Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Please clarify. But the coil is not supposed to light up. If a coil lights up, its practically on fire and this is dangerously dangerous. If by coil you mean tank, smok does make a tank with LED lights built-in but if this is not the tank you have, then it isnt going to light up. I wouldn't worry so much over it, lights inside a tank dont make it vape any better than one without lights anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator

Eduardo Sylos Uchoa

Mar 5, 2019
Please clarify. But the coil is not supposed to light up. If a coil lights up, its practically on fire and this is dangerously dangerous. If by coil you mean tank, smok does make a tank with LED lights built-in but if this is not the tank you have, then it isnt going to light up. I wouldn't worry so much over it, lights inside a tank dont make it vape any better than one without lights anyway.

Sorry Coyote, I mean the coil is not working, its not making smoke. i press the trigger the screen shows everything. But i have no smoking, I already have changed for a new coil.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sorry Coyote, I mean the coil is not working, its not making smoke. i press the trigger the screen shows everything. But i have no smoking, I already have changed for a new coil.
I would say highest probability is the coil is not making a connection with the mod for some reason, followed unfortunately closely by the fact that SMOK mods are quite often complete garbage and the mod may have failed in some way it never would have had it been constructed correctly.

For the moment let’s go with option A as I don’t think you’re comfortable with simply admitting you were effectively cheated and recycling it just yet. Who knows? It may be a simple problem and the thing will go on for years. Sometimes SMOK mods do. Not often, but it happens.

The tank connects to the mod through the 510 acre connector. That connector should (in theory) have a spring loaded center pin that moves up and down slightly. Take the tank off the mod and clean both the thread and the hole to make sure there’s bare metal to make the connection, that the positive pin is protruding from the end of the atomizer through the 510 connector, and that the positive connector inside the mod is clean and moves a bit (be gentle. This bit is one of the many parts known to break on SMOK mods). Once you can be fairly sure that an electrical connection will happen, put the atty back on and try it. If it still doesn’t work the problem is either farther into the atty (which may be fixable) or farther into the mod (which probably isn’t)

• Useful
Reactions: greek mule

Uri Burstein

Feb 3, 2019
Flushing, NY (11367)
Eduardo Sylos Uchoa, does your mod ask if a new coil has been installed if you remove the tank press the fire button and then reattach it?
Welcome, Eduardo. My wife has the same exact model. It's
Welcome, Eduardo. My wife has the same kit.Its been working for a month or so. Yesterday, she felt she was getting a 'burnt taste' . I took it to the store, showed the rep the model, and was given a new coil. When I got home, it felt like I was smoking a volcano.

The rep sold me the wrong coil. But that may not be relevant to your problem, How long have you had it before it stopped working? You've gotten some excellent advice, and I do have to agree with bombastinator.

I think Smok products are not reliable . I had to eat the Develin model I bought, and exchanged it for an Aegis Legend. Im not sure whether its a rebuildable, as I just bought the main bottom part. It was embarrassing for me, but it is what it is. And Mordechai is asking an important question.

The screen should ask whether you installed a new coil or old. When I put the whole top part from my old Develin, it took so long to get back from that question to the normal mode, after which it did work. Take it back, if you bought it at a store, and have the rep try to fix it right there. If you bought it on line, you may have more of an issue.

Perhaps you can get it working again. Good luck!
Take Care.

Uri

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What specific batteries are you using in your SMOK T Priv? What brand and model batteries? If you are using the wrong type of batteries your mod may not fire correctly.

Is it possible that you inadvertantly put your mod into TC, or Temp Control? Although your mod will do temp control, your coils in the SMOK tank are not compatible for temp control and won't fire.
SMOK coils will only work in wattage (W) or power (P) mode.​

What wattage setting are you using on your mod?

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
The mod recognizes the new coils. I have it for a year
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your problem could be a result by many different causes.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple. At the very least they can see if you are getting any voltage on a meter when the button is activated.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread