Small issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Utah
Okay so I decided to go with the BB, Silver Bullet or Omega, still deciding on this.

Here is what my problem is, I been using my ego c 1000mah and it has been kicking some ase.

I plan on running the BB, SB or Omega at 3.7 but I worry its not going to give me the vape I'm getting from
my ego.

I wish I could just try one out to see before buying....

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
It's all electricity my friend. No matter WHAT device, it comes down to sending electricity to a heating coil that vapes the oil on top of it.

All properly working devices will do this. So it comes down to what kind of resistance you use and whether your device produces enough voltage to give you the proper heating of the coil you use. Truth be told, you can have a great VAPOR experience on every properly working device. The only true differences are style/size, build quality, battery life, and functions that can help the ease of use.

An ego is one of the more simple yet highly effective ways in doing so. Other more advanced devices work just as good, they just have more bells and whistles.

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Mostly I worry about the eGo not being reliable.
Have not had a problem with one yet and I own two of them.

I'm running a 510 low resistance Cartomizer with a J-tank & thats also what I would run on one of the mods I listed.

Is there any mods the size of the eGo but made just a little more robust.

Most people find their egos pretty reliable. Eventually the battery IS going to accumulate cell death to the point it becomes unusable but that's the same with any battery. (In fact, the same people who make 90% of the world's rechargeable batteries are the same people who make these egos)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the EGO style batts are usually rated for 300 charges, so to be safe say 250, so buy a few - even diff brand (I have joyetech,vision,kgo in the EGO style batt to play with) some can be had for as low as 12-15 bucks and you have the bigger ones so you only use one battery a day then charge it and you rotate them and say you get 200 uses out of each one you should have a coupe batteries well after a year as long as you dont damage them.

or go a little bigger and get like the ego t mod with changeable batt or bolt or something similar while still kinda cheap, just use the low res heads and it will power the vape fine.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
True on that, maybe I will just buy another eGo, maybe try me out a twist.

The C upgrade has been so good to me, I love how it tells me the battery is getting low
by the way the button changes color.

This is a pretty good device that you may want to try........http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...4500-vv-e-cigarette-free-cigs-com-review.html

Gives you VV in a small package, a battery indicator and swappable batteries. goes from 3 to 6 volts. Battery life isn't great on my setup (running an RBA) though so you would need 2-4 14500 batteries depending on how much you vape.

Advantage over twist/spinner is 1) replaceable batteries, 2) good screen 3) consistent voltage. I prefer it greatly over my 1300mah spinner.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Wait ... you haven't tried a Twist? Oh man, you'd probably fall in love with the ego-style all over again. Any VV device really.

Really it just comes down to taste. I like the egos because I like the smaller profile (shape and size). They're relatively cheap and reliable so I've never needed to switch. And believe me, I've been looking. I just haven't found a device that will elevate my vaping experience significantly more than a twist like device.

VV? I got that with the Twist and it was DEFINITELY a life changer
VW? I can vape to taste with a twist in seconds.
Ohm meter? I have a $5 multimeter if I care that much.
Battery meter? I carry a spare ego
Replaceable Battery? Doesn't really bother me when I have spares
Build Quality? I'm pretty careful with my devices and have experience dealing with volatile batteries
Look? I prefer the slimmer profile

As you can see, I'm finding it hard to come up with reasons to buy new hardware. There's a lot of bells and whistles out there, but virtually none of them seem like they would change my vaping experience in any big way. Now that's just me, others could have a completely different opinion. But I'm not going to buy new devices just because they're the "latest and greatest" or because all the "cool" kids have them.

For me, the bottom line is the vaping experience ... nothing else. So you really have to ask yourself "What experience am I looking for?".

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There are lots of choices out there to try. Personally, since I bought the Provari I haven't touched my eGo in six months. eGo products are reliable and well made. The Twist is reported to have an issue with supplying full voltage to a 1.5 ohm atomizer, since its current rating won't supply enough, but that's not an issue. You can get full voltage on a 2 ohm or higher coil.

Variable voltage lets you dial in the voltage in tenth of a volt increments. That's not even necessary, although you can tell a difference with a tenth of a volt change. What matters is that you are able to get the vape you want from the voltage and atomizer resistance you choose. Past that, it's just bells and whistles. There's a lot of junk out there and you want something that is physically well made. Some tube mods will dent if you drop them. Others are made from aluminum. Stainless steel is your best choice.

Choose something that gets high ratings, is built well, and is designed to last. You can spend a lot of money on poorly designed ecigs when one purchase will last you for years if you buy the right one.

This is a good database that has review ratings and an explanation of the features and specs for each one. Click on "browse by features" and you can select what you want and be rewarded with a list of ecig mods that posses those attributes. A single battery mod is the safest design. Explosions almost always occur with stacked batteries when the user inserts a fully charged battery along with a partially charged one. Reverse charging occurs between the two and heat buildup results in thermal runaway. IMR is safer than Li-ion because IMR can withstand high heat without breaking down. You will get slightly longer charge life from Li-ion, but safety is more important.

Best e-Cig Mod List | e-Cig Mods Database

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Gonna go pick me up a twist in a few minutes, guess I best try that sucker out..

Black battery sounds good this time.

you really cant go wrong with it even if you move on its nice as a back up........... now vision just came out with a twist version called the spinner - 1300mah. I like it a little better then the twist.

catoliver

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2012
South Carolina
True on that, maybe I will just buy another eGo, maybe try me out a twist.

The C upgrade has been so good to me, I love how it tells me the battery is getting low
by the way the button changes color.

I LOVE my eGo c upgrade, too! Both of them. I did recently purchase a Vision Spinner 1300 mah and I am in love with that one too!

This place has super fast shipping and EVERYTHING ships for $1.99

Vision Spinner Variable Voltage eGo 1300mAh Battery,Joytec Twist,Twist Battery,Spinner Black-Steel-Blue-Pink

I got the blue. It's a little thicker than my eGo C but it feels more solid, if that makes any sense. LOL!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I LOVE my eGo c upgrade, too! Both of them. I did recently purchase a Vision Spinner 1300 mah and I am in love with that one too!

This place has super fast shipping and EVERYTHING ships for $1.99

Vision Spinner Variable Voltage eGo 1300mAh Battery,Joytec Twist,Twist Battery,Spinner Black-Steel-Blue-Pink

I got the blue. It's a little thicker than my eGo C but it feels more solid, if that makes any sense. LOL!

i agree, something about it feels better to me, maybe cause its a little shorter and fatter then the twist, dunno but I like the way it feels in my hand better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread