Slopping together Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenario

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Valley Park, MO
I am wondering how many experienced DIY'ers slop juice together once in a while. I have been DIY'ing for a year or so and just know what flavors play well with each other. I know appx ratios to get my nic to 5, 6, 7 mg after flavor and it is just going to be for me, I am not real concerned about a slight difference. Tonight I didn't want to deal with my recipes and just threw some things together ( RY4, dark chocolate, caramel, almond) sort of thing and it always comes out very vapeable. Just wondering if anybody else gets lazy and just throws things together and have you ended up with some very good juice?

relapse

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2014
Madisonville LA
Much like with my cooking, I'm not one to follow recipes often. I am very guilty of just slopping things together. If I like it, I will write it down, but for the most part I'm just playing around with different flavorings and seeing what I like and what they taste like together. That being said, I like the majority of the juices I make.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I am wondering how many experienced DIY'ers slop juice together once in a while. I have been DIY'ing for a year or so and just know what flavors play well with each other. I know appx ratios to get my nic to 5, 6, 7 mg after flavor and it is just going to be for me, I am not real concerned about a slight difference. Tonight I didn't want to deal with my recipes and just threw some things together ( RY4, dark chocolate, caramel, almond) sort of thing and it always comes out very vapeable. Just wondering if anybody else gets lazy and just throws things together and have you ended up with some very good juice?

Hell yeah I do that! I was going to post a thread much like this, I was going to call it "freestyling mixes". I do this often and while it sorta gets frustrating if you want that exact mix again, it really frees up creativity. However, this is not really something that can be done with too much success without already knowing what works well and at what percentages. I surely wouldn't recommend freestyling recipes without prior knowledge of the concentrates.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I do the calcs in my head. I have a 90/10 Premix at the ready. I use 3% of my 100 mg nic and close to 20% flavor. I usually whip up a 30ml bottle and use 1 ml and 5ml pipettes at the ready. Not too complex to get it near right and always a decent vape. It is thrown together but not exactly slopped together.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
What better way to learn what you like than to experiment. When I first began DIY, I tried to follow recipes and found some great help through ecf sub forums. I've been doing it a while now and I have literally become a mixing sloth. It is so darn easy to flavor unflavored nic juice. I think that is why I enjoy the Vaping Zone's Gourmet and Super Concentrated flavorings. You use drops compared to mls in a recipe. Here is a chart for pairing flavors that I found helpful.

Flavor Profiles that Pair Together in Recipes - Nouveau RawNouveau Raw

Good luck to you and happy mixtakes. (that is what I call some of my best juices)
girl_haha.gif

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
What better way to learn what you like than to experiment. When I first began DIY, I tried to follow recipes and found some great help through ecf sub forums. I've been doing it a while now and I have literally become a mixing sloth. It is so darn easy to flavor unflavored nic juice. I think that is why I enjoy the Vaping Zone's Gourmet and Super Concentrated flavorings. You use drops compared to mls in a recipe. Here is a chart for pairing flavors that I found helpful.

Flavor Profiles that Pair Together in Recipes - Nouveau RawNouveau Raw

Good luck to you and happy mixtakes. (that is what I call some of my best juices)
girl_haha.gif

Ha! I've used that site so many damned times I swear all the pairings are etched in my dome. Good call on that link.

:) on the "mixtakes." ;)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I slop stuff together all the time it's all part of the adventure. But there is something to be said for careful note taking. One of these days you may come across one of those slop together recipes that turn to gold. I'll draw up flavor in a syringe and think to myself "this should be enough" but I'll always look at the syringe hash marks and write the amount down.

Last edited:

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
I agree with Danny. And like his photo I also play guitar. Now get this. There have been times when I've been plucking at my beloved Seagull and came up with something awesome (fingerpicking style, James Tayloresque) but not having formal music education, I would need to record myself to be able to replicate it a week later. Geez the times I've done this and could never recall what I was playing or creating. Same with the e-liquid improvisations. I have probably 50 different flavors which, if you are one who can calculate this, could render millions of different combinations. So I've done the same with liquids....make something terrific that once it steeps and turns out phenomenal can't be duplicated because I didn't take any notes. Yes...improv...yes take notes. This stuff is just too fun!

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
When I get bored, I'll put some standard e-liquid into a head, and then start adding drops of other flavors to it. Shake-n-vape. Then try a little bit more, or a little bit of something else.

By the time I'm finished, it's usually a completely muddled mess. But it's a fun trip!

I used to vape off a wizard-stick, which was ideal for this kind of playing around. Too bad they clog up so easily!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I agree with Danny. And like his photo I also play guitar. Now get this. There have been times when I've been plucking at my beloved Seagull and came up with something awesome (fingerpicking style, James Tayloresque) but not having formal music education, I would need to record myself to be able to replicate it a week later. Geez the times I've done this and could never recall what I was playing or creating. Same with the e-liquid improvisations. I have probably 50 different flavors which, if you are one who can calculate this, could render millions of different combinations. So I've done the same with liquids....make something terrific that once it steeps and turns out phenomenal can't be duplicated because I didn't take any notes. Yes...improv...yes take notes. This stuff is just too fun!

James Taylor, A man after my own heart. I do a lot of taylor:)

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
I am just getting my DIY stuff together but I have slopped together liquid gold before....

I had gorilla juice from AVE... it was a little thick for my evod and protank at the time... I added in somve very thin hangsen RY4... what an amazing graham cracker bannana flavor that was... simply could not stop vaping it.

But even better... DIY flavorshacks tigersblood was too thick and all throat hit but not much flavor. Frankenvape was also too thick but great flavor and TH... I added in panty dropper from good life vapor... about one part of each... and 10% distilled water. Holy sweet baby jeesus... amazing stuff...

I am glad I was able to salvage a few juices before going live with DIY mixing... I plan on trying to replicate those flavors.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
While not yet DIY'ing my own juice, I do something similar with bought juices.

Don't laugh, but I always thought it was a bit of a waste when refilling a topper and changing juices, to just throw out the little bit at the bottom. So I pour that little bit into a bottle each time I change flavors. I call the flavor "Hodge Podge" because I never know what it will taste like when I use it, but it always seems to be good. LOL!

Going to get into DIY'ing as soon as the budget settles down from my initial vape spending, which should be in about a month or two.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I am just getting my DIY stuff together but I have slopped together liquid gold before....

I had gorilla juice from AVE... it was a little thick for my evod and protank at the time... I added in somve very thin hangsen RY4... what an amazing graham cracker bannana flavor that was... simply could not stop vaping it.

But even better... DIY flavorshacks tigersblood was too thick and all throat hit but not much flavor. Frankenvape was also too thick but great flavor and TH... I added in panty dropper from good life vapor... about one part of each... and 10% distilled water. Holy sweet baby jeesus... amazing stuff...

I am glad I was able to salvage a few juices before going live with DIY mixing... I plan on trying to replicate those flavors.

Here is a great site for some clone recipes that you might find interesting. You may already know about it, but I posted in case someone else has never heard of it.

Clone Recipes | Homemade E-juice Recipes

While not yet DIY'ing my own juice, I do something similar with bought juices.

Don't laugh, but I always thought it was a bit of a waste when refilling a topper and changing juices, to just throw out the little bit at the bottom. So I pour that little bit into a bottle each time I change flavors. I call the flavor "Hodge Podge" because I never know what it will taste like when I use it, but it always seems to be good. LOL!

Going to get into DIY'ing as soon as the budget settles down from my initial vape spending, which should be in about a month or two.

You do not need to shell out much money to get started with DIY, and it can save you a lot of money quickly. My first purchase was about $50, including equipment. But do start hoarding those left over bottles from the pre-made stuff ASAP, if you are a miser like me. They are not that expensive to buy, but free is better.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
You do not need to shell out much money to get started with DIY, and it can save you a lot of money quickly. My first purchase was about $50, including equipment. But do start hoarding those left over bottles from the pre-made stuff ASAP, if you are a miser like me. They are not that expensive to buy, but free is better.

Nothing ever beat "free". I have taken it to a whole new level. I mix up 350 mls in a washed out bottle my Honey Mustard came in. (clear bottle, not yellow) The squeeze bottle is great. I did soak it in distilled vinegar to make sure it had no left over smell to it. But that is being pretty frugal.
girl_haha.gif
And I flavor unflavored in Cracker Barrel glass syrup bottles. Love those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread