DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
IMG_20160420_125914459_HDR.jpg

Thanks to @AlmightyEvan and HeavenGifts, I recently received the UD Simba.

Getting this pic uploaded. BRB for comments

O.k. Real keyboard :)

I washed this lil beasty up and loaded it with the dual-coil head (which was already installed)

Getting the gist of the juice flow control ring and the air flow control is different - not had JFC on a tank before. I *LOVE* the top-fill (close the JFC to prevent leaking) For me, though, once set, I probably won't fiddle with either JFC or AFC.

The airflow is monstrous. There's also an airflow control tip (which I've removed and am using my own 510 drip tip - *LIKE* )

I haven't tried anything with ceramic coils. This particular head has dual coils wicked with cotton, but a surrounding ceramic "filter".

I'm running a vanilla-flavored juice, which I typically run at lower power, so as not to impair the flavor, but I have this up to almost 30W, and the flavor is quite nice.

There are two other heads - a complete ceramic head and an RBA (with what appears to be 1/2 ceramic?) Haven't tried either of the others yet. I would like some "instructions" on how best to coil and wick the RBA - this is a new tank, and there isn't a lot of information that I've been able to find yet. Most reviews I've seen simply load up the ceramic head, fill with juice and put pedal to the metal.

Coming from someone who hadn't broken the 20W barrier as of a year or so ago, this is quite enjoyable at 30W. I'll nudge it up to see how high I can push (but I'm at work at the moment, and vaping is verboten inside :D )

Initial impressions are quite pleasant.

For some of the other folk who also received, I'm interested in your opinions and impressions as well.

Thanks again @AlmightyEvan :)

Last edited:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Hai, Darlin'! Nice write-up! I don't have a Simba, but I did a l'il research on the RBA head for ya. Looks like that ceramic part is kind of a "space-filler" in case you want to do a single coil build. Take it out for dual coil. :)
Simba RBA.jpg

As for how to build it, I'd build it the same way I do my Silver Play (for the most part), but my build style would require you to use rayon wicks... I had issues getting cotton to work in it. Lemme know if you want to see how I do the SP. ;)

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thanks @Kaezziel! I was looking all over for pictures, and could not locate that :facepalm:

I do have a bit of rayon which I can try!

No problem, Sweetheart. Glad I could help.
As for how to place the coil and wick, here's how I do the Silver Play. Just, wit teh rayon, make sure it's rather tight in the coil and then thin the tail density by about 75% and leave them long enough to line the juice channels. Screw the chimney on, and then cut off the excess wick tails.
After 1st Tank.jpg

If that doesn't work for you, or gives you problems, then just let me know. We'll figure something out and get that RBA head workin' for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread