Silo Beast by Beyond Vape Thoughts/Short Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Alright @buffaloruffneck you asked and I'll deliver. Basic horizontal Ti 26g 2.5mm 6 wraps with rayon tucked in for wicking. Comes to about .36 ohms and here's a pic:
0617151549.jpg

So nothing fancy took a tank full and is working well. Except it guzzles juice pretty fast so I think I'll use it for higher VG juices.

Here's a few more pics, size comparison to V1 Atlantis w/ 5ml extension, of the RBA head, and for posterity.
0617151544.jpg 0617151548.jpg 0617151545.jpg

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Great Shigura, glad yours came in. My tracking said it left New Orleans at 4am this morning and would be delivered today. I just went to the post office to check and they don't have it. I showed them the tracking and they said it should have been here, hope it hasn't got lost so close to home. I've had my post office lose a package before, tracking said delivered and they say they didn't have it I believe they put it in the wrong P.O. Box.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Great Shigura, glad yours came in. My tracking said it left New Orleans at 4am this morning and would be delivered today. I just went to the post office to check and they don't have it. I showed them the tracking and they said it should have been here, hope it hasn't got lost so close to home. I've had my post office lose a package before, tracking said delivered and they say they didn't have it I believe they put it in the wrong P.O. Box.
Ouch thats terrible, about losing/misplacing a package. Worst thats ever happened to me was that they over shot me by quite a few states. It was a Nitecore D2 charger shipped from Cali, to Tennessee and then back to Nebraska where I'm at.

I'm super happy they bit the bullet and upgraded it to 2day shipped. At first I had no movement til today and then next thing I know it was delivered. Came along with some 3x VTC5s from VaporDNA. I trust these guys alot so these should be authentic they match up perfectly with the authentic vs fake comparisons. But thats another tale for another thread.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Ouch thats terrible, about losing/misplacing a package. Worst thats ever happened to me was that they over shot me by quite a few states. It was a Nitecore D2 charger shipped from Cali, to Tennessee and then back to Nebraska where I'm at.

I'm super happy they bit the bullet and upgraded it to 2day shipped. At first I had no movement til today and then next thing I know it was delivered. Came along with some 3x VTC5s from VaporDNA. I trust these guys alot so these should be authentic they match up perfectly with the authentic vs fake comparisons. But thats another tale for another thread.

I have found these guys are great for authen batteries, prices and fast shipping, illum.com, you can usually find a coupon code for them. Have you tried the coils that come with the beast? I hear mixed opinions about them some say they are better then Atlantis v2 coils and vice-versa.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I have found these guys are great for authen batteries, prices and fast shipping, illum.com, you can usually find a coupon code for them. Have you tried the coils that come with the beast? I hear mixed opinions about them some say they are better then Atlantis v2 coils and vice-versa.
They're on the charger for right now once finished I'll throw the odd one in and go from there. I do know about illum.com and about being trusted. I do trust VaporDNA alot as they are my goto stateside company and they haven't had stock of those batts since last year either. Speaking of which I nearly bought their brand new tank the [HASHTAG]#Saucecode[/HASHTAG] if this sucker was still in preshipped limbo.

Took out the Segatank RBA v2 head out and put in the Atlantis Ni coil in instead. So I can't weigh in on the kanthal heads yet. My biggest draw to this was its airflow so I could utilize the nickel heads more effectively. To keep temp low while providing adequate airflow to cool it off since the single large cyclops on the V1 wasn't that great.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Oh also want to input the 510 positive is adjustable and protudes more then enough for hybrid mechs! So keep that in mind if you get the "check atomizer" error or no fire at all for the mech crowd. The segatank RBA was a lil longer so it pushed it out farther as I switched to an Atlantis head. Ah forgot, this sucker sure does heat up though reminds me of the Arctic w/ .2 heads but not quite that hot just the tank.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Thanks for your thoughts,
Oh also want to input the 510 positive is adjustable and protudes more then enough for hybrid mechs! So keep that in mind if you get the "check atomizer" error or no fire at all for the mech crowd. The segatank RBA was a lil longer so it pushed it out farther as I switched to an Atlantis head. Ah forgot, this sucker sure does heat up though reminds me of the Arctic w/ .2 heads but not quite that hot just the tank.

Thanks for your feedback, I know you only played with it for a short time but can I ask, what is your all around thoughts on the Silo Beast? Is it everything you hoped for, pros or cons?

Alright @buffaloruffneck you asked and I'll deliver. Basic horizontal Ti 26g 2.5mm 6 wraps with rayon tucked in for wicking. Comes to about .36 ohms and here's a pic:
View attachment 464830
So nothing fancy took a tank full and is working well. Except it guzzles juice pretty fast so I think I'll use it for higher VG juices.

Here's a few more pics, size comparison to V1 Atlantis w/ 5ml extension, of the RBA head, and for posterity.
View attachment 464833 View attachment 464834 View attachment 464835
AWESOME. Your RBA looks high and tight, nice work. Real nice. How's the Vape? And on a related unrelated note, how's the HCigar dna40 box?

Reactions: Shigura
illum.com has been a great source for me. Back in November when it was impossible to get VTC4 batteries stocked anywhere they had them and they were legit. Recommended for sure.

I ordered my first Beast with a pack of Beyond .5 prebuit and a pack of Atlantis .3 prebuit. They both work great - the .5 Beast coils are organic and have Atlantis v1 size juice ports so if you're running on a 50-60w mod they're great. The v2 coils at .3 have huge juice ports and so far in the Beast I have pushed them to 100 watts with no burn but the Vape is WAY to hot for my taste and even at 6mil in the tank, you can't be too far from a juice bottle and a sack of 18650s [emoji6]

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Thanks for your thoughts,

Thanks for your feedback, I know you only played with it for a short time but can I ask, what is your all around thoughts on the Silo Beast? Is it everything you hoped for, pros or cons?
This is a definite upgrade from an Atlantis. Dual massive air holes that work great for TC coils and builds. Looks and feels quite sturdy absolutely no o-rings on this thing. Besides the rubber cap up top the only seal is on your coil itself. Air flow adjuster is tight but is pretty smooth as you adjust it. The only thing I dislike is the screw/unscrewing of the top cap is funky to me. But its not a deal breaker just make sure you tighten down good as the rubber cap will provide resistance. It does heat up quite well.

AWESOME. Your RBA looks high and tight, nice work. Real nice. How's the Vape? And on a related unrelated note, how's the HCigar dna40 box?
I daresay I like it more then the prebuilt Ni coil I have in. Not used to vaping on rayon but I wanted to use it for a faster wicking. So it guzzles pretty fast but the flavor is definitely there! As for the HB40 it was my first TC device and still use it in rotation but not often. This version is the quick fix they did when the mod had grounding issues. They've long since upgraded the internals and does have atty-lock (mine doesn't). Its decent and works good the bottom magnet finally came out last night though. With the market now this one has faded pretty much.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Definitely want some feedback on that PSO saucecode tank! It looks to have it all; capacity, style, airflow, top fill, RBA section, coil compatibility. I want it but if I buy anything else right now I'll be sleeping in my car
emoji6.png
I just ordered one the anticipation was killing me I will post back in a few days with the lowdown.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
I ordered my first Beast with a pack of Beyond .5 prebuit and a pack of Atlantis .3 prebuit. They both work great - the .5 Beast coils are organic and have Atlantis v1 size juice ports so if you're running on a 50-60w mod they're great. The v2 coils at .3 have huge juice ports and so far in the Beast I have pushed them to 100 watts with no burn but the Vape is WAY to hot for my taste and even at 6mil in the tank, you can't be too far from a juice bottle and a sack of 18650s [emoji6]

Sounds good since the Ni coils I have will go with the VF at 40W and the .5 Atlantis V2 coils I have will go with the zero thst is 50W. Thanks.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Sorry, dropped my phone in the sink and fried the USB port the other night. I picked up my Beast Thursday afternoon from the post office. The shorty tank didn't ship with it and this looks a hell lot taller then I expected, doesn't quite look right on the Zero and its top heavy so makes my VF loose 510 learn over and sit crooked. Everything looks good, updated top seal around chamber, everything's nice and tight, all the orings are way too soft and the drip tip is too tight even after lubing it up wouldn't fit without one of the orings getting torn in half and few burrs inside. The beast coils are updated to the Atlantis V2 coils with 4 air intake holes and bigger juice holes.

This thing is really disappointing me. I tried every coil the last 3 days both .5 & 1.2 Beast coils, Vapor Shark Ni coil, and a .5 Atlantis V2 coil. I primed them till they couldn't take no more juice, filled the tank with 70vg juice that's light and doesn't hardly gunk up coils and let sit a little longer. With the Beast and Atlantis V2 coils I get dry hits all day and it seems the air bubbles get trapped under the hood where the coil sits, shaking and primer puffs don't help have to loosen the top cap till they come up then tighten back down. Dry hits on the .5s after a few hits at 30-35 watts, dry hits on the 1.2 at 25-30 watts. The Ni coils just don't give me a warm or dense enough vape unless I jack it up to around 420F at 40 Watts then it just burns the cotton or the temp won't let me take a few hits without letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. I tried playing with the AFC and bared through 2 tank fulls through each coil expect the 1.2, which is useless to me, thinking they had to break in. The flavor never got better, vapor never got denser, and still dry hits after every few hits. I was hoping they would break in and the shorty tank would help with the flavor but I don't see that happening may try the .3 coils or some Hercules or Artic coils since I think they are dual coils.

How in the world are all these people that say they use high VG juice and vape this at 60, 70+ watts. I was really hoping this would make life easier not having to make coils, dry burn, rewick or drip after every 3 hits? I will keep it in my pocket for a few days and every once in a while after dripping I will pop this on and see if it gets better. When the shorty gets shipped I will pick up some .3 or dual coils that fit and see if that combo makes it work for me.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La

Ruffneck, how many watts have you put on the .5 beast/atlantis V1 coils till you get dry hits? They updated the beast coils to the V2 coils and it's a fail for me. I'm have to get the .3 coils but IDK just disappointed. What ratio juice do you use? I don't want to drop down to 50/50 to make this work.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
So these have been out for a bit. What is the verdict? better, just as good, or worse than the Kanger sub??

One of my Kanger sub's (I have three sub's) is just giving me a error on both the mods I use temp control on. I'm on the fence to stick with the Kangers, or try something new? I am a flavor chaser BTW

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota
So these have been out for a bit. What is the verdict? better, just as good, or worse than the Kanger sub??

One of my Kanger sub's (I have three sub's) is just giving me a error on both the mods I use temp control on. I'm on the fence to stick with the Kangers, or try something new? I am a flavor chaser BTW

I am curious as to these questions as well. In the market for a subohm tank and somebody recommended the Beast to me, and I had never heard of it. Also, is there an RBA deck for these yet?

Ruffneck, how many watts have you put on the .5 beast/atlantis V1 coils till you get dry hits? They updated the beast coils to the V2 coils and it's a fail for me. I'm have to get the .3 coils but IDK just disappointed. What ratio juice do you use? I don't want to drop down to 50/50 to make this work.
Sorry, been a while. I could push the v1 .5 Beast coils to about 50watts to burn - 42 watts all day vape on 70/30 juice. The v2 coils I could vape comfortably at 47-48 watts and push to about 60 to burn. I have to say, I picked up a second tank and a short sleeve and have decided that after I got used to how cool they looked, especially the shorter sleeve they ultimately are a giant pain in the .... They leak for some reason like every OTHER time I fill which is strange since the technique never changes. The o-rings are terrible quality, every one is chewed to hell at this point. I gotta say I did expect more from a Beyond Vape product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread