SMALLER tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
You might consider a bottom feeder mod and atty......

My Smokeless Owl with a Hobo3 dripper on it, gives me 10ml of juice. whole setup about the size of a 100's pack of smokes or 10 year old cell phone.. It leaks no more than my Kayfuns ever did. Not that my Kayfuns leak much.. Only leaking I got from the Tank was do to atmospheric pressure changes, ie going from cold to hot or changes of altitude. And even then the leaks are preventable, by simply flipping the mod upside down for a minute. The only time I get leakage from the Squonker is when I over squonk..... The Hobo will hold almost a ML. I fill the juice well with cotton, to hold the juice in the atty, But I'm wicking silica.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
You might consider a bottom feeder mod and atty......

My Smokeless Owl with a Hobo3 dripper on it, gives me 10ml of juice. whole setup about the size of a 100's pack of smokes or 10 year old cell phone.. It leaks no more than my Kayfuns ever did. Not that my Kayfuns leak much.. Only leaking I got from the Tank was do to atmospheric pressure changes, ie going from cold to hot or changes of altitude. And even then the leaks are preventable, by simply flipping the mod upside down for a minute. The only time I get leakage from the Squonker is when I over squonk..... The Hobo will hold almost a ML. I fill the juice well with cotton, to hold the juice in the atty, But I'm wicking silica.

That is surprising you would put cotton in the juice well and use silica for the wick. Most people report that cotton wicks offer better flavor.

The only benefit to silica wicking is the silica won't burn and cotton will.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
That is surprising you would put cotton in the juice well and use silica for the wick. Most people report that cotton wicks offer better flavor.

The only benefit to silica wicking is the silica won't burn and cotton will.

Cotton is cheaper and easier to build with, for me. When working properly I can not tell the difference flavor wise.

I use cotton in the well to HOLD the juice in the well and prevent leakage.

With silica you only taste the juice never the wick, even if you dry hit it.. With cotton if you get a dry hit you burn the cotton, once burnt that burnt taste does not go away, you have to rewick.. With the silica you just squonk. and when the coil get real gunky, you dry burn and rinse, then vape. With cotton you remove old wick dry burn crinse and then rewick. Cottn I change the wick 1-2x a day, with Silica, the wick I have has been in for 10 days, but I still have to dryburn it everyday, to clear the gunk, my NET juice leaves behind

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Most people report that cotton wicks offer better flavor.

I also, have a habit of doing the exact opposite of what "Most People" do. Most people are IDIOTs, why would I do as they do?
Most people think you have to do high wattage subohm or TC or some fancy build for a good vape. You might need that to win a cloud competition. Yet I prefer to vape at 1ohm or more, Mostly in the 1.3-1.8 range on a simple single coil. About as fancy as I get is twisted wire. Heck I have never Bought any wire heavier than 28awg. Although I have had a couple BM shop builds done using heavier gauges, when I was thinking I needed subohm.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Cotton is cheaper and easier to build with, for me. When working properly I can not tell the difference flavor wise.

I use cotton in the well to HOLD the juice in the well and prevent leakage.

With silica you only taste the juice never the wick, even if you dry hit it.. With cotton if you get a dry hit you burn the cotton, once burnt that burnt taste does not go away, you have to rewick.. With the silica you just squonk. and when the coil get real gunky, you dry burn and rinse, then vape. With cotton you remove old wick dry burn crinse and then rewick. Cottn I change the wick 1-2x a day, with Silica, the wick I have has been in for 10 days, but I still have to dryburn it everyday, to clear the gunk, my NET juice leaves behind

I think the cotton has better flavor than silica.

I have ca frienc Cindy that has vaped the silica wicks in the CE4, the GSH2 and Kanger tanks.

I really recommended the Subtank. She tried it and her reaction was ,"My God I can actually taste the juice." But she went back to the other tanks because she could not stand the airiness of the Subtank.

I will agree with you once the cotton gets scorched it tastes aweful until the wick is removed

Asolo tried to do taste Control with Kanthal and it sorta worked to prevent burning the cotton.

In a recent vid by Twisted 420 hevwas reviewing the apex Isub by Innokin and he said Innokin was trying to do taste Control on Kanthal.

When mods gets smart enough to detect a drying cotton wick; the days of dry hits on cotton may be over.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I also, have a habit of doing the exact opposite of what "Most People" do. Most people are IDIOTs, why would I do as they do?
Most people think you have to do high wattage subohm or TC or some fancy build for a good vape. You might need that to win a cloud competition. Yet I prefer to vape at 1ohm or more, Mostly in the 1.3-1.8 range on a simple single coil. About as fancy as I get is twisted wire. Heck I have never Bought any wire heavier than 28awg. Although I have had a couple BM shop builds done using heavier gauges, when I was thinking I needed subohm.

You're a lot like me. VAPE WHERE YOU LIKE AND WHO CARES WHAT OTHERS THINK.

I vape at .8-1 ohm and use 15-17.5 watts, and what's even worse almost unthinkable. Actually prefer a single coil to dual coils

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
VAPE WHERE YOU LIKE AND WHO CARES WHAT OTHERS THINK.

How I like, maybe... But not really so much the where........ I pretty much limit vaping to where and when I would smoke a cigarette. Although I do vape in the house, where I did NOT smoke. Even worse, I see Vaping as a FORM of smoking.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
How I like, maybe... But not really so much the where........ I pretty much limit vaping to where and when I would smoke a cigarette. Although I do vape in the house, where I did NOT smoke. Even worse, I see Vaping as a FORM of smoking.

When I said where. I was talking about wattage and ohms not a particular place.

There are about 7000 chemicals in smoking a cigarette. And only a handful of chemicals in ejuice. VG PG nicotine and flavorings and possibly a sweetener. I would not call that smoking or compare it to smoking.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Similar philosophies...
1- i already have my squonk on! Lol. This tank is for me to play with a small regulated box - for a change of pace! I don't expect it to take the place of my all-day Reo - that's what one reason I'm not concerned with a small capaciity!

2- It's clear different people like different setups, and there are a lot of pointless arguments! Me, my regular vape is:
- very light Shiseido wispy wick (i just aquonk often lol)
- usually around 0.5 ohms (on a mech)
- lung hit, but not TOO airy...
- sometimes 1 coil, sometimes 2. I don't like a slow heatup, so i keep it to pretty simple wraps. Plus i suck with mounting coils - i can F up a simple build...

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, not sure why this turned into a wick material argument, and definitely off topic.

Train, how about the SquapeR? Pretty versatile on draw from tight to lung hit, but not real airy. Easy to build. The clones are under $30. There's an authentic in the classys right now for a bit of savings.

I don't know why I'm getting these lines!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yeah, not sure why this turned into a wick material argument, and definitely off topic.

Train, how about the SquapeR? Pretty versatile on draw from tight to lung hit, but not real airy. Easy to build. The clones are under $30. There's an authentic in the classys right now for a bit of savings.

I don't know why I'm getting these lines!

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread