Smok Magneto v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

roguly

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Orange, CA, USA
Is it worth getting? And if anyone has the v2 please show and tell. What is a good tank or catro to use with it?

Its relatively cheap compared to other mods, and is not a clone. So yes it is worth getting, although you will most likely upgrade eventually. Another option you should consider is the smoktec natural, the non-telescoping version looks very sharp IMO (its a side button mod though) Boge cartos have a big following, and so do IBTanked carto tanks. If you use a carto tank or clearo with a mod you will probably want to pick up a Kick module also. It allows you to adjust the power, therefore giving you a more satisfying vape

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
The V2 magneto is nice because it has the adjustable center pin, the Galileo is also very nice with the magnetic switch and adjustable center pin, almost bought one, cheaper than the magneto too. What I bought and simply love is the Nemesis 2 tone clone, brass on silver. I bought this one because it is kickable, and damn sexy looking. Adjustable center pin, adjustable air flow control, can use 18350's, 18490's and 18650's with or without a kick.

I was initially going for a mag, but also wanted option to kick. The Nemesis clone can be upgrade to an magnet switch, just replace spring with the magnets, just waiting for the parts to come in. Plus it's totally compatible with the Real nemesis parts. Finding the silver switch to be very good, so not in a hurry, but like having the option. Built my first .9 ohm build today, and the mech is producing the mega clouds at 18 watts. Finally broke the warp 15 barrier. lmao. Really like the quality and looks of this Nemesis clone mod. With the Russian rba or my Terminator-C R/A Tank on it, it looks like a hybrid, no gap between the tank and the head since it has the adjustable contact pin. Makes my Provari look like a 57 chevy, while the 2 tone clone is my Lamborghini. I'll probably end up getting another but with the stainless on brass, this one is the brass on stainless. That way I can mix them up and go all brass, all stainless or what ever combination I want, mini, maxi, kicked un kicked. If you love building rba's, you'll love what you can do with a good Mech. Just make sure you know how to build and the limits of you batteries used. You don't want to wind up with a grenade going off in you hands.

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I just got mine today and I must say, for $45, it's hard to beat. Very nice build quality. The adjustable center pin is a great feature. Overall it is just a nice looking mod and feels solid in your hand. It also doesn't seem to have the issues that a lot of clones have. No modding required, just open up the box and vape.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
I love all my mechs but use my magneto the most, mainly because it has the rda I put my current ADV in. The magneto works very well without needing to sand down the contacts like some of my others. Currently have a nemesis on its way, can't go wrong with silver plated contacts.

The v2 magneto just has an upgraded spring loaded center pin so all 510 devices fit perfectly on it.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Love my Magneto. :wub:

Its relatively cheap compared to other mods, and is not a clone.
It's based on Madz Modz' NZonic, so many people do consider it a clone. It's just not a counterfeit.

But the Magneto v2 is kickable with 18350 and 18500. And were can I find a nice clone of the kick?
I don't have the v2 and I use a kick (with an 18490). Both Smok and Sigelei make kick clones.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
Show and tell? Here's mine with an AGA-T2:

Magneto.jpg

It looks pretty cool. I'm still debating whether or not I want to try to put a brush finish on my AGA, so it will match. I need to drill out the airflow on the cap though. I've been using a cheap RDA on it more often, since I already have the airflow drilled out on it. It doesn't look as nice as the AGA though. My only complaint about the Magneto is the play in the telescope section's threads. It is a nice little mech. The button is awesome.

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA
I have the non telescoping natural and I love it. Fits nice in the hand, button is really comfortable. I wanted a non telescoping mod because I didn't like the look or feel of them. How there was a step down between tubes. I wanted a smooth flush tube. Taking out the sections to specific batteries is no hassle at all either. I use it currently with an igo w but have an AGA-T2 on the way. My only complaint is that you have to sand the contacts to expose the brass, takes about 15 minutes, and that the 510 connection is raised about 1-2mm above the top cap so your atty's won't sit flush and you won't get that "hybrid" look that is so desired. At least mine is and those I've seen. However you can bust a dremel out, and you patience, and level it off. Other than that it's an awesome mod, wouldn't change my mind or regret the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SavageClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have the brass magneto v2. Absolutely love it so far. you can get it right now from exhalevapers.com for around 42$ shipped using discount code delicious.

I sanded down all my contact points and cleaned everything with isopropyl alcohol before first use.
I have an Igo w with a dual micro coil build on it. works wonders. beats the .... out of my old kts +

Dochartaigh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
PA, United States
Hope it's OK to revive an old topic when I have information to add...has anybody played with the adjustable center pin of the new model (and not just read that it has one)?

Mine seems to only "bounce" maybe 0.5mm....not much play at all. I took out the insulating plastic sleeve and tried manually adjusting it (by screwing it up and down) and that doesn't seem to move it in or out at all. None of my tanks will work on it (or if they do it seems to be sporadic. I've tried IGO-W, IGO-L, Protank 2/3 and Aerotank. My Kayfun with adjustable center pin does work (just have to move it out a little bit).

Any words of advice for people who have had this for a while?

*EDIT* just found out how to constrain my searches to a more recent time period (kept on bringing up old posts about people wishing the Magneto had an adjustable center pin). It seems the pin isn't adjustable, just spring-loaded. Some people have had problems with the spring collapsing (most likely due to the voltage/heat running through it). When I get home and have access to pliers I'm going to take it apart and try the spring from a pen like people have mentioned unless somebody has a better idea.

Last edited:

Dochartaigh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
PA, United States
Do not use any atomizers that are lower
than 1.0 ohm on this top cap.
It may cause the spring to collapse.

The above is the warning on one site for the Magneto top cap (and I saw a similar warning on another site as well so far). So you can't use coils under 1 ohm on the Magneto??? Isn't that kinda ironic considering people buy mechanical mods to do just that?

So what are my options? Shove something inside the center pin so it's no longer a spring and can't burn out? (and if so, what?). Then when I need the pin to be shorter adjust it from the back side where I can fit a flat-head screwdriver to back it out? It seems one version of the top cap uses a screw instead of a spring but I can't find it for sale anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread