Status
Not open for further replies.

foggdawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
SF Bay Area
I just received the Smok RPM80 kit today. Perfect Vape screwed up the order because I ordered the RPM80 Pro kit, but that's not my gripe at the moment. I was super hyped to try this new pod system out. It comes with 2 pods. One for RPM coils at .4 ohms and one for the RGC coils at .17 ohms. (I also bought a 5 pack of RGC coils to boot) I decided to try out the larger RGC coil first, it's the low ohm massive cloud coil that I originally bought the the mod for. I primed the coil and let it sit for about 15 minutes. The first hit was great at 50w nice clouds nice flavor. Second hit was starting to give a burnt taste. The third hit had me coughing up a lung. I went through 4 of the RGC coils today. vaping low watts like 20-30 works fine with this .17 coil.... Really? as soon as I crank it up the burnt taste happens. I went from 70/30 juice to 50/50 juice not much difference in the performance.
For yucks and giggles I decided to try out the smaller RPM .4 coil. Didn't expect much being that the purpose of me buying the RPM80 was for the highly hyped RGC coilheads. I started at 25w. Nice flavor minimal clouds. As I raised the wattage on this coil I never got a burnt hit. Now I'm at 50w with the RPM .4 coil. It's performing like a champ. The RGC coils performed like a chump....
Maybe it was a bad run of RGC coils, I don't know. I'm looking to get a pack of the RPM coils now. I'm curious if anybody else has had issues with the RGC coils......

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I just received the Smok RPM80 kit today. Perfect Vape screwed up the order because I ordered the RPM80 Pro kit, but that's not my gripe at the moment. I was super hyped to try this new pod system out. It comes with 2 pods. One for RPM coils at .4 ohms and one for the RGC coils at .17 ohms. (I also bought a 5 pack of RGC coils to boot) I decided to try out the larger RGC coil first, it's the low ohm massive cloud coil that I originally bought the the mod for. I primed the coil and let it sit for about 15 minutes. The first hit was great at 50w nice clouds nice flavor. Second hit was starting to give a burnt taste. The third hit had me coughing up a lung. I went through 4 of the RGC coils today. Vaping low watts like 20-30 works fine with this .17 coil.... Really? as soon as I crank it up the burnt taste happens. I went from 70/30 juice to 50/50 juice not much difference in the performance.
For yucks and giggles I decided to try out the smaller RPM .4 coil. Didn't expect much being that the purpose of me buying the RPM80 was for the highly hyped RGC coilheads. I started at 25w. Nice flavor minimal clouds. As I raised the wattage on this coil I never got a burnt hit. Now I'm at 50w with the RPM .4 coil. It's performing like a champ. The RGC coils performed like a chump....
Maybe it was a bad run of RGC coils, I don't know. I'm looking to get a pack of the RPM coils now. I'm curious if anybody else has had issues with the RGC coils......
get their rpm RBA, i kind of love it ... no dint try RGC cause i think rpm 80 is too big for me (now) :)

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I still have not received items. My 2 fetch pro's and the 2 coil heads are still awaiting third pushed back delivery at FT. I will review when ever I receive them though. I also have my ratel XS with dual coil RBA head that is awaiting packaging but with no workers it won't get packaged yet.
same here, they promise my fetch pro should start shipping before end of feb, but till now still shipping pending ....

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
same here, they promise my fetch pro should start shipping before end of feb, but till now still shipping pending ....

Well I got a shipped notice over night for the Ratel XS and dual coil RBA. It's not showing up as in system so still don't know if any workers are back? They could have met printed ship label and waiting??

Shrike

Mar 10, 2020
UK
I am in the UK and ordered my RPM80 from the SMOK website (BIG MISTAKE) they are just about the worst company I have ever dealt with (blaming the Coronavirus for not refunding me for the coils does Paypal have the virus?)the only way to get an order shipped is to bombard them with emails until you finally get a reply.
Anyways back to the subject.
I also ordered a set of RGC coils but they got "lost in shipping" and finding them in this country is very difficult but saying that the one that came with the devce is still running smooth for about 3 weeks at around 40watts but tbh I prefer the RPM coils I just wanted the device for the larger battery all I use is salt nics as I have been a heavy smoker for 36yrs up until I got an RPM40 8 weeks ago.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I am in the UK and ordered my RPM80 from the SMOK website (BIG MISTAKE) they are just about the worst company I have ever dealt with (blaming the Coronavirus for not refunding me for the coils does Paypal have the virus?)the only way to get an order shipped is to bombard them with emails until you finally get a reply.
Anyways back to the subject.
I also ordered a set of RGC coils but they got "lost in shipping" and finding them in this country is very difficult but saying that the one that came with the devce is still running smooth for about 3 weeks at around 40watts but tbh I prefer the RPM coils I just wanted the device for the larger battery all I use is salt nics as I have been a heavy smoker for 36yrs up until I got an RPM40 8 weeks ago.
yah smok official site kind of suck. i bought my fetch pro on 20/2, they promise to send by or before feb but till now still pending shipment, asked them when, reply is simple don't know and very long time.

Shrike

Mar 10, 2020
UK
yah smok official site kind of suck. i bought my fetch pro on 20/2, they promise to send by or before feb but till now still pending shipment, asked them when, reply is simple don't know and very long time.
I ordered mine on 11th Feb and got it shipped on the 18th Feb by simply bothering them till they shipped it. It sounds excessive but its the only way you will get anything from them. Keep sending emails to order@smoktech title the email with the order number and just hit them with "Please ship my order or a refund will be requested" they hate the word "refund"...Good luck too you.

Dang198231

Apr 29, 2020
Purchase the smok RP 80 about a week ago I have gone thru a lot of juice and have not had one problem with the point 17 coils. I hear a lot of people are getting burnt tasteor burnt coils quickly, remember to drip a couple drops initially to prime it into the opening and also I found that this unit runs best at 40 Watts with the point 17 coils running it any higher May likely burn them out fast.. I Vape quite a bit at about almost 200 Puffs a day and have not had any bad taste or anything foul going on with these coils. I have not had to switch to the .4 coil yet neither.. overall I'm absolutely satisfied with this unit and I recommend it ...great clouds great taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread