Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
stop right now.
write down every thing you can think of concerning this mater and others in the past
or present.
date them as best as possible.
make a copy for your boss.
make a meeting with your boss.
explain the situation.
give him the copy.
inform him you consider what has gone on as a hostile work environment and,
it must stop or you will take appropriate legal action through the proper
government agencies.
:2c:
regards
mike

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Thanks everyone for your support. I took it like a man and simply stopped. I wrap my vape stuff in a plastic bag now to avoid any issues.

Lousy experience and I don't wish it on anyone. Vape on my friends! If you can vape freely at work, count your lucky stars! Now that I only drip (Mutation X @ 1.8 ohms atm), I could create a cloudy atmosphere in the entire office. So, maybe it's a good thing that I can't :)

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
stop right now.
write down every thing you can think of concerning this mater and others in the past
or present.
date them as best as possible.
make a copy for your boss.
make a meeting with your boss.
explain the situation.
give him the copy.
inform him you consider what has gone on as a hostile work environment and,
it must stop or you will take appropriate legal action through the proper
government agencies.

:2c:
regards
mike

Never take action based on "legal advice" from strangers on message boards. And never threaten legal action unless you have a lawyer lined up to take the case. There is no law against maintaining a hostile work environment per se and complaining to government agencies won't accomplish a thing. In an employment at will relationship, maintaining a hostile work environment is not legally actionable unless it can be tied to discrimination based on race, sex, religion, age, disability, or some other protected category established by state or federal statute.

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Never take action based on "legal advice" from strangers on message boards. And never threaten legal action unless you have a lawyer lined up to take the case. There is no law against maintaining a hostile work environment per se and complaining to government agencies won't accomplish a thing. In an employment at will relationship, maintaining a hostile work environment is not legally actionable unless it can be tied to discrimination based on race, sex, religion, age, disability, or some other protected category established by state or federal statute.

That's what she was threatening ME with. I was said to be creating a hostile work environment for her because I wasn't talking to her anymore.

This is good to know though. Thank you. She had no recourse.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Wow so sorry you have had this going on:unsure: Where I used to work people like her were called *toxic employees* and let go once they became unmanageable. On the flip side you may want to try and find something else to do for a job - sometimes the employers like the drama and/or do nothing about it:( I wish you luck and,

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
That's what she was threatening ME with. I was said to be creating a hostile work environment for her because I wasn't talking to her anymore.

This is good to know though. Thank you. She had no recourse.

I understand that. I was replying to the post which suggested that YOU should threaten to complain to some governmental agency. Her "recourse" is to continue being a royal pain in the gluteus maximus.

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
I understand that. I was replying to the post which suggested that YOU should threaten to complain to some governmental agency. Her "recourse" is to continue being a royal pain in the gluteus maximus.

Gotcha. Some people respond without reading everything and was just clarifying the events that went down.

Anyway, she has been out all week and I've had the office to myself. It's been a glorious time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread