Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Which works better in your opinion? I mainly use two hole prepunched Boge cartos because I can find them cheaper then others, but I'm not entirely happy with the wicking on them. Not with higher VG juices anyway. I just bought a couple of packs of slotted Boge cartos to try. I plan on using them strictly for my higher VG juices, but will they flood with 50/50 in case I need I use them for that?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I was OK with slotted and 50/50 juice, but it was "close"...
Meaning, I'd get a HINT of overwicking... So I realized that often I'll do a little bit of an extra draw - a minipuff before firing, or releasing the power while still vaping - to ensure good juice draw, and I just stopped doing that while using the slotted carto.
Bottom line - I still haven't decided for sure whether I like them better or not - but I certainly would say it's OK to give it a try...

txcolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Plano, TX
I mainly use Smoktech 2 hole but I have some Boge slotted as well. I am using as close to 100% VG as possible here and have no problem with wicking on either. I do thin my DIY juice with 10% water. My only thing on the slotted was that when my juice level got a little below the top of the slot the draws seemed a little airy and I found myself refilling more often. Other than that they work very well for me. Wondering if anyone else has that experience.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Txcolt - I read on another thread that some cut a piece of the silicone cap that cartos come in and fit the circle over part of the slot to reduce they airy draw and over wicking with thinner juices. Worth a try. The slots will still be bigger then the holes typically are, but won't be too big this way. It's my back up plan in case the slotted cartos start over wicking with what I thought was 100% VG juice.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I love slotted... I have a big variety stashed. Every once in a while I pop in a punched and then realize why I love slotted!!! I generally use 50/50 until recently started ordering 70/30 pg/vg to see if it will increase flavor. When using punched I find I have to puff-n-prime often. Drawibg without power to keep em saturated and if I forget-boooooo :-/ I never have to do that with slotted... However, in my experience slotted are harder to 'fiddle with a thingy' (ibtanked priming method) and getting the carto primed properly. It seems to prime the bottom half well but leaves the top half needing to be dripped to get wet. So when I prime skotted I usually start with condom method then drip in the top and shake down the juice til I see the entire slot it wet. Works great!!!

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I'm getting excellent results with the slotted Boges using 50/50 to 20/80 PG/VG ratios. No flooding and excellent wicking. For thinner juices I've been getting good results with the single hole punched Boges (1 larger hole instead of 2 smaller ones).

I still use my two small hole Boges, but as soon as they are gone, won't be buying more. Sticking with slotted for most of my carto vaping, with the occasional single large hole Boge.

I use a syringe to prime them but, regardless of the method used, the slotted and 1 hole Boges are much easier to prime than the Boge F16 version 1 (the F16 ver 2 is much better when it comes to priming).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread