Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Had the smok Infinix for about 2 weeks now and thought I’d share my thoughts. Feel free to contribute your own opinions about the Infinix as well.

IMG_2198.JPG

The Infinix hits exceptionally smooth and puts out a good amount of vapor for a pod device. I have not gotten a single dry cotton hit and I’ve been using it for over 2 weeks (not exclusively though). Dry cotton hits is by far the most common complaint on Reddit regarding pod devices from Suorin. Good job, smok! The life span of the Infinix pods has been impressive and that is a big deal since replacement pods are a recurring cost. I’m currently at 10 refills on my first pod and it still gives good flavor. If I am picky about the flavor, I often end up replacing pods from other manufacturers after half as many refills. Some manufacturers have made changes to their pods (I made a post about changes from Suorin) so hopefully other manufacturers will catch up.

IMG_2193.JPG

The 250 mAh battery has a slightly larger capacity than the Juul (200 mAh) but less than the Myblu (350 mAh) and Suorin Drop (300 mAh) and Air (400 mAh). The output varies from 10-16 W, depending on the battery charge. The white LED activates every time that you vape but unfortunately the only indicator of battery charge is when the voltage is less than 3.3 V. Then it flash 15 times. Not nearly as helpful as the color changes on the Juul and many others. I try to charge whenever I start noticing a drop in power or before I go out. If you are on a break and it shuts off that would be a downer so you may want to buy 2 devices and rotate the batteries.

IMG_2179.JPG

The pods hold 2 ml which seems common… maybe the reason that 2ml is so common is regulation in other countries. The pods fit well and two magnets hold the pod extra secure. So I’ve never had to fiddle with the connection like I do with the Juul. The fill hole is tiny but a needle tip bottle is included with the kit. The wicking material is cotton like most of the pods from other manufacturers except the Juul (and a couple others) which uses a silica wick. The coil is 1.4 ohms. You can see the coil and cotton through the air intake on the bottom of the devices as well as through the chimney.

coil.jpg

A little bit of vapor makes it through the air opening on the bottom. This also happens with the Juul but maybe a little less. As part of maintenance, just swab it out with a q-tip after a couple days. I haven’t noticed any leaking at all. A reviewer claimed that he had some leaking but I strongly suspect that he made a mess when filling it and didn’t clean it up before connecting the pod to the battery.

Spatter and spit back are issues since the chimney is a straight shot to the opening. All of these devices collect some vapor droplets over time. On the Aspire Breeze, you can just remove the drip tip and wash it out. It can be trickier to clean pods. Juul minimizes spit back by using cotton to absorb it. Also, the openings are offset from the chimney on the Juul.

IMG_2180.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

arrow points to the cotton that absorbs residual vapor to minimize spit back

Spatter and spit back will also happen on other devices also. It is manageable but I think Smok should have done more to minimize it. I take the pod out and blow into it to clear the chimney before I start vaping. Then I don’t have any problems.

I’m not sure of the exact weight but I don’t notice any differenc between the Infinix and the Juul in a pocket. I don’t really have a preference when it comes to the shape of the Infinix or the shape of the Juul —both are nice. The Infinix has a more “cigalike” shape than the Suorin Air or Drop… but those are nice too.

Overall, I like the device a lot although there are a couple things that could be improved. In particular, the problem with spit back could be addressed by updating the pods with features similar to the Juul. Also, a color indicator of battery life, similar to what is used by Juul, would be an improvement. But it’s a good value at around $20, especially considering that the included pods last so long and a pack of 3 replacements retails for $10.

Last edited:

APA1

Apr 12, 2018
I will keep my review short. The Infinix is great. I’ve got 5 pods with 5 different flavors ready to go in case I get bored. Get about 10+ refills per pod.
Battery life could be better but it hasn’t been too big of an issue for me.
Really don’t get spit back unless I inhale really hard which is not really necessary on this device.
The refill slot could be bigger. I don’t use the needle tip bottle. I use the glass dropper my e juice comes in.

Fits perfectly in hand.
Decent vapor.
Stealthy.
I use this in my office all day although it’s not allowed.

I highly recommend this device.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
One more thing, the pod will usually show some leakage when changing to a different pod. Even if not changing the pod it’s important to put a tissue into the battery once a day to soak up any liquid.

If I pull the pod out after taking a drag, I see vapor coming out of the air intake. I think that's the only cause of the residue on mine. It happens with a lot of these devices but it's minimized by some that cover the air intake, like the Suorin Drop for example. It's a good idea to clean it daily but I must admit that I forget and don't clean it as frequently.

The battery has cut out on me a couple times. The 15 blink indicator seems to kick on when there's only enough power for couple very underpowered and weak puffs. Juul definitely got it right with the red, yellow, green indicators and the ability to check the status by tapping.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I took one of the pods apart. You could replace the cotton pretty easy. Just pry off the metal cap and remove the bottom of the pod.

If you want to remove the coil and keep it intact, you'd need to remove the coil before removing the terminals. The coil is crimped into the terminals and I pulled the wire straight removing the terminals first. I haven't attempted to rebuild with a new coil.

A motivated person could probably figure out a way to do it but it is not designed to make rebuilds easy. It's designed to be replaced. Rebuilds aren't my thing but I thought I'd share photos in case someone else wants to try.

IMG_2199.JPG
IMG_2200.JPG
IMG_2201.JPG
IMG_2205.JPG
IMG_2208.JPG

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Smok made some changes to the pods and their packaging.

On the old pods, ridges held the pods tightly to the battery. There are also 2 magnets on the battery that help hold the pod.

On the new pods, the sides are smooth and the pods are only held in place by the magnets. The magnets aren't super strong but they seem to be sufficient.

pods-032.jpg

IMG_2257.JPG

IMG_2254.JPG

GlobeVapor

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 17, 2018
www.cigplanet.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier discussing business in unauthorized area

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Hi @smoked25years - I'm curious to know which of your pod devices you find yourself using most often. Is there a firm favourite?

(And here's hoping you get things worked out with Voopoo).

Thanks.

I have the Juul, Infinix, Air, Drop, Ishare, Myblu, Panda, and Breeze 1.

I'm happy that I have all of them except the Ishare and Panda--those 2 need some re engineering. I won't buy new pods for them. Thank you for wishing me luck with the Panda!

I only use the Juul when my will power is dwindling and there's a high risk of smoking...maybe 2 hits in the last 2 months. The nicotine is too high for me to use it regularly.

The Infinix is used most. I never get a dry hit with the Infinix so it gets used more than the Air. The responsive and cigarette-like pull is the reason that I use the Infinix more than the Breeze 1. I use vaping as a replacement for smoking and the Breeze 1 is more like an inhaler than a cigarette. But folks who are more accustomed to vaping than smoking will likely prefer the Breeze 1.

The Drop is high maintenance but I keep it around because I find the restricted draw very satisfying with higher nicotine. It is used as an occasional boost.

I bought a lot of those Myblu kits when they were 90 cents with free shipping--haha! Although I prefer the Infinix and other devices, I do like the Myblu and have no problem using it as my only device. I won't buy them at full retail price.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Many thanks - it's useful to hear, especially as you're using them to quit/avoid smoking.

I've been pleasantly surprised by them - so far. I'll avoid looser ones like the breeze, but the Infinix sounds good. I enjoy the draw activation of the Vladdin and I'm keen to try something similar.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread