Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I have one. I like it but dont really have anything to compare it to as it was and is my first mod. Ive had it since september and it works fine. But i am seeing a small issue with the screen not reading ohms properly. A .15 ohm coil will read any number it feels like it seems. Im still trying to figure this out. But otherwise, ive had no problems that prevent me from vaping with it. The paint will chip off a bit or a lot. Time will tell if the ohm issue is a real problem or not.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say it's kind of a real problem right now. Are you able to manually lock in the ohms of your coils? Even then, you will have slight manufacturing differences between coils, so I'd really want a mod that reads my coils accurately or at least consistently, over time. How long has the problem been going on? What have you tried to fix it?

To the OP, sorry, I don't own that mod so don't have much feedback.

Anna

Reactions: pfaber11

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I don't have the T-Priv, but have a few other Smok mods. But if the T-Priv is like the others, something that may be helpful to you and @Coyote628 ......

Whenever the mod is turned on without an atty attached, when screwing on the atty (at room temp), it will ask if it is a "new coil" to which I respond with a "Y" whether it is "new" or not. If I have been using the mod and change tanks, I remove the old tank, set the wattage for the new tank, press the fire bar, then screw on the new tank resulting in the questions coming up. I can't say if doing this is necessary or beneficial, just what I have gotten in the habit of doing. Never really paid attention to or cared what the ohm readings show, just always gives me my satisfying vape.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I ordered one of these from MVS and should have it Saturday. But I'm finding very little in the way of information on this device using the search feature. Anyone have this mod and want to give their thoughts?

Watched a review yesterday, wish i would have saved the link for you.

From what I saw a pretty standard dual 18650 offering. LED lights that you can customize in various ways, usual SMOK software. Looks like you could fit a 24-25mm tank of your choice on top, believe the kit I saw comes with Big Baby Beast. Probably already knew maoat of that though.

What questions or concerns do you have in particular?

John Minichiello

Feb 2, 2015
I ordered one of these from MVS and should have it Saturday. But I'm finding very little in the way of information on this device using the search feature. Anyone have this mod and want to give their thoughts?
One of the best Mods, looks and functionality, that I have ever bought in the 5 years of vaping so far! Easy to use and a great color changing mod that is not tough at all on your battery. 2 18650's last awhile and I never get tired of it. Enjoy!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I'd say it's kind of a real problem right now. Are you able to manually lock in the ohms of your coils? Even then, you will have slight manufacturing differences between coils, so I'd really want a mod that reads my coils accurately or at least consistently, over time. How long has the problem been going on? What have you tried to fix it?

To the OP, sorry, I don't own that mod so don't have much feedback.

Anna
The problem was nothing more than me being cheap and trying to see how long a coil will last in this tank. It was super gunked and running at higher resistance. So two weeks is too long with thick sweet cheesecake flavored juice. Clean, new coil solved the issue

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I don't have the T-Priv, but have a few other Smok mods. But if the T-Priv is like the others, something that may be helpful to you and @Coyote628 ......

Whenever the mod is turned on without an atty attached, when screwing on the atty (at room temp), it will ask if it is a "new coil" to which I respond with a "Y" whether it is "new" or not. If I have been using the mod and change tanks, I remove the old tank, set the wattage for the new tank, press the fire bar, then screw on the new tank resulting in the questions coming up. I can't say if doing this is necessary or beneficial, just what I have gotten in the habit of doing. Never really paid attention to or cared what the ohm readings show, just always gives me my satisfying vape.
Thats what i do when i change tanks. But im giving the t priv a little break. Just got a segelei fuchai 175w tonite. Lovin it too. Im gonna get some ss wire and play around with TC mode and my rabbit soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread