Smok RPM40

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Sorry to ask, im planning to get the RPM40 RBA for my RPM40, can I build 26ga 3.0mm 7 wrap kanthal(around .8ohm which I used in my rda before) for the rba? Because I still have tons of prebuilt coils which I used for my rda before.
3mm and 26ga i think is slight oversize .... max i use is 28 ga 2.5mm

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Bought myself another smok product.
Smok fetch. After few hours usage I think I much prefer rpm40 mouth piece n less restrict DL hit .....
Fetch Pro:
Smaller size.
Faster battery charge (first try, 51 minute for 960mah).
side charging port (i much prefer side than bottom)

IMG_20191101_221615.jpg
IMG_20191101_221633_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Vicman

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I like the RPM 40 better as well. It almost feels like the mouthpiece is to short on the Fetch; it's right up against the pod and I always feel the hit has to much air from around the mouthpiece. My other issue is the fill port is a pain to open. Much happier with the RPM 40.
u using RBA ? i having a lot dry hit if i chain vape or leave it a lone for some times ......

agree with you, only three thing i like in fetch over RPM 40, the rest RPM win all the way.
Tiny Size.
Fast Charging (yes compare MAH to Mah).
Front standing charging port.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
u using RBA ? i having a lot dry hit if i chain vape or leave it a lone for some times .....

I don't use the RBA deck as I really don't like building much. I can but am not the greatest and that deck is tiny. I was thinking of trying it but have found the .4 coils to be quite satisfying.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
May I ask a question, if you don't mind. How many puffs that your RPM 40 RBA last? My RPM occ (mesh material) was alright after over 300 puffs but the RBA was not. With the RBA (2.5 id, 5 wraps, space coil, 26 AWG kanthal A1, Muji cotton), it is only last for about under 200 puffs. I use "dam method" for my wicking. By the way, there is a very loud pop sound when I start to vape eventhough I try different methods to wick the cotton.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
May I ask a question, if you don't mind. How many puffs that your RPM 40 RBA last? My RPM occ (mesh material) was alright after over 300 puffs but the RBA was not. With the RBA (2.5 id, 5 wraps, space coil, 26 AWG kanthal A1, Muji cotton), it is only last for about under 200 puffs. I use "dam method" for my wicking. By the way, there is a very loud pop sound when I start to vape eventhough I try different methods to wick the cotton.

loud pop ? more cotton pls .... what happen after 200 puffs ? i vape some sweet juice change cotton every 1k vape ...

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Yup, I've already put more cotton in the coil but it still has pop sound (just at the beginning). Just after 200 puffs I can taste the burnt taste. If I raise the coil higher, the pop sound is gone but the burnt taste is coming sooner (just about 100 to 150 puffs).
after u taste dry or some funny taste .... remove ur cartridge than slowly/very gentle pull out your rba from the back, don't pull all out just slight pull, u see bubble come out from both juice hole and dont out too much cotton at side ....

Reactions: dangkhoa02106

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
I've already comb out the leg of my wick to make it thinner. I really don't know what happening. With the same juice, same coil, same way of wicking, I easily go through three full pods of the Pasito but I have problem with the RPM 40 rba. By the way, there hasn't 510 adapter so I must build a new coil instead of dry burn the old coil and re-use.

Gavin Gone

Nov 18, 2019
I recently purchased the rpm40 and a pack of the 1.2 ohm coils. I am vaping 45mg nic salt juice. The coils are fine for about an hour or 2 then it seems they stop wicking juice. Get real nasty dry hits. Anyone else experience this?
The 1.2Ω coil is rated at 12W, so it's perfect for vaping Nic salts as long as you set the correct wattage, not too high than 15W or so. I find RPM coils are much more durable than expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread