SINUOUS P80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
One of my P80s has a little gunk on the inside of the transparent firing panel, obscuring part of the display. Is there any way to take that panel off to clean the underside?
Haven't used Arctic Fox, so can't help with that. But I remember seeing that you can adjust the tension of the button by removing the battery and accessing the behind the button by unscrewing a couple of screws in the battery chamber, I believe. Maybe this'll allow you to get there.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Just stumbled across a method to use the P-80 as a (rudimentary) "battery checker"...

I changed the "Display of Battery Level" from "battery symbol" to "battery percentage"...

Now...after charging my (relatively new) Samsung 30Q's...I find that 2 register as 100%...1 registers as 98%...and 1 registers as 96%...

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
One of my P80s has a little gunk on the inside of the transparent firing panel, obscuring part of the display. Is there any way to take that panel off to clean the underside?
This post about taking off the panels was very useful, and I was able to clean them up! Some words of caution though:
  • You do have to remove all 4 screws to remove both panels.
  • The springs and little button bar are just sitting in there and very easy to lose. I lost one spring, but she's still working fine. I used a hand vac to suck up the dust and sucked up the button bar!
  • There is a metal hinge pin for the cap. Mine fell out and it took me a while to figure out what it was!
You will find that a lot of dust accumulates under those panels, so it's a good opportunity to clean everything out.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
In TC mode, my P80 works great 'till I switch atomizers, then after adjusting the settings, TC protection kicks in way before the set temp is reached and wattage bounces all over the place. What am I missing here?
I run the P80 with Arctic Fox. Seems to make this mod operate far more consistently. The TC becomes quite usable, pretty good actually, also have noted an improvement in battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread