The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok 22 Pend

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by TonyL1, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TonyL1

TonyL1 Full Member

Jan 6, 2019
    South Carolina, USA
    I purchased a few of these in October, I’m not a huge vaper, how long can I expect these to last?

2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The mod, the built-in battery, or the coils?

The mod's battery is just an internal 1650 mAh lipo battery. Since it will be firing a sub-ohm coil, the charge will probably last between 4 - 8 hours before needing a charge, depending upon how frequently you use it. Lifetime expectancy up to two years, or less. And of course, being a non-replaceable battery, the entire device becomes a paper weight when the battery dies of old age.

No idea on the coils, but many of the SMOK coils have the reputation for a short life expectancy. A few days to a week.

The mod? It's a SMOK. A week, a month, 6 months at best. SMOK mods don't have the best reputation on this forum for longivity. Good thing you bought a FEW of them.

3. MrsWood

MrsWood Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2018
    Well said. It being Smok you probably have roughly 3 to 6 months but as it was just pointed out could be a week, you never know. Smok quality is fairly :censored: And some weeks they have decent product while other weeks are return after return due to defective mods. Coil life truly depends on how frequently you use the device and what type of juice you’re using. A highly sweet juice 3-5 days a lightly sweet juice a week to a week and a half. On Smok coils anywhere from 1 day to a week and a half max. Depending on how quality control was when those coils were made and shipped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TonyL1

TonyL1 Full Member

Jan 6, 2019
    South Carolina, USA
    Thanks for the replies, I was referring to the operational life of the unit

5. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    @Baditude ’s reply still applies. Which part? A coil in general lasts anywhere from 3 days to a month depending on various factors. The mod maybe a year before the internal battery goes unless it dies due to electronics fault. The atty should be good for a long time, though eventually the rubber bits will need to be replaced. This, again, is variable.

The problem with SMOK products is they have horrible quality control issues. Half soldered parts, fraying wires, under or noninsulated connections, etc.. as a result they are way more subject to breakage than other brands. It’s not uncommon for a SMOK device to last as little as 3 weeks. Sometimes they go for years though. It’s luck of the draw. Around here most people’s solution to this is simply to not buy SMOK brand products.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TonyL1

TonyL1 Full Member

Jan 6, 2019
    South Carolina, USA
    Battery life is where I was going, I understand coil life is subjective...I’ve heard Smok had some issues with their pens

7. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    One day beyond warranty period.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The smok 22 pen is a DL device with a 1650ma battery. As such the awnser is not very long. It’s got about half the power of a standard single battery, and it’s doing DL, which usually requires double battery mods. I wouldn’t be surprised if a person went through 4 or 5 batteries in a day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TonyL1

TonyL1 Full Member

Jan 6, 2019
    South Carolina, USA
    So it will probably die completely soon

10. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Theres just no telling. SMOK doesn’t have bad engineering, it’s got bad manufacturing. You might have gotten lucky and got a solid unit. Batteries are usually good for at least 300 recharges before they start losing capacity. As such it WILL eventually die though simply because the battery wears out. Given that it’s a SMOK device and it charges through MicroUSB2 which is a notoriously fragile port type, it will likely break before then.

My advice is to get a more substantial mod if you are likely to become a long time vaper.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TonyL1

TonyL1 Full Member

Jan 6, 2019
    South Carolina, USA
    I picked up a couple of regulated Kits, but I got the 22’s cheap, and I really like them. Still playing around with different devices

12. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Like I said there’s nothing wrong with their engineering. If you like em you like em. Use until they break. Just understand that at least some of them eventually will.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    What warranty? Oh, you mean the one that SMOK refuses to recognize?

[​IMG]

"We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break? You buy another." -- SMOK motto.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TonyL1

TonyL1 Full Member

Jan 6, 2019
    South Carolina, USA
    I know they’re inexpensive, but I really like the flavor I get from these pens (sorry I effed up the title of the thread

I take good care of stuff, so maybe I can extend the life of these

15. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Things to consider: don’t drop them, don’t charge them unattended, and if they start behaving oddly suspect the electronics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.