Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You may have burned the coil with too high a wattage. I’m betting you ran the .15 first at too high a wattage so it died quickly, then ran the .25, which needs an even lower wattage and burned it much more quickly. New coils for you. I’m not the guy to ask about setting the correct voltage for your tank, but I’m sure someone will be along eventually that can help.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hrmmm.. maybe it’s detecting it wrong? Is a bum mod? This kind of thing could also happen if the coil was dry, but it doesn’t explain the two days of decent vaping (assuming they were decent) on the first coil. It’s a bit of a puzzler. Luckily there are folks much more experienced with drop in coils than me around.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd try QCvaper's suggestion above. IF you boil the burnt coils you have to kind of revitalize them until you can get new ones (that may work for a few days) you may not need to poke holes in them to get better vape flow as boiling also seems to loosen up the cotton for a bit. I'd try priming a coil after you boil it, and see how it does. If flow of juice seems a bit wonky still, you could try poking holes, then.

Just my thoughts, I've heard about this issue on several occasions, and either solution seems to possibly work (you can even boil new coils) but I think the pin thing is far simpler. With that said, I don't own that mod, but I've rinsed and reused my Nautilus coils x1 with every coil, pretty much.

Anna

Breen

Sep 21, 2017
Definitely sounds like you didn't let it sit long enough after a refill.

Another issue could be replacing the coil without dumping the ejuice and refilling it. I have this stick and rinse out the tank between coils.

Something that can help the coils last a bit longer is closing the airflow or at least not vaping with them fully open.

Also, try keeping the tank filled to at least the top of the wicking holes.

Even with all these suggestions, V8 stick coils can go pretty fast sometimes. Especially with all day vaping.

Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
You can't on the v8 stick, I think it automatically detects what coil your using. What kind of juice are you using? Dark and VG heavy juices will kill coils quickly, but they shouldn't gunk up coils as quickly as you've stated...
I vaped mr. pancake and it crusted and burnt on the t8 coils in my big baby in like 2 or 3 days. This juice is super sweet, i suspect maple syrup is the sweetener.

• Creative

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I vaped mr. pancake and it crusted and burnt on the t8 coils in my big baby in like 2 or 3 days. This juice is super sweet, i suspect maple syrup is the sweetener.
If it is they should be smacked upside the head. You can’t put real sugar in a vape juice. It very understandably simply turns to candy then burns. Mapleine was one of the first artificial flavors invented. It works fine.

Crystal_Skye

Aug 16, 2017
I have the Smok Stick V8 with the Big Baby Beast tank also. I didn't have that issue with either coil, so I'm not sure what to tell you on that. I may take that suggestion of boiling the coil I used a different flavor with. The coil is still good, I just didn't like the juice I made. I'll try to find this thread again after I boil the coil and try using it again. *Edit* I did find some of the coils for the BBB on the Wish app. I'm waiting for them to come in, but I'm afraid now that they *may* not be originals...

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have the Smok Stick V8 with the Big Baby Beast tank also. I didn't have that issue with either coil, so I'm not sure what to tell you on that. I may take that suggestion of boiling the coil I used a different flavor with. The coil is still good, I just didn't like the juice I made. I'll try to find this thread again after I boil the coil and try using it again. *Edit* I did find some of the coils for the BBB on the Wish app. I'm waiting for them to come in, but I'm afraid now that they *may* not be originals...
Heh. That is the problem with diy. Some times there is failure.

Crystal_Skye

Aug 16, 2017
Yes, there definitely is! Failure is always an option when you're *new* to DIY. I'm not totally new, I've been vaping for 4.5 years, but I'm new to DIY juice and I still haven't ventured into building coils that require being twisted. I thought I'd just stick with drop ins, they work for me! I just found a tank I like, figured out which coils I liked in it, and voila! Happy vaper!

Crystal_Skye

Aug 16, 2017
I'd like to note that I appreciate the banner some of y'all have, as I put it on my signature as well. It has reminded me that I have avoided almost 19,500 nasty 'ol cigs in 1,299 days! I'm proud of those two numbers under there! So even though failure is part of DIY, overcoming the obstacle to my health that smoking was, makes me a winner!

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Yes, there definitely is! Failure is always an option when you're *new* to DIY. I'm not totally new, I've been vaping for 4.5 years, but I'm new to DIY juice and I still haven't ventured into building coils that require being twisted. I thought I'd just stick with drop ins, they work for me! I just found a tank I like, figured out which coils I liked in it, and voila! Happy vaper!
Making coils is easy once you get started. Once you get going you'll look back and see how much money you saved from the drop-ins.[emoji16]

Sent from the future

Crystal_Skye

Aug 16, 2017
Making coils is easy once you get started. Once you get going you'll look back and see how much money you saved from the drop-ins.[emoji16]

Sent from the future
I'm going to have to go into the ecig store and make one of those dudes sit his .... down with me and show me how to rebuild them. That's how I've learned other stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread