Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Just joined the p80 club. I'm trying to knock my pico 75w off the top mod spot ;)

For me it's all about weight and hand feel. So far so good with the p80. I especially love the fire bar.

p80.jpg

P80 and doggy rta

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I especially love the fire bar.

And...as I'm thinkin' you've discovered...it's one of the few Mods that you can pick up without wasting time by looking at it first...

Even if you pick it up "backwards"...and squeeze...you'll still end up with your usual "hit"...

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    And...as I'm thinkin' you've discovered...it's one of the few Mods that you can pick up without wasting time by looking at it first...

Even if you pick it up "backwards"...and squeeze...you'll still end up with your usual "hit"...

Even if you pick it up "sideways" ....and squeeze...!
    Its my driving mod. If Im driving any where, I take the P80.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    FWIW, You can buy the P80 (and any other Wismec mod) directly from wismec.usa. Not the lowest price, but use WIS10 for 10% off. Free shipping over $50. They do reward points, and if you ever have any issues with the mod you can go straight to the manufacturer for support.

I recently bought 2 and love this little mod. Went back and got another 2, stacking the 10% off and $6.50 reward points.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    One of my new P80s was acting weird (not always firing, going in and out of stealth mode by just clicking the firing bar). Updated the firmware- no joy. Emailed Wismec last night, they sent an RMA label today, and it's on its way back.
    Replacement on its way! A+ customer service from Wismec.us.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I asked somewhere else but this may have been a better place. Anybody got a picture of the P80 next to a Vaporesso Armour Pro so I can see how the compare size wise? Also anybody using the Armour Pro wanna share your experience with it? I like my P80 for an out and about mod but wouldn’t mind having 21700 power in a small package for on the go vaping. Never owned a Vaporesso but have admired them from afar and hear good things about them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have three vaporesso mods. A revenger, revenger silk, and a polar. I like them all. I just ordered an armour pro yesterday from FT. I have the p80 and used it for quite a while. I put it in storage when I got the polar. I like the battery life of the dual battery mods but wanted to try the armour with a 21700.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I have three vaporesso mods. A revenger, revenger silk, and a polar. I like them all. I just ordered an armour pro yesterday from FT. I have the p80 and used it for quite a while. I put it in storage when I got the polar. I like the battery life of the dual battery mods but wanted to try the armour with a 21700.
    I’m the same way. An 18650 is right at the border of enough battery for my vape style. I have a few single 21700 mods and I can get a day of vaping out of them. That’s the bare minimum I want to get because I got better things to do than charge batteries all day everyday. Please share your experience when you eventually get your Armour Pro.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I received the armour pro on Saturday. So far I like it. It's really small to me although I'm used to using dual 18650 mods. I went ahead and downloaded the latest firmware for it. It operates very similar to the polar. I haven't really gotten a good feel for the battery life yet since both of my 21700 batteries are being used for the first time. I need to get a couple charges on them before I can get a real feel for battery life but so far I don't notice that much extra battery life compared to my 18650 batteries. It came with a sleeve so you can use 18650 if you want to. My only complaint so far is that the buttons are really small for navigating the menu. It really seems to fire quickly and is giving a nice vape.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Anyone finding the P80 to be a bit of a battery hog?
    An aspire Zelos mod @2600mah lasts longer for me than the P80 using the same tank and same ohm coil.
    I have a genuine Samsung 18650 in the P80

Yep - my lg hg2 3000mah lasts longer in a pico 75w than in a p80

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    One of my P80s has a little gunk on the inside of the transparent firing panel, obscuring part of the display. Is there any way to take that panel off to clean the underside?
    I know I saw someone take one apart before. May have been a reviewer. But it looks pretty easy to take it apart.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Ah Ha!
    The stiffness of the fire bar can be reduced by removing the TWO small springs that lie behind the fire bar, at the top.

You must remove the base/battery door first via the 4 small screws under the battery flap
    to allow the plastic fire bar to come away revealing the springs behind.

The fire button itself (ie: the microswitch) still has quite a bit of resistance and it will not auto fire just by picking up the device.

I have done it myself as I found it way too stiff - being a thumb presser and "balancing" mods between the fingers then firing lightly, rather than palm gripping and squeezing etc.

This also removes the "squeaking" noises the fire bar makes when moved.

1. Do this over a towel so not to lose the screws/springs etc if they ping off through the air ;)
    2. Both plastic panels will come off when removing the base - be aware this will happen
    3. It`s a reversible procedure
    4. There is a downside - the clicking noise of the fire button sounds a bit more "clicky"

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    CLOCK? I just installed arctic fox on my P80. How do I enable the clock?
    OK, I figured out how to enable the damned clock, but everything else about the Arctic Fox menu is driving me batty. Had 316SS TC working great on the stock firmware, but can't get it working right on AF. It throttles the power WAY back. I'm flashing the stock firmware back. Maybe give this a try when I have lots of time and feel much smarter.

Reactions: KC0YNU
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread