Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
A first look at the smok Cooper Mini by Richard NG

I really like the look of the device, and it's tiny. Great featureset as well. The adjust atomizer resistance looks interesting, should let you adjust for any offset due to the atty's own resistance. Tcr adjustment as well, though in a limited range it seems. The things that look bad in my eyes is that the menu kicks out so quickly (if that really can't be adjusted), that it seems that it'll automatically ask new or old atomised when waking up from deep sleep, and that it's made by smok.

Discuss!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
It should be perfect for me. Do you think the final version will come with a charging micro USB ?
I think the review said that the usb port is only for updates, and personally I think that's optimal. The battery is easy to remove for external charging and with an updateable mod I wouldn't want to risk damaging the usb port.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kljoki

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Watching Richard's review, that menu sure reminds me of the Smok M50/M65, with a couple extra features.

I suspect Smok has a warehouse full of M65 units that they couldn't move under their own name, partly because of the poor reception (and performance) of the M65, and partly because of the X Cube II is getting all the love. So they make a ten minute Shenzhen spin-off company, spend a wee bit of time reprogramming the M65 board to add TCR and Ti mode, whip up a new simple stamped enclosure, and voila, the Koopor Mini is born. Bonus for Smok, it's selling for the same price point the M65 was, in a cheaper enclosure with no included battery.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I'm also waiting for some in-depth reviews, but the price point is very nice -- VaporDNA has it in stock for $39.99 (or less since they usually have coupon codes). Other than Richard Ng's review, the only other one I've found is the one below, which is pretty weak on details. Does show the size and overall form factor pretty well but not much as to functionality.

Link for VaporDNA is: SMOKtech Koopor Mini 60W TC Temperature Control Box Mod

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Sleeves come off easy if properly designed. Only takes me a couple more seconds to change batteries on my IPV D2 with a sleeve, for instance, because it's well designed and slides off and back on easy. Same with my old Sigelei 100.

The sleeve for my old Cloupor Mini is a right pain in the backside though, it has to be peeled off and fought back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread