Not open for further replies.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Have you tried FW Caramel Candy?

I second this suggestion. FlavorWests Caramel Candy is excellent.

My simple 6 ml recipe is:

Flavour Arts "Cookie"- 6 drops
Flavorist/Perfumers Apprentice "Bavarian Cream"- 4 drops
1 or 2 drops sweetener

To those two flavors, you can add ANY third flavoring and it tastes wonderful. I've tried it with fruits, nuts or spices and they all tasted great. It ends up tasting like a pastry or danish.

Steve803

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Deland, Fl
vapinggenius.com
What sweetener do you use? Where do you get it?
Just about ready to start my first DIY and had to leave that off my initial shopping list, cause I couldn't find it from the vendor I got most of my initial stuff from...

I use EZ Sweets Sucralose from Walmart. Just a drop or two per 5ml is nice. It's been harder to find it there. I think there are a bunch of DIY'ers in my area buying it all up.
Myfreedomsmokes.com carries the Sucralose also. They sell out fast so keep checking the site if they're out.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Thanks - post-post, I also spotted that there's a sucralose solution available from MtBaker!

I use EZ Sweets Sucralose from Walmart. Just a drop or two per 5ml is nice. It's been harder to find it there. I think there are a bunch of DIY'ers in my area buying it all up.
Myfreedomsmokes.com carries the Sucralose also. They sell out fast so keep checking the site if they're out.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
Ok Update on the Caremel!!!! I made a batch using 4% LorAnn flavoring. It was down right nice. It's slightly sweet with that buttery caramel taste. To me, the taste does fade in and out a bit, but I don't think I'd want to go much higher with the flavoring as I'm JUST on the good side of an extreamly light burnt taste. I am going to try to go a little higher the next time though. Just to see what happens. It is a good vape at this point though.

The recipe for is:

Caramel

VG = 80%
Distilled Water = 15%
LorAnn Caramel Flavoring = 4%
Liquid Sucralose (liquid Splenda) = 1%

If you try it, let us know how it turns out for you.

Joie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Illinois
Ok Update on the Caremel!!!! I made a batch using 4% LorAnn flavoring. It was down right nice. It's slightly sweet with that buttery caramel taste. To me, the taste does fade in and out a bit, but I don't think I'd want to go much higher with the flavoring as I'm JUST on the good side of an extreamly light burnt taste. I am going to try to go a little higher the next time though. Just to see what happens. It is a good vape at this point though.

The recipe for is:

Caramel

VG = 80%
Distilled Water = 15%
LorAnn Caramel Flavoring = 4%
Liquid Sucralose (liquid Splenda) = 1%

If you try it, let us know how it turns out for you.

I will give it a try

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
This is my favorite simple recipe because it can be vaped it as soon as it's mixed.
50pg/50vg

Chai Pear

tfa Chai tea 10%
tfa Pear 6%

you could add cream and sugar.:p

Is their Pear flavor any good? I know LorAnns apple is really light to vape with. I was thinking that a pear would be about the same.

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland

Spearmint
83% VG (8.3 ml)
15% Distilled Water (1.5 ml)
2% LorAnn Spearmint Oil (4 drops)

Update 9/13;
I changed the recipe and added 2% more flavoring and 5% less VG, I also added 3% liquid sucralose (liquid Splenda).
So the new Recipe should now reads like this:

Spearmint

78% VG
4% Loranns Spearmint Oil Flavoring
15% Distilled Water
3% Liquid Sucralose

This is a bit spicy to start with, but it mellows out as you vape. But it's strong enough for the flavor to stay there for hours of vaping.

manonthemoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
NY
Somewhere along the line I read that you should avoid citrus and cinnamon in clearomizers and any plastic tank. Is that true? I've been vaping almost exclusively with inexpensive clearomizers. I'd like to avoid putting anything in them that might shorten their useful life.

Yeah. Try getting a glass tank like the Protank 2 or mini version...then you can use whatever juice you like without having to worry about cracking it.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
My favorite super simple mix is 12% TFA Hawaiian Punch, 50/50 VG/PG.

I've tried several Root Beers, the best I've found is 13% MBV (Flavor West) Root Beer with one drop of Stevia sweetener per 10ml. (Swanson Vitamins Alcohol-free Stevia Liquid Extract is what I used) (also 50/50)

3 ingredients, but still pretty simple is my TanRasGo mix, all TFA -
4% Tangerine
4% Raspberry
4% Mango

Steve803

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Deland, Fl
vapinggenius.com
My favorite super simple mix is 12% TFA Hawaiian Punch, 50/50 VG/PG.

I've tried several Root Beers, the best I've found is 13% MBV (Flavor West) Root Beer with one drop of Stevia sweetener per 10ml. (Swanson Vitamins Alcohol-free Stevia Liquid Extract is what I used) (also 50/50)

3 ingredients, but still pretty simple is my TanRasGo mix, all TFA -
4% Tangerine
4% Raspberry
4% Mango

I tried the Stevia sweetener and it ruined my juice. IDK why but it make it unvapable. I even made sure I got the kind without any additives, but it still was bad. Maybe I did something wrong, but I haven't used it since and went back to using EZ sweets Sucralose.

gybyry2e.jpg

qabemybe.jpg

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there

Steve803

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Deland, Fl
vapinggenius.com
How much Stevia did you use?

I'm no expert, this was my first attempt with it, but I found 1 drop per 10ml was enough to add a subtle sweetness. I could see using, at most, 2 drop per 10ml.

Mine also says 5 drops is a serving, it's this one Swanson Premium Liquid Stevia (Alcohol Free) 2 fl oz (59 ml) Liquid - Swanson Health Products

I normally only start with a drop per 5ml's. Maybe it was something else. I have been through most of the DIY threads and found some things that toned down the juice overall. I'll try another 5ml batch to see if i can get the sweetness I'm looking for. This was expensive stuff and I'd hate to waist it.

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
Update 9/13;
I changed the recipe and added 2% more flavoring and 5% less VG, I also added 3% liquid sucralose (liquid Splenda).
So the new Recipe should now reads like this:

Spearmint

78% VG
4% Loranns Spearmint Oil Flavoring
15% Distilled Water
3% Liquid Sucralose

This is a bit spicy to start with, but it mellows out as you vape. But it's strong enough for the flavor to stay there for hours of vaping.

A couple of things I feel the need to warn folks about.
#1. This is a tank cracker flavor. It clowded one of my Evods stright away.
#2. This is a lingering flavor. It will tend to stay in your coils and cross with any other flavor you put in your tanks for a few refills after vaping it. Even after a few suttle cleanings. If you want to change flavors after vaping this I would suggest soaking the coil in water, vodka, or PGA over night.

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
Started on my LorAnns flavored colection this evening. I made a Root Beer, Cherry, Apple, Caramel, and an all naturial Lemonade using Real Lemon juice. I'll have to tell you all how they turn out after I let them steep a little. If I like them I'll edit this post and add their recipes.

Well I've been working on the Root Beer. And after a bunch of trial and error I can say this......LorAnn's Root Beer is a wounderful flavoring.....if your making candy. Not so much if your wanting to vape with it.
I've ramped up the flavoring to the point where it's just starting to get a burnt taste to it. No root beer tast to it just a burnt taste. I've tried sweetening it to no avale. I just can't bring their flavor out in a vape. So I'm just going to chalk this one up to one of those flavors that you just can't mix with.
On to the next challange....Cordial Cherry. Wish me luck...LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread