SMD switch test mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
I recently found a great deal on some quality smd push button switches I couldn't turn down. This was just a simple quick ugly test mod to see how they performed. They are just great if space is an issue because they take up almost no room. I like the feel of them, reminds me of an ego push button. Now I know I like them I can make something that looks good.

09_zps8666eed3.jpg

015_zps127d5409.jpg

012_zps7a7ada25.jpg

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
I would give it a good work out and maybe try a low ohm coil, because I don't believe switches like that are typically designed for very much current.

Been vaping off it all week, works great. Been using them on my flash circuit welders as well. Haven't noticed anything wrong with performance yet.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Using tact (or under rated) switches on their own is a time honored tradition on these forums from the bygone era. :)

The 'well it works fine' is the oft repeated mantra.

These were often claimed to work just fine also.
pRS1C-2160455w345.jpg

SPST 0.5-Amp Momentary Switch (2-Pack) : Momentary Switches | RadioShack.com

I'm a frugal guy, but anyway you cut it a switch that cost < 2¢ is not on my list.

I thought it was interesting when someone posted a pic of the 26650 Bombshell's switch.

5WrKU8I.jpg

:facepalm:

fail-1.jpg

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Word. Talk about a let down. 26mm round and ~8mm deep and mostly filled with plastic.

To be fair the OP's mod is to 'test' the switches and has lots of failsafes built in. If time is of the essence and there is not enough to yank the battery out, simply throwing it down on the ground there is no way the battery stays in there. Also note the ripcord effect the wiring provides. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread