The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok Fetch Pro RGC Coil Pod Tank does not sit flush

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by Jay Pez, Mar 5, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jay Pez

Jay Pez New Member

Mar 5, 2020
    Hi,

I just received my Smok Fetch Pro kit today and I've noticed that the RGC coil pod does not sit flush and is loose when inserted into the mod with RGC installed.

Is this a known issue yet or is it just me?

Looks like the RGC coil does not have a Flat bottom compared to the RPM coil so the 2 pin contacts are pushing the pod up. No matter how much force I push down on the pod, it just pushes itself back up. It is very loose and I may lose it

Any suggestions or fix would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

I've attached some pics.

With RPM Coil.jpg With RGC Coil.jpg RPM-RGC Pods.jpg

2. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2018
    did u try to push your rcg coil in different angle ?

3. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Looks like the coil head is not pushed into cartridge all the way?

4. Jay Pez

Jay Pez New Member

Mar 5, 2020
    No matter which way I push the pod down, it wont stay all the way down. The RPM coil pod sits flush.

The coil is all the way in, I tried it with extra RGC coils I bought too. It just looks like that because the bottom is different for the pods. The pods are not the same. 1 for RPM coil, 1 for RGC coil.

I think it might be a design flaw or bad pod. Since this mod is so new I was hoping whoever has one now, has the same issue..

5. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I would say buy a three pack of RGC cartridges to see if in fact it is the problem. They are $7 for a pack f three. I know you should not have to do that but it might help finding out?

6. Jay Pez

Jay Pez New Member

Mar 5, 2020
    I was thinking about that..

Temporary fix.. I just jammed a folded piece of paper on the side wall to make a tight fit and it does seem to stay tighter.

Hopefully someone will know more once more people have it, as most places are soldout or preorder right now. (I got lucky)

I'll update when I get the new pods and see if there's a difference. Maybe I was just unlucky to get a bad pod.

7. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Yes I have 2 fetch pro's on pre-order from FT . My order was placed a week before CNY,so I have a long wait.

8. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2018
    how about lubricate upper rubber part of the coil ?

9. Jay Pez

Jay Pez New Member

Mar 5, 2020
    That doesnt help.. I'll wait and see if the new pods will fix it.