SMOK AL85 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
ExtremeDooty, Vaporesso make some good products. I got a Switcher after a horrible experience with a SMOK Procolour, the SMOK just burnt through coils as fast as you could install them.

Started to use GT CCell coils, nice clean vape and last for a decent amount of time, upgraded from the NRG tank to Cascade due to larger capacity. Also found it to give good flavour, when it didn't leak.

Recently picked up a Luxe with 8ml Skrr tank and so far enjoying it, apart from GT CCell's don't seem to work well with Bad Drip liquid. Gunked up the coils and gave a lovely acrid burnt taste to the vape experience. Note to self, do not buy or use Bad Drip with GT CCell's.

I just mentioned Smoant as an alternative as they are reliable and have a following, due to how they perform. Plus they're cheaper than a lot of other brands, so you can get a lot for your money.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
2s4kx8.jpg

Google Teardown and failure analysis of a SMOK aL85, it's not good news for you kajlo. As it's definitely looking as though you'll have to replace your mod due to it having a production fault.

How long have you had it for? As you may be able to contact your seller or retailer for a refund.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The ah, mod manufacturer is Chinese. Good luck on that "designed to fail' clause because IMHO as always, Smok does that on PURPOSE. That way all the cloud chasing folks who buy Smok mods can get the newest, greatest Smok release and be the envy of all their peers.

I am going to gently suggest another mod, maybe something like a Geeekvape Legend, they are extremely hard to kill, and Geekvape SUPPORTS their products there is a supplier person here on ECF and they are VERY responsive and (to the best of my knowledge) actually warranted products past their sell by date if something goes wrong.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread