Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Does anyone really think the reviews on a vendor's website are genuine? I have done several such reviews and those that are not complimentary have never made it. Anyone with a similar experience? Even the reviews on this site are suspect because the relationship between the "reviewer" and the "reviewee" is open to question.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
I suspect most reviews on vendor sites are genuine. If they were really that awful, they'd be out of business. So, unless you're buying from a twitter account or Bonanza or somewhere weird, then you can feel pretty assured that someone somewhere really really loves their products.

Now, as to whether vendors weed out the more critical reviews, I'm sure some do. What I look for in a review is whether the flavor description tallies with the user's experience. Why? I'm fairly familiar with flavors and or tobaccos that I DO like and do not like. Other than that, the only person who can determine whether that juice is a thumbs up or a thumbs down for you, is you. I like to suggest always ordering the smallest sizes or a sampler pack first whether it be online or at a B&M store. They steep faster and you're not out a huge amount of money by buying 10 50 ml bottles on your own visual and reading impression or anyone else's. :)

Coulson

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2013
Behind you!
Does anyone really think the reviews on a vendor's website are genuine? I have done several such reviews and those that are not complimentary have never made it. Anyone with a similar experience? Even the reviews on this site are suspect because the relationship between the "reviewer" and the "reviewee" is open to question.

I think that some of the reviews on here are fishy... its like 5 guys with a dozen accounts each giving the same crap high fives. Just saying... fishy

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
This site! All The Juices

I've put my 2cents on this one a few times with juices I've given the go around on. For instance, I loved white rabbit from AIV but I couldn't stand Gambit from Five pawns*le gasp* I know. I'm weird I guess. But I wasn't afraid to say I didn't like it. Admin approved my less then avid review for it so I don't think they are going to play around and dismiss reviews on that site unless you cuss a storm or something on the review >>

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Funny...I review all the juices I like on the website but I never go in and review one that I didn't like. Guess I just don't want to offend them. Most vendors I've dealt with seem like good folks and taste is so subjective. I would literally toss highbrow tobaccos in the trash but there's a ton of people that love them.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk 2.

Coulson

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2013
Behind you!
Some vendors will weed out negative reviews... they own their own site. What can you do?

I know this one from experience. I had some comments about my juices from a well known vendor and the service was awful. I posted reviews on their site and to them directly and nothing. Never saw the light of day. I just stopped going to them. All I could do.

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Plano TX
This is a bit off-topic to vendor reviews, but certainly something I've been thinking about in regards to reviews here or on similar forums:

I'm on a perfume forum, and everything, good or bad, gets reviewed pretty honestly. The most I can say is--
even when we think there are "notes" that we think we'll love or hate, most of us try a lot of different types because sometimes something we think
that will be winner on us totally bombs, and other times something that we wouldn't really pick comes to us in a trade and it winds up
being a dark horse.

The best thing I can say about reviews-- not on vendor websites, but on youtube or on forums like these, is IF you can find a couple of juices
that you LOVE, FIND someone else who reviews who also loves those because if you get really lucky, you'll have a taste-twin or as close as you can get to one. Then you can follow their reviews and hopefully bring up your rate of success when it comes to trying new juices.

The upside to being on a place like this (though I haven't traded here, I've traded on my perfume forum) is
a.) if you don't like something, you can likely trade it making it not a total loss
and
b.) when you do trade, you'll likely get to try stuff you never would have chosen for yourself and those might blow your socks off with their awesomeness.

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
Funny...I review all the juices I like on the website but I never go in and review one that I didn't like. Guess I just don't want to offend them. Most vendors I've dealt with seem like good folks and taste is so subjective. I would literally toss highbrow tobaccos in the trash but there's a ton of people that love them.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk 2.

Me, too. I figure if I don't like it it's probably just my taste buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread