The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SINUOUS P80

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by ricks, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Just joined the p80 club. I'm trying to knock my pico 75w off the top mod spot ;)

For me it's all about weight and hand feel. So far so good with the p80. I especially love the fire bar.

p80.jpg
    P80 and doggy rta

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    With the P80...should be QUITE easy to achieve...:thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    And...as I'm thinkin' you've discovered...it's one of the few Mods that you can pick up without wasting time by looking at it first...

Even if you pick it up "backwards"...and squeeze...you'll still end up with your usual "hit"...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    If anyone is looking for one, I saw eightvape has them for $23.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Even if you pick it up "sideways" ....and squeeze...!
    Its my driving mod. If Im driving any where, I take the P80.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. GTVH

GTVH Full Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Central California
    Saw this pop-up on my tapatalk. Been a happy P80 user for over a year now. Have had a few of them. It's my on the go mod. Running arctic fox firmware has just made it all the better. [​IMG]

Carpe ~ Diem.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. magicmyst

magicmyst Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    FWIW, You can buy the P80 (and any other Wismec mod) directly from wismec.usa. Not the lowest price, but use WIS10 for 10% off. Free shipping over $50. They do reward points, and if you ever have any issues with the mod you can go straight to the manufacturer for support.

I recently bought 2 and love this little mod. Went back and got another 2, stacking the 10% off and $6.50 reward points.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    One of my new P80s was acting weird (not always firing, going in and out of stealth mode by just clicking the firing bar). Updated the firmware- no joy. Emailed Wismec last night, they sent an RMA label today, and it's on its way back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Replacement on its way! A+ customer service from Wismec.us.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I asked somewhere else but this may have been a better place. Anybody got a picture of the P80 next to a Vaporesso Armour Pro so I can see how the compare size wise? Also anybody using the Armour Pro wanna share your experience with it? I like my P80 for an out and about mod but wouldn’t mind having 21700 power in a small package for on the go vaping. Never owned a Vaporesso but have admired them from afar and hear good things about them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11. hittman

Supporting member
    I have three vaporesso mods. A revenger, revenger silk, and a polar. I like them all. I just ordered an armour pro yesterday from FT. I have the p80 and used it for quite a while. I put it in storage when I got the polar. I like the battery life of the dual battery mods but wanted to try the armour with a 21700.

12. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I’m the same way. An 18650 is right at the border of enough battery for my vape style. I have a few single 21700 mods and I can get a day of vaping out of them. That’s the bare minimum I want to get because I got better things to do than charge batteries all day everyday. Please share your experience when you eventually get your Armour Pro.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hittman

Supporting member
    I received the armour pro on Saturday. So far I like it. It's really small to me although I'm used to using dual 18650 mods. I went ahead and downloaded the latest firmware for it. It operates very similar to the polar. I haven't really gotten a good feel for the battery life yet since both of my 21700 batteries are being used for the first time. I need to get a couple charges on them before I can get a real feel for battery life but so far I don't notice that much extra battery life compared to my 18650 batteries. It came with a sleeve so you can use 18650 if you want to. My only complaint so far is that the buttons are really small for navigating the menu. It really seems to fire quickly and is giving a nice vape.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Anyone finding the P80 to be a bit of a battery hog?
    An aspire Zelos mod @2600mah lasts longer for me than the P80 using the same tank and same ohm coil.
    I have a genuine Samsung 18650 in the P80

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yep - my lg hg2 3000mah lasts longer in a pico 75w than in a p80

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    One of my P80s has a little gunk on the inside of the transparent firing panel, obscuring part of the display. Is there any way to take that panel off to clean the underside?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I know I saw someone take one apart before. May have been a reviewer. But it looks pretty easy to take it apart.

• Like Like x 2
  18. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Ah Ha!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    CLOCK? I just installed arctic fox on my P80. How do I enable the clock?

• Like Like x 2
  20. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    OK, I figured out how to enable the damned clock, but everything else about the Arctic Fox menu is driving me batty. Had 316SS TC working great on the stock firmware, but can't get it working right on AF. It throttles the power WAY back. I'm flashing the stock firmware back. Maybe give this a try when I have lots of time and feel much smarter.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.