Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    smok morph 2 TFV18 Kit 230W

The SMOK Morph 2 "Make a stir" kit is composed of the Mod Morph 2 Mod and the TFV18 tank, in essence it is an updated reinterpretation of the previous Morph 219 kit.
    There are several interesting aspects for both the mod and the new Tank TFV18.
    Enjoy the reading

Smok Morph 2 Kit  1.jpg

The package shows on the front an image of the new Smok kit, there are the color indications and the writing "Dual External 18650 batteries".

On the back there are; warnings, hologram and scratch & check.

The packing list and the main features are shown on the sides of the box.

Smok Morph 2 Kit  2.jpg

The kit includes:
    • 1 MORPH 2 Mod
    • 1 Tank TFV18 (7.5 ml)
    • 1 0.33Ω TFV18 Mesh Coil (pre-installed)
    • 1 TFV18 Dual Meshed Coil of O.15Ω
    • 1 spare Bubble Glass
    • 1 Type C cable
    • 1 User Manual

Smok Morph 2 Kit 3.jpg

Morph 2 Mod Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 47,5x31.7x88mm
    • Weight: 133.5 g
    • Output Mode: WW - TC / NI-TI-SS
    • Power Range: 1W-230W (VW) / 10W-80W (TC)
    • Standby current: <300uA
    • Input voltage: 6.4V-8.4V.
    • Output voltage: 1.2V-8.2V.
    • Reaction time: 0.001s
    • Charging voltage: 5V ± 0.2V.
    • Charging current: 2A
    • Resistance range: 0.1Ω-2.5Ω (WW) / 0.05Ω-2Ω (TC)
    • Temperature range: 200 ° F-600 ° F / 100 ° C-315 ° C.

* In countries subject to TPD regulations the Morph 2 Mod kit can be purchased in combination with the TFV-V2 Mini Tank (2ml).

TFV18 Tank Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 66.3xØ31.6mm
    • Weight: 93.3g
    • Material: stainless steel
    • Capacity: 7.5ml (Mesh Coil 0.33Ω)
    • Capacity: 6.5ml (Dual meshed Coil of O.15Ω)
    • Recommended Power: 80-140W (best 100-110W)
    • Thread: 510

Smok Morph 2 Kit 4.jpg

Currently the Smok Morph 2 kit can be purchased in 8 different color combinations.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 5.jpg

First impressions:
    I received for this Test the Smok Morph 2 TFV18 kit in “White-Red” color. This Morph 2 kit is designed in red / garnet colored zinc alloy (same color for the TFV18 tank).
    The soft two-tone leather (White-Red) covers a large part of the surface, and undoubtedly gives a comfortable touch, the excellent degree of finish and the right leather / metal mix give this kit an elegant sporty look.

Before receiving the kit and based on the images on the internet, I was expecting a much bigger and heavier Mod, I must say that I have been proved wrong, the Morph 2 has quite comfortable dimensions, it carries well and does not weigh too much. I like that!

The new TFV18 tank has a rather imposing appearance without however being more bulky than the previous TFV16.
    TFV16 and TFV18 look like twins, however the differences are there and we will see them later.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 6.jpg

Smok Morph 2 Kit 7.jpg

The front shows the 0.96 "color screen, the USB-C charging socket, the" + "and" - " adjustment buttons, all housed within a metal holder, surrounded by two-tone leather upholstery.

On the back, the frame design houses the large vertical writing “Morph2” in the center, the two-tone coating creates the edge and extends to the sides of the Mod.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 8.jpg

The fire button is located on the side, its shape is rectangular of excellent size and is easy to click, on this side you can see the writing "smok Newchip inside" in the center between the two parallel red seams.

On the other side there are 3 white parallel seams on the red background.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 9.jpg

The top of the Mod Morph houses a cup with 510 attachment and spring loaded pin, the cup is fixed to the frame by three torx screws. The central position allows to house tanks up to 31mm in diameter without protrusion.

The access door to the compartment / batteries is located in the lower part of the Mod, in addition to logos & brands you can see the opening / closing mechanism and the writing “Designed & Manufactured By Smok”.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    As I wrote before, the Morph 2 Mod can accommodate tanks of very large diameter, however even atomizers with a diameter of 23 / 24mm do not clash at all.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 11.jpg

Smok Morph 2 uses dual 18650 batteries for operation.
    The compartment / battery door has a good opening / closing system, appears stable and safe enough.
    The positive and negative symbols are engraved on the inside of the door / batteries, the same symbols are present on the bottom inside the mod.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 12.jpg

The brand new TFV18 Sub-ohm Tank features a colossal 7.5ml e-liquid capacity, allows you to vape all day virtually without refilling.
    At the top there is a small button to free the filling port, just press the button and push sideways to start charging.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 13.jpg

The TFV18 tank is basically made up of five pieces and is very similar to the previous TFV16, however the two AFCs have been modified to improve the cross section of the airflow favoring better regulation from RDL to fully open DL.
    Furthermore, TFV18 now takes advantage of the excellent conductivity of copper through 5 pins placed on the base to more efficiently transfer the power to the coil for a circular and fast heating.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 14.jpg

Smok Morph 2 Kit 15.jpg

TFV18 is compatible with the TFV16 coils, however, for the TFV18, newly developed replaceable Mesh-Coils have been made.
    These are the new Mesh coils present in the Kit:

• Mesh Coil 0.33Ω range 80-140W (Best 100-110W)
    This Single-Mesh coil is very aromatic already starting at 70W (10W below the minimum range). At 70W the heating is immediate thanks to the instant reaction chipset (0.001s) and perhaps also thanks to the new circular current transmission system of the TFV18.
    Vaping at 70W is great so I did not detect any complications at this power. Following Smok's instructions I also tried higher power levels, but I didn't insist much at 140W because I think it is useless. Already at 80 / 90W the performances are spectacular, the steam is good, very abundant and hot enough and so I use this setting.

• Dual meshed Coil from O.15Ω range 80-140W (Best 100-110W)
    The behavior of this Dual-mesh is similar to the previous one, I started at 80W and went up to maximum power (140W) however I use it at 90 or 100W thus finding the best configuration.
    Both of these new gigantic coils need a lot of liquid, so you'll need to more wet the cotton before activating them.
    Compared to the previous TFV16 coils I have noticed an improvement in the speed with which they reach the best aromatic yield, no cotton flavor even when new.

The test was done with one of my favorite liquids, Strawberrie from Juccia 70/30 with 0 mg / ml.

I think the TFV18 does not disappoint anyone who appreciates the brand and has been waiting for it. The only recommendation try not to follow the megawattages indicated on the coils by Smok too much, stay a bit lower and you will not regret it. I predict that these coils will have a long life, as the previous TFV16 coils have also demonstrated.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 16.jpg

TFV18 RBA:
    Smok in collaboration with WOTOFO has decided to create an interesting "postless" RBA which can be regenerated in Dual coil, the RBA can be purchased separately. Unfortunately Smok didn't send it to me, so I hope this test is just postponed.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 17.jpg

How the Mod works:
    Smok Morph 2 is equipped with a new IQ-S chipset which not only provides a very fast ignition time of 0.001 seconds, but also provides customizable output modes (Power / TC) to support different styles of vaping.
    The 0.96 "color screen is bright and legible, shows all the information useful for vaping; selected mode, level and percentage of cell recharge, Ohms, Volt, set power, lock / unlock symbol, total number of puffs and duration of the last Puff.

Using the keys:
    - Five clicks on the Fire button to turn the device on / off
    - Press the Fire key and the "+" button at the same time to change theme (Blue, Orange, Red, Purple, White, Green)
    - Press the Fire key and the "-" button simultaneously to clear Puff's number
    - Press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously to lock / unlock the screen.

Menu settings:
    - Press fire key 3 times to enter menu setting interface and long press fire to exit. Press the "+" or "-" buttons to switch between "POWER", "TC-TI", "TC-NI" and "TC-SS". Click on Fire to set the options and press the “+” or “-” buttons to set the data adjustment.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 18.jpg

The dual 18650 cell allows for great autonomy and immersive vaping, in addition the USB Type-C port with balanced charging at a maximum speed of 2.0A extends the battery life and also reduces the charging time. However for greater safety and less wear I always use an external charger for my cells and I recommend everyone to do it.

Protections and Alerts:
    - Power Off: The battery voltage is less than 2.9V ± 0.1V.
    - Battery Low: Battery voltage is less than 3.2V ± 0.1V.
    - Ohms Too Low: Resistance is less than 0.100 ± 5% in WW mode or 0.05Ω ± 5% in TC mode.
    - Ohms Too High: Resistance is greater than 2.50 ± 5% in VW mode or 2.0Ω ± 5% in TC mode.
    - No Atomizer: The atomizer was not detected.
    - Atomizer Short: A short circuit has been detected.
    - PCBA Too Hot: The PCBA temperature is too high and protection starts.
    - Time Over: The vape time exceeds 8 consecutive seconds.

Smok Morph 2 Kit 19.jpg

Final Conclusions and Highlights:
    • Appealing design
    • Used materials
    • Feeling of compactness and robustness
    • Front Fire Button
    • Clear and legible 6-color side display
    • Can elegantly accommodate several tanks
    • New Chipset IQ-S (WW-TC NI-TI-SS) 0.001s
    • Safety levels
    • Convenient refill (TFV18)
    • Large liquid capacity
    • New outstanding Mesh-Coils
    • Smok / Wotofo dual coil RBA (Optional)
    • Copper circular transfer contact pins
    • New AFCs

I found no flaws in this Kit, maybe I could recommend Smok to implement the excellent chipset with some functions; like smart coil sensing, Bypass and stealth mode, but I don't see it as a necessary action.

If you agree with my aesthetic tastes and are looking for a powerful, simple, handy and not too heavy device, the Smok Morph 2 TFV18 Kit 230W might really be what you are looking for.
    The Manufacturer's Recommended Retail Price (MSRP) for this Kit is $ 74.99 approximately € 61.97.

• Thanks to Smok for sending me this Kit for review:
    MORPH 2 - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

Smok Morph 2 Kit 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread