Site Upgrade - The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Code Monkey
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
California
As you most likely noticed we have upgraded from vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 4.

We are currently at a blank slate, we will slowly add back missing features.

We are aware of the following issues:

SocialForums is missing, this means no new members into forums, no ability to create. Existing SocialForums will still work as intended and existing members will be able to use them as they normally would.

Blogs are missing, we will be implementing them back shortly.

*Insert Missing Feature Here* will be implemented as soon as we get to it.

Reasons for upgrading:

vBulletin 3 was hitting the limits, it was *slow*
Ability to have a proper search, will be implemented sometime soonish

Q / A:

Is the upgrade complete?
No, we've enabled the forums since it'll take a very long time for the full upgrade to be completed. We will be implementing features and changes within the following days.

I can not connect with Facebook?
Facebook is currently broken and won't let me do what I need to finish... please follow this thread for updates.

Where's my dark theme!
Yea... I really should get that done...

Facebook Users

Please send a private message on facebook to this this account containing your forum name, the email you wish to be associated with your account, your date of birth, and any temporary accounts that can be removed.

If you need help please join me on IRC if you are having issues logging in. Just type Alex so I will be alerted.

If you have a question and don't see an answer in this post, please reply to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex

Code Monkey
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
California
will there be a "new suppliers posts" button? would really like that as i dont want to have to go through every new post wen i just want to see what was posted in the suppliers sections. you know, like we used to have. other than that....looks good!

Yes, everything that was originally here is on the list to be implemented back.

spaky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
  • Deleted by Alex
  • Reason: Don't double post in my thread!

Alex

Code Monkey
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
California
Is there an ETA for Tapatalk use to be re-enabled? I might have a panic attack if I can't use it on my phone tomorrow!

Also, are there plans/enhancements for HTML embedding of videos from other sites not named YouTube?

Keep up the good work!

Woot for photoshop skills >.>

I've added Tapatalk back and added a shiny new forum with a blue icon >.> (why is there 2 others?) Anyway it works

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Ya know, on the scale of how upgrades for forums of this size *usually* go, so far you guys are doing great. All the basics seem to work and I'm noticing things getting layered back in.

On the My Posts subject though... I was a bit sad to see this gone as well, since I use it a lot.

But I noticed when I posted in a new thread, it showed up in My Posts.

...Does this mean all the previous threads I've posted in have been erased from My Posts, or is my previous history going to be re-instated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread