SMOK MAG is great with a couple Major FLAWS - LEFT HANDED ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

lusayalmino

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
NY
... I dropped the mod on the inside breast pocket in that coat. From almost shoulder height, it shot straight through to the concrete below! ... The battery cartridge didn't even disengage! Gave the fire button a quick hit and it fired, so took a toke. It was as if it had never been dropped!

Wow that's an incredible story -- glad it survived the drop! The thing is like a tank, people pick it up and can't believe how heavy it is - I love it. Heavier than my old iTaste VTR I think - but of course that thing is a single 18650.
x09bcWS.jpg

lusayalmino

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
NY
Looks like this "major flaw" has been resolved! Looks like Smok is releasing a "right handed" Mag. I must be one of very few who are "ambidextrous vapers", so either model would hide the screen somewhere around 50% of the time.......just like most of my mods. :shock: :lol:
WOW... that's amazing. Guess I should have waited. I love the solid black model!
SMOK_MAG_KIT_RIGHT-HANDED_EDITION-02.jpg

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
WOW... that's amazing. Guess I should have waited. I love the solid black model!
View attachment 712133

I have the silver and have been debating between the black/red and black/prism for the color I really wanted. Once I actually saw the prism in hand, my mind was made up and I received it yesterday. Then saw the "right handed" was coming out and thought dang! I could have gotten one for each hand! :w00t: Like that really mattered to me! But seeing the colors available, that black/gunmetal is the only one I find appealing. I'm good with the 2 I've got!

Reactions: stols001

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
how to change Output Mode. Hard; Normal; Soft on smok 225 mag ??

Two ways. You can go through the menu system, same screen where you select wattage or temp control. Easiest is while on, press the fire button and "up" button simultaneously, then "up/down" to change.

• Useful

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I have the red black and had issues. When I change my batteries I have a hard time getting it to fire up. I pull the trigger 5 times fast in under 2 seconds and nothing happens. I repeat and after a few tries it starts up. Yes I have had other people try. I have seen a couple of you-tube videos where people have had some kind of issues with the red-black one.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I have the red black and had issues. When I change my batteries I have a hard time getting it to fire up. I pull the trigger 5 times fast in under 2 seconds and nothing happens. I repeat and after a few tries it starts up. Yes I have had other people try. I have seen a couple of you-tube videos where people have had some kind of issues with the red-black one.

I have that happen at times with my silver and black/prism mags, so not sure it is color specific. But I figured it was due to my old, bad hands, fingers, and tremors. My best guess is that on one/some of those fast trigger presses, a "misfire" occurs on one or more presses. Maybe one of the presses wasn't quite hard enough or more sideways rather then directly pressed? No matter as I don't find it that problematic, frequent, and rarely does it twice in a row.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I have that happen at times with my silver and black/prism mags, so not sure it is color specific. But I figured it was due to my old, bad hands, fingers, and tremors. My best guess is that on one/some of those fast trigger presses, a "misfire" occurs on one or more presses. Maybe one of the presses wasn't quite hard enough or more sideways rather then directly pressed? No matter as I don't find it that problematic, frequent, and rarely does it twice in a row.

That is why I posted I had other people try to fire it up. Theirs work fine. We all can't be doing it wrong;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread