Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Looks like Smoant is getting into the squonk market. Dual battery (I assume it’s 18650, but not sure) and an interesting take on the bottle. It’s a pump system that holds 7ml. I’m curious to see if it will allow juice to flow back into the bottle, or if it’s a one-way trip like the Asmodus pump squonkers.

Expected release is first week of December.

Some screen shots below from a Smoant Imgur post that show the bottle/pump system. Link for the full album is:

battle1.JPG
battle2.JPG

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Looks like Smoant is getting into the squonk market. Dual battery (I assume it’s 18650, but not sure) and an interesting take on the bottle. It’s a pump system that holds 7ml. I’m curious to see if it will allow juice to flow back into the bottle, or if it’s a one-way trip like the Asmodus pump squonkers.

Some screen shots below from a Smoant Imgur post that show the bottle/pump system. Link for the full album is:

View attachment 781433 View attachment 781435

The pictures don't show much, but ergonomics don't look to be well thought out with the pump button and fire button, which we can't see, but is nowhere near it obviously.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada

View attachment 781433 View attachment 781435

Not a fan, but happy to see more companies coming out with dual battery squonk devices

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That hard plastic juice bottle thingy looks like a giant pod. Can't see how it would provide for any "return suction" after pressing the perfume atomizer button, but actual information will reveal all. Still nice to see attempts at innovation taking place even if appearing a bit misguided. Hope I'm wrong.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That hard plastic (1)juice bottle thingy looks like a giant pod. Can't see how it would provide for any (2)"return suction" after pressing the perfume atomizer button, but actual information will reveal all. Still nice to see attempts at innovation taking place even if appearing a bit misguided. Hope I'm wrong.
(1)It indeed is, a giant pod i.e. Is refillable from the bottom, which is rubber plugged. And (2)the return suction is just fine - the thing doesn't over flood the RDA. It actually is a pretty neat device ~ my review is coming soon.

Battlestar Squonker Highlights:
  • Innovative push button squonk feature
  • Easy, no-over squonking pump
  • Ergonomic design (not much bigger than the Battlestar 200W)
  • Full suite of modes: VW/VV/Power Curve/TC(NI/TI/SS/TCR)
  • Easy-refill bottle
  • Bottle holds 7mL of eliquid
  • Includes 2 bottles
  • Includes the new Battlestar RDA
  • Easy-to-build deck
  • Two-post, 4-terminals
  • 810 Resin drip tip
Smoant Battlestar Squonker.jpg

Smoant Battlestar Squonker Colors.jpg

Last edited:

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
That hard plastic juice bottle thingy looks like a giant pod. Can't see how it would provide for any "return suction" after pressing the perfume atomizer button, but actual information will reveal all. Still nice to see attempts at innovation taking place even if appearing a bit misguided. Hope I'm wrong.
Perfume atomizer button, love it!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Being a Smoant fanboy and a recent Squonk convert this is right on time. Pending Qorax’s seal of approval as well as a few other reviewers I trust, this will be a must buy. Haven’t searched for the new battlestar rda. Is there information about it’s deck readily available or does anyone have a scoop on its design? Smoant’s mods are some of my favorites but their toppers are sleepers in the vape game. They deserve much more love and publicity then they get. Usually pretty solid offerings all the way around. Hopefully they won’t be for sale immediately so that my finances have a chance to recoup after all the Christmas gifts and vape sales that have been reeking havoc on my bottom line.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Being a Smoant fanboy and a recent Squonk convert this is right on time. Pending Qorax’s seal of approval as well as a few other reviewers I trust, this will be a must buy. Haven’t searched for the new battlestar rda. Is there information about it’s deck readily available or does anyone have a scoop on its design? Smoant’s mods are some of my favorites but their toppers are sleepers in the vape game. They deserve much more love and publicity then they get. Usually pretty solid offerings all the way around. Hopefully they won’t be for sale immediately so that my finances have a chance to recoup after all the Christmas gifts and vape sales that have been reeking havoc on my bottom line.
Releasing Dec-25th with two colors (black and yellow). Rest colors by early Jan-2019. On Dec-20th a promotion 'only' for Reddit (ECR) brings the full kit for $64.99 (MRP $89.99) including DHL shipping.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm a definite Smoant fan, and was excited when I saw this thread. Not so excited when I saw the button pump mechanism though. This looks like a similar fill system to the Revenant Delta squonk?

I like the look of the mod itself. I can understand why then went with something like this. It probably allowed them to make a (rather) smaller dual battery device since they have a tank as part of the door that holds the liquid.

I'm somebody who 'sometimes' will avoid a squonk device because of proprietary bottles. This is a completely new thing (to me), not sure I'm comfortable with it yet.

I'm interested to see what folks think about it though. I will be waiting for reviews and maybe give it a few months to see if the pump mechanism leaks, fails on folks, etc. If it sounds good at that point, I'm all in.

I'll bet the mod and chip itself is great, just going to wait a bit since this whole pump situation is new to me.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I will be waiting for reviews and maybe give it a few months to see if the pump mechanism leaks, fails on folks, etc. If it sounds good at that point, I'm all in.
It's been a week plus of use - and no issues at all. The toggle has a definitive press - so, accidental squonking is a non-issue, plus when needed it has a good tactile feedback.

Two bottle pods are included in the package, as well as packs of 2 or 4 will be readily available, which are likely to be non-expensive as well.

Overall it is a very nice device.

Smoant Battlestar Squonker Tank.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If the bottle and electronics work well I think this will be a winner. It’s very space efficient and I really like the idea of portable swappable tanks. I just bought that vtx200 dna250c squonker though so my vape budget is gone for the next several months. I’m worried about the bottle on that one too though.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
It's been a week plus of use - and no issues at all. The toggle has a definitive press - so, accidental squonking is a non-issue, plus when needed it has a good tactile feedback.

Two bottle pods are included in the package, as well as packs of 2 or 4 will be readily available, which are likely to be non-expensive as well.

Overall it is a very nice device.

View attachment 786873
i dislike my gbox cause of battery n squonk bottle in one piece, each refill battery will drop off.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Remember the Kanger perfume bottle?

View attachment 787007

Still have mine. Granted, it mainly sits on the shelf, but I don't intend to ever get rid of it since it looks so weird. They are still being sold -- got an email from 8vape today with the Drip-EZ for $19.99.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Well, the Reddit promo is now active and I just could not resist, so a yellow one is coming my way. Expected to ship 12/25 via DHL. Hopefully it won't end up sitting next to the Drip-EZ on the shelf.....
Preorder Details:
  • DISCOUNT CODE IS ACTIVE NOW!!
  • The code will reduce the price to $64.99
  • DHL shipping to USA, Canada, France, Germany, and Australia is included in the price
  • Shipping times should be 4-6 days after release
  • All colors are available for preorder. Black and Yellow ship on the 25th of December. Gunmetal and Gradient Blue will not ship until January 8.
  • Limited to 100 pieces and one discounted kit per order, per customer
  • Coupon code will be active from Dec 20 to Dec 31 or untill all 100 kits are gone
  • And the discount code: smoantreddit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread