Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Also, and I can't say (type) this more emphatically - this is not intended in any way to challenge the moderation or agitate.

Seems silly that one of the most popular, helpful, and innocuous DIY sites is filtered.

Edit: Obviously, the above is posted with no knowledge regarding the reason for the filter, which on the surface seems silly. There may well be a good reason, just unknown to me. It's that innocent.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Also, and I can't say (type) this more emphatically - this is not intended in any way to challenge the moderation or agitate. Seems silly that one of the most popular, helpful, and innocuous DIY sites is filtered.
I agree. ELR has invaluable tools for helping new mixers like myself. Pure shame I had to find it on my own, would have saved myself a bit of grief had I found them from the beginning.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Also, and I can't say (type) this more emphatically - this is not intended in any way to challenge the moderation or agitate. Seems silly that one of the most popular, helpful, and innocuous DIY sites is filtered.

Discussion about that site is frowned upon by the mods.

You can ask a moderator, but there was a disagreement from that site at one time about ECF users posting links of some sort to that site and the solution was to disallow link references to that site.

It really doesn't concern us as users other than links to the "site that must not be named" are prohibited.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
@retired1 has posted about it in the past several times when people have asked. You could do an ECF search and maybe it will pop up.

Yeah, I have zero luck using the search engine here. Probably my fault, but I can't find anything regarding my question. Thanks, though..

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
No, other forums allow the links.

Maybe I phrased that a little Bad.

Here is what I meant to say...

"Maybe it has to do with the ECF Respecting OEM's (who may in fact be Paid Advertisers on the ECF) Intellectual Property Rights?"

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I think he means that because that recipe site is filled with clone recipes, that could cut into profits/sales from juice vendors that advertise on ECF.

Thanks for the explanation, which seems obvious now that I read it. And it makes sense, but aren't the other non-filtered sites doing the same thing?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks for the explanation, which seems obvious now that I read it. And it makes sense, but aren't the other non-filtered sites doing the same thing?
Like a dog with a bone aren't you?:D
All forums have at least a few rules. ECF has more to maintain civility and keep it true to their mission to help smokers/dippers quit thru vaping.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Like a dog with a bone aren't you?:D
All forums have at least a few rules. ECF has more to maintain civility and keep it true to their mission to help smokers/dippers quit thru vaping.

Just very curious.
:glug:

It's like a juicy piece of gossip. :)

But yeah, no matter how badly I think I need to know, probably best to let it go before this gets ugly. I'm quite sure that ECF has their reason, and I also know that it's their house and I am a guest, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread