Not open for further replies.

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
No on the FW.....I really haven't had any success with DIY yet.....
Have mixed some vendors mixes together for some different things....
All my DIY stuff seems to taste peppery or not near sweet enough....and if I add sweetner...don't see much improvement.....maybe it's a steeping thing............
Got to really get back into it and hone my skills....LOL
Am hoping someone comes up with a good caramel recipe that I can COPY!!!!

Just a thought ... maybe the "peppery" taste you're getting is from your base (nicotine). Make sure your nicotine isn't the problem. Some do have a "peppery" taste to them. You can't have "great" tasting juice if you're starting with "bad" tasting nic. :blush:

Also ... try this simple combination (maybe it'll work for you):

Caramel 15%
Vanilla Custard 2%
Sweetener 2%

If you like the general taste of this ... you can adjust the percentages however you'd like.

(I personally like Nature's Flavors Caramel Cream or Caramel the best)

Hope this helps you a little. :)

Edit:

Just wanted to give you one more "Creamy" Caramel recipe to try, that you might like:

Caramel 8 - 9%
Vanilla Custard 7%
Bavarian Cream 5%
Sweeten to Taste (about 1 drop per 5ml - depending on how sweet you want it.)

Last edited:

KYBLUE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky, USA
On to the next challange....Cordial Cherry. Wish me luck...LOL.

Oh yeah, best of luck to you.

Queen Anne Milk Chocolate Cordial Cherries are long time winter holiday season indulgence. One of the few candy/snacks I must keep inaccessible lest I will founder on them.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Just a thought ... maybe the "peppery" taste you're getting is from your base (nicotine). Make sure your nicotine isn't the problem. Some do have a "peppery" taste to them. You can't have "great" tasting juice if you're starting with "bad" tasting nic. :blush:

Also ... try this simple combination (maybe it'll work for you):

Caramel 15%
Vanilla Custard 2%
Sweetener 2%

If you like the general taste of this ... you can adjust the percentages however you'd like.

(I personally like Nature's Flavors Caramel Cream or Caramel the best)

Hope this helps you a little. :)

Edit:

Just wanted to give you one more "Creamy" Caramel recipe to try, that you might like:

Caramel 8 - 9%
Vanilla Custard 7%
Bavarian Cream 5%
Sweeten to Taste (about 1 drop per 5ml - depending on how sweet you want it.)

I get that peppery taste from time to time. I actually like it but I really like pepper anyway. I grind it fresh with a mill. I've never had a liquid consistently give me the pepper effect. It mysteriously comes and goes.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Hangsen tobacco Flavors - RY1 - Magic Mix - Pipe Tobacco - Golden VI - Cigar - Virginia - T5 - highway

Hangsen Tobacco 8%
PG
VG
Nicotine Base

Works well as standalone flavors and easy to add your favorite notes. Going to mix a tobacco this weekend with some added HS Coconut and maybe a little butter and one of my Creams for added sweetness. I'm finding HS tobaccos are easy to work with.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
10-15% TFA RY4 Double is always a winner.

15% Capella Sweet Tangerine is awesome.

7% TFA Cinnamon Red Hots with 1 drop EM per 2 Ml tastes just like the inside of an Atomic Fireball.

10% Flavour Art Oba Oba is always in my rotation.

10% Seedmans Captain Black is fantastic after a few weeks of steeping.

15% Flavor West Ecto Cooler tastes just like the Hi-C drink I remember drinking as a kid.

What flavor is Oba Oba?

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
Well I think i might have hit another winner. And on my first try at it!!

It is a Cordial Cherry. It has a the tast of a dark chocolate covered cherry. Just a tad bitter in the beginning until the cherry kicks in right after it. Then the sweetness of the added sweetner comes in at the end. If you like chocolate covered cherries you have to try this. But if you do, please let us know what YOU think of it.

Cordial Cherry

75% VG
15% Distilled Water
5% Lorann Cherry
2% Lorann Chocolate
3% Liquid Splenda

Let this steep for about 4 days to let the flavors mix and set. It should be good out of the bottle from there.
I'm not sure if a longer steep time will do any better. I don't think this will last around my house long enough to find out...LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread