Siren v2 vs ares

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Ali

Aug 19, 2018
Oman
hi everyone. Am very pleased with my siren v2 performance. So far it’s in my top 5 after the k5 and skyline.
I prefere a more loose Mtl/ restricted lung hits rather than a true mtl. I know that Phil and demitry are pioneers when it comes to mtl vaping, but maaan..........there are a lot of mixed reviews out there all pointing toward the siren v2 clamming that the ares mutes flavor.
Is it true?
How does it compare (draw wise) to the siren v2 and k5?
Does the 2ml version produce better flavor than the 5ml because of its shorter chimney?
I would love to have it in my arsenal but my vape gear is growing wild and my wife is about to kick me out. it’s relieving to know if am going to get thrown out with nice atty rather than a bust.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I have and like both. My Siren 2 is a 22mm version. I don't discern much difference in flavor between them. Flavor is A+ from both, though the Ares seems to be a warmer vape. Like you, I prefer an open, unrestricted MTL draw. Both my Ares and Siren 2 are wide open. I find the draw less restricted on the Siren 2, but I've read others who claim the reverse- they're very close- similar to a Kayfun 5 wide open.

While I've had no issues thus far, I'm skeptical of the durability of the Ares. I wonder how long that sliding top cap is going to hold up, and 2 users in this thread have had issues with parts of the deck shearing and falling off. If I decide to get another tank of this type, it will probably be the larger Siren 2.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have 4 Sirens and 2 Ares. Don't buy a gunmetal siren if you get one just, just trust me on this. It's like a different atomizer entirely in that metal and trust me I am clueless as to why. The black ones I own are two of my favorite RTAs.

I would say the Ares ran a close second, only my two just died this week. One I dropped and it was kinda my fault, only like what went wrong also just happened RANDOMLY with my other ares, and it's something idiotic that I haven't been able to fix, unfortunately. The insulator and one post came off the deck, and my second one that just happened when I touched it gently.

The flavor is sort of comparable although in my opinion slightly inferior to the Ares, but I think it's more of a personal taste thing.

I'll be emailing Innokin shortly and due to my preference for the Siren, well, they had a LOT less use than my sirens and my sirens are older.

Just one person's feedback I mean a lot of people liked the Ares quite a bit and I liked it too, a few days ago. LOL.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Out of the Beserker, Siren 2, and Ares my Ares is the least used, although I like all three tanks. I keep going back to the Beserker as my favorite, but it's a true MTL tank. The Ares is more slanted toward those who like looser draw. The Siren 2 is a close second to the Beserker in my book, but I've used the Kayfuns for years and like the draw and flavor of the Kayfun V2, although I admit that the above three tanks beat it in raw flavor.

I use my 24mm tanks here and there. I hope one day I'll drop the Kayfuns and go with the Beserker style atty as my number one. Small is better for pocket carry and the Beserker hasn't leaked in my pocket yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread