Pre-punched, slotted, or carto puncher?...Oh my.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBR3AK

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2012
Moosic, Pennsylvania, USA
Hey guys. I was just wondering what the easiest way is to go for a carto tank. I run 510 SS boge SR's slotted with a dremel in my regular phiniac tank. I typically vape 50/50 (PG/VG) and 100% VG. The slotting deal is starting to become a bit old. I was wondering if any of you guys can point me in the direction of a good carto puncher. If not, is pre-punched sufficient? Or am I best to keep slotting with the dremel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

JBR3AK

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2012
Why not get some laser slotted ones? I love them I vape 70%VG and no dry hits.

BOGE - LASER SLOTTED

I've tried one before a buddy had. The holes were awfully small. I can't recall the vendor, but it was a boge laser slotted. I've never since considered them. The XL's look promising in that link with a vertical slot, but I run a standard phiniac.

Last edited:

Bud Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Dallas
I've tried one before a buddy had. The holes were awfully small. I can't recall the vendor, but it was a boge laser slotted. I've never since considered them. The XL's look promising in that link with a vertical slot, but I run a standard phiniac.

I'm running standard 35mm 3.0 Ohm slotted and they work well for me each one lasts a week+.

Boge 510 SR Stainless (Laser Slotted) - (1 box)

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Hey guys. I was just wondering what the easiest way is to go for a carto tank. I run 510 SS boge SR's slotted with a dremel in my regular phiniac tank. I typically vape 50/50 (PG/VG) and 100% VG. The slotting deal is starting to become a bit old. I was wondering if any of you guys can point me in the direction of a good carto puncher. If not, is pre-punched sufficient? Or am I best to keep slotting with the dremel?

+1 on the recommendations for the slotted Boges. They have been working great for me, and come in standard and XL length. Surevapes carries both sizes in SR and LR. They don't have holes -- they have vertical slots.

But, if you want to punch your own, the best tool I've found is the Supco BPV31. It's meant for HVAC work to tap refrigeration lines, but it's wonderful to use as a carto punch. Little to no deformation of the casing and simple to use. The link below is for Amazon, but check around -- can often get them for less on eBay or an HVAC dealer. Should be able to pick one up for about $4'ish.

Line Tap Valve by Sealed Unit Parts Co., Inc.: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

JBR3AK

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2012
I'm running standard 35mm 3.0 Ohm slotted and they work well for me each one lasts a week+.

Boge 510 SR Stainless (Laser Slotted) - (1 box)

Dang.. How'd I miss the vertical slot in the regular boges on that site?? Lol. Anyway, thanks for the input fellas. I'm an automechanic and the best tool I have is a brake line bender. Is that the best price going for those boges? I use to get my non-slotted boges for $5.00. I guess the extra buck fifty per box is worth the labor I don't have to do... For once. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread