Simple guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baalel

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Watford, UK
Has anyone put together a simple, printable guide for new e-smokers?

I've had a number of smokers interested in trying e-smoking approach me since I've been vaping at work, but many of them are 'non-technical', not even internet users, so much of the advise and hints/tips etc I could point them to are inappropriate.

New e-smokers that have to rely on suppliers marketing materials and product manuals can be disapointed when there first atomizer starts to clog, or their batteries dont perform after a week or two, and if they arent used to online forums and youtube vids they may give up in frustration.

phylo

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2008
Santa Cruz Ca.
Maybe you could post it here on the tips and tricks board Phil? That would be very handy and you might get some helpful input there.

Ill do that! I already posted it a while back in the suppliers forum when I was asking for feedback..

I would also love to see what you other folks have come up with.

Phil

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Water wont work but you get 0mg carts that are non addictive, or you can drip in glycerine.

Hi,
I have a ridiculous question ( it's for theater ) someone need like a e-cigarette but without the nicotine or the chemical product that make the smoke, is it possible to put water in the refill to make it smoke normally but whithout taste and anything ? Thanks

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Hi,
I have a ridiculous question ( it's for theater ) someone need like a e-cigarette but without the nicotine or the chemical product that make the smoke, is it possible to put water in the refill to make it smoke normally but whithout taste and anything ? Thanks
no...its the PG that makes the smoke...you could try using just glycerine as an alternative.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Thanks for answer, can it work with the fluid from a 'Fog Machine' ?

And if I fill the cardtidge with glycerine, isn't it hazard for health ?

Thanks
fog machines use PG to make the smoke...however,they also add other chemicals...so i really wouldnt use that for direct inhalations if i were you...

there havnt been any long term studies of high level daily inhalation of PG or glycerine...we are all kind of winging it...so if you want to esmoke,you take your chances...personally i think if you dont already smoke,and dont need it as an alternative,dont do it is the best option...

as for glycerine...well,many people here use it...its generally regarded as safe to vape as PG...as far as we know...

totally wicked eliquid is made with PG,but has been lab tested,and seems quite safe...and you can get zero nicotine liquid there...so that might be an option for you... another is johnsons creek,who make a non-PG eliquid-possibly made using glycerine,also available in zero nic...alternatively,buy some glycerine..

im a bit confused...is this for a short term use theatre production prop or something?
or is it for someone to esmoke full time?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Short term use of either non-nicotine PG liquid or pure vegetable glycerine should not be a problem. No addictive material. No carcinogens. Much safer than something like clove cigarettes, which some actors use. Not safe at all, with even more tar than tobacco!

My son, an actor, needed to smoke for a stage production. He was 37. I tried to convince him to smoke no-nic Quest cigarettes. He didn't listen. In less than a week, he was addicted to cigarettes and cannot quit to this day. His wife won't have a child with a smoker! He'd like to quit...just like 80 percent of all cigarette smokers. Like that 80%, he can't.

NathanS

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 1, 2008
    Portland, OR USA
    IM working on a e-cig e-book, im putting alot of info in it like the history and how they work as well as tips and tricks and more. If anyone is interested in sending me some info to put in the e-boom they can e-mail me at Simpson975 AT gmail.com

I will make a post when its done or you can sign up to get it on the website in my sig section.

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 31, 2008
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Hehe, I'm actually in the process of rewriting the user manual that came with the DSE 901. I read through it once and then had to nap for 10 hours because of this massive migraine that i received.

Luckily, I survived the experience. And therefore I want to save everyone from the same pain that I received when I first purchased my DSE 901 :) Yup, i'm a saint :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread