Smok Procolor TC screen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamerboiiii

Nov 29, 2019
Screenshot_20191129-173357.png
Snapchat-940676016.jpg
So basically I bought 1 or 2 months ago a smok procolor vape. I let my friend bought me one off internet and gave it to me. Everything has been fine until yesterday.

When I was vaping outside the screen started to fade like from light to dark (not lde) and it was doing it for like 5-10 seconds and I thought that it's because of the cold. I still could fire and enter settings but the screen was just fading from light to dark. Today when I went outside and turned on my Procolor it showed Smok logo but in very dark, after like 5 puffs the screen went away and it went all black. When I came home I tried to charge it, take batteries and tank out and put the vape back on, but still no results, the screen is still all black. I can still hit the vape, go to the settings, turn in and off but the screen doesn't pop out. Also when I turn the vape on and off or put batteries back the led lights work.Did anyone else had this problem and what's the solution? Thanks!

* * * I bought new Samsung ICR18650-26J M 2600mah pink batteries (2) like 1,5 week ago from my local electronic shop. Before that I had LG lgbhg21865 3000mah brown batteries, but I gave them to my friend.

Beamerboiiii

Nov 29, 2019
Could be the batteries.
The LG HG2s you gave your friend have a 20amp rating (good for up to 120w in a 2 cell mod)
The Samsung 26J has a 5.2amp rating (good for landscape lighting, not vaping)
Samsung 26J 18650 2600mAh 5.2A Battery
Well, maybe the thing is in batteries, I should try different ones. But could you recommend me good batteries for vaping?

Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
It is difficult to say whether the batteries are the problem or not. But one thing that is for certain, those batteries are NOT WELL suited for vaping.

You will want to ensure your batteries CDR rating (Continuous Discharge Rating) is able to handle the power you wish to use your device. If you look up a batteries CDR rating, take the 20 amp LG HG2 as an example, multiply that by 3, then multiply that by how many batteries your device holds. That will give you the max power you can run at while mitigating risk. So the LG HG2 is 20amps per cell, x 3 means each battery is able to handle 60 watts. Because the Pro Color is a 2 battery mod, multiply that by 2 = 120 watts for the LG HG2 batteries. Samsung 20S have a CDR rating of 30 amps, so in your case those would be good for up to 180 watts.

Using batteries beyond thier CDR limits assumes risk....you do not want risk when vaping!!

Also note many batteries come is the same colour, but vastly different specifications. So we have to take note of that when choosing batteries

Below is a list of recommended batteries for our battery guru Mooch. He also has a YouTube page with LOTS of great information. I would highly suggest you check it out.

Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

Battery Mooch

Last edited:

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
I think (but take it with a grain of salt) that because of the low cdr and high internal resistance of your batteries,and assuming the sub-ohm tank requires enough wattage,the moment you hit the fire button voltage drops instantly and the mod is trying to save energy by turning the lights down.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's a Smok mod so god only knows. What weird thing is going on with that pink battery on the right, is it the lighting? Are all your battery wraps intact?

If you want to find out before buying more batteries, take it to a vape shop and have them tested.

Although I will point out, if it is the mod, you will still need batteries for your NEXT mod, and the LGs are not a bad choice for your vaping style.

Anna

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Well, probably the problem is in the batteries, but are you sure? I don't want to spend money on a thing that wont work.
Whether that is the problem with this mod or not, you will need good high drain batteries going forward. I don't see what choice would make better sense than buying a pair to diagnose this and have them for the next mod if necessary.

Beamerboiiii

Nov 29, 2019
Could be the batteries.
The LG HG2s you gave your friend have a 20amp rating (good for up to 120w in a 2 cell mod)
The Samsung 26J has a 5.2amp rating (good for landscape lighting, not vaping)
Samsung 26J 18650 2600mAh 5.2A Battery

So basically I bought myself Sony Vtc5a batteries from my local battery shop, I put them inside and.... the screen still doesn't show up. What could be the solution? (Batteries are not fake.)

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
So basically I bought myself Sony Vtc5a batteries from my local battery shop, I put them inside and.... the screen still doesn't show up. What could be the solution? (Batteries are not fake.)

The device is defective. Either proceed with a warranty claim if it is still under warranty or just replace it.

If purchasing a new device, I would suggest something other than Smok. Geekvape Aegis Legend has a very well received reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread