Status
Not open for further replies.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
I don't know if it's plastic or silicone, but there is a sleeve on each post to protect against
shorting. Those on mine are burnt and have rendered the Phoenix unusable. The atty is
cheap to replace, but I want to see about buying the replacement parts so I don't have to
worry if I can no longer get the Phoenix.

Does anyone know if these can be replaced, and if so, what do I need.

The part looks like it's hard to get on the post, but I'm willing to try. Do you know if this
can be done?

Thanks in advance.

imrdy85

Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Se Michigan
Mine also went meltdown.The insulating is plastic. The ground really doesnt need insulation since the casing is a ground. I pulled out all the excess melted plastic, coil and wick(positive post surprisingly came out aswell) and i wrapped it with heat shrink tubing. I dont know if its safe so try at your own risk. Had a bad taste from the first few vapes, but it faded.

P1NkY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Planet Earth
They all melt eventually. I haven't found replacements and mine look pretty burnt as well.
Shrink tubing sounds like a pretty good idea; maybe build up a couple of layers, as it's pretty thin; thanks, imrdy85!
The posts also come loose over time. Mine is pretty much close to being a write-off.
It was great for the price, though.
That's the main reason I'm in the market for a solid stainless steel rba like the IGO-S, the Madvapes Optimus or Squid rda.
Too bad none have the juice cup like the Phoenix does...

ETA: You could also try replacing the sleeves with those hollow plastic lollipop sticks or ballpoint pen ink tubes (sans ink, obviously, LOL).
Then again, they will melt just like the stock version and they might be a pretty tight fit.
I wonder if silicone tubing comes in such a small I.D. ...
If anyone else has ideas please chime in!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread