Status
Not open for further replies.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I understand that twisting pure silver wire onto the ends of the coil to connect it to the posts is good because it has low, or no resistance and only the coil itself heats up. Has anyone done it, and is it a benefit? Is there an instructional video to view on the subject?

Edit: Darn, I did n't check spelling in the topic! That was supposed to be wire.:oops:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Thanks! You're so young, but you type so well! Quite a bit of knowledge stored in that cute little noggin!:D

You only need it if you're using a device that has long wire runs from the coil to the terminals like an Odysseus/Penelope.

If your terminals are right next to the core there's no need for NR wire.

Is there an instructional video to view on the subject?
Learning to splice is still a good thing to know how to do for some builders. If you are one whom wants to learn how. The first tutorial in [thread=295410]THIS THREAD[/thread] shows one way to splice to wire together in images(or do a YT search for a penelope build vid).

I suck @ that way of doing a splice, so I made this quickly done video of my sloppy way of doing a mini western union splice. I do use a couple of mini pliers, a cutter, & a head magnifier to do it, but the video may be of assistance ;)

8N9cC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread