Smok Alien version A

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I just bought this alien mod and after 26 puffs it says OHMS TOO LOW..
Tried reinstalling the batteries, replaced the coil in the baby Beast tank but still get the ohms too low message.. it even says ohms too low with no Atty screwed on the top.. anybody else had this problem? I appreciate your input thanks
bb0ca11b1e757b8c4daacdad519774e8.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Change the coil....... if rba fix coil. Ohms low tells you there is problem with coil.... my guess it's shorting when heated up goes too low. Could be loose connection.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Man it even says ohms too low without an atomizer attached.. I'm going to have to take it apart see what's going on

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
How long have you had it because it should have some sort of guarantee. The first alien I had lasted a a week the second one about 11 weeks and the one I have now just over 5 months and counting I just took my ones back to the shop and they replaced them.
Well I went ahead and took the mod apart.... Apparently the 510 pin slipped off the spring so I recenteted it and it's working fine now.. appreciate your reply

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Well I went ahead and took the mod apart.... Apparently the 510 pin slipped off the spring so I recenteted it and it's working fine now.. appreciate your reply

Thanks for the useful information should I have the same issue! Brings to mind a couple other possibilities that might be helpful:

1. Might it have "self corrected" with some quick depressions of the 510 pin or did the spring completely disengage from the pin?

2. Is it possible to slightly stretch the spring providing a little more tension on the pin to keep it from doing the same thing again?

Reactions: stols001

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Thanks for the useful information should I have the same issue! Brings to mind a couple other possibilities that might be helpful:

1. Might it have "self corrected" with some quick depressions of the 510 pin or did the spring completely disengage from the pin?

2. Is it possible to slightly stretch the spring providing a little more tension on the pin to keep it from doing the same thing again?
After removing the 4 Torx screws I gently pushed the insulator out of the way for access to the rivet type 510 pin seen here.. there are three little catches that engaged the spring that came loose... All I did was re-center the 510 pin on the spring and made sure the catches were engaged holding the 510 in it's proper place.. and Walla! I've got a hundred sixty five puffs on it now and it fires every time without the ohms too low error code.. easy peasy

76336a47dc1c4c1ffb9a0623f1efefa4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread