SMOK TECH Cartos, IN STOCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning,

Acting upon your advice, I ordered two of these, have been using them for just over a week, and have enjoyed them enough to order 5 more yesterday.

They produce a nice billow of vapor, with a satisfying density, a smooth easy draw, and just slightly less flavor intensity than my regular atomizers.

Great product Ty.

I do have one question though:

Are there any type of caps available to seal off the ends?

I would like to pre-fill a few to present to a friend, as well as a couple for my own convenience.

It would be great if I could make them airtight in order avoid them drying out and thickening the fluid.

Regards,

S.A. Mariner

Last edited:

Tallmaan84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
I bought a 5 pack of these since LF was out of Boge. I worried about the first one i filled because i didn't know i had overfilled and it leaked out the bottom. I called LF and they called me back with in a couple of hours and explained that i should try the others out. They are pretty good compared to the Boge. I can't really tell the difference to be honest. Might be going with them again. BUT i will say this. LIBERTY FLIGHTS FOR LIFE!!!

P.S. I use the condoms that came with the cartos to real seal them:laugh:

Unfortunately, the the only prophylactic included with the two that I have gotten - thus far - was the cellophane wrapper that they were sealed in.

That could be a good thing though.

I'll put them in a dark drawer together and see if they multiply!

Ty is probably smart enough to only send out those that have been spayed or neutered though.

Letting a fertile pair get out to establish a competing heard would be bad for the profit margin.

Even so, I wonder what the gestation time is on these things? :unsure:

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I bought a 5 pack of these since LF was out of Boge. I worried about the first one i filled because i didn't know i had overfilled and it leaked out the bottom. I called LF and they called me back with in a couple of hours and explained that i should try the others out. They are pretty good compared to the Boge. I can't really tell the difference to be honest. Might be going with them again. BUT i will say this. LIBERTY FLIGHTS FOR LIFE!!!

Unfortunately, the the only prophylactic included with the two that I have gotten - thus far - was the cellophane wrapper that they were sealed in.

Methinks you are talking about two different types of Smoktech cartomizers. The eGo ST cartos, 3 ml capacity, which are being reviewed in this thread, do not come with any condoms--they are sold individually in cellophane wrappers. They can be filled easily by simply dripping from a juice bottle into the filler.

Tallmaan, I believe you have Smoktech regular size cartos--those come in five-packs (with condoms) and are similar to Boge cartomizers.

Methinks you are talking about two different types of Smoktech cartomizers. The eGo ST cartos, 3 ml capacity, which are being reviewed in this thread, do not come with any condoms--they are sold individually in cellophane wrappers. They can be filled easily by simply dripping from a juice bottle into the filler.

Thanks Katya,

Now I don't feel slighted over the exclusion of condoms in my order. :)

(I don't think I've ever written a line quite like that before.)

Being relatively new at all of this, I have plenty of opportunities for frustration with the gear.

I appreciate the fact that I can use a syringe to load these up, for the entire day, within about 30 seconds. = Frustration factor nil.

Regards,

S.A. Mariner

Last edited:

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Good Morning,

I do have one question though:

Are there any type of caps available to seal off the ends?

I would like to pre-fill a few to present to a friend, as well as a couple for my own convenience.

It would be great if I could make them airtight in order avoid them drying out and thickening the fluid.

Regards,

S.A. Mariner

Separately... no. Not that I am aware of. I will ask my rep about this this evening. We have other business to discuss anyhow.
Some of the new EGO-T atties, the ones with the Joye Logo, have a condom on one end, instead of a dummy cart now. That condom will work... but only practical if you already had them on hand...

That could be a good thing though.

I'll put them in a dark drawer together and see if they multiply!

Ty is probably smart enough to only send out those that have been spayed or neutered though.

Letting a fertile pair get out to establish a competing heard would be bad for the profit margin.

Even so, I wonder what the gestation time is on these things? :unsure:

:blink: :blush:

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I also received a Smok tech EGO cartomizer from Katya, and here is my thoughts. I measured it at 2.5ohm's, It looks very nice on the E-go and gives it a completed finish look. Fits nice, lots of vapor, hold a bunch of liquid, so I think it will last longer than a standard carto because the coils will stay moist longer, it also seems to have a better wicking material in it, and wicks faster when you drip the liquid in, than it does with a reg. carto. I also found if you use a V2 510 Shorty Extension from Madvapes it will work great on any 510 threaded battery. Overall I like them and will buy more. I will probably be a regular user of these, I liked the Stainless Steel. This is something that you can fill, and a lasts a long time with out needing to add juice as often. And it makes the batteries last longer between charges than a D.C. carto does.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ty, I believe I also owe you a follow-up on the ST eGo cartomizer; it pretty much mirrors what the other testers have said. It's a very nice cartomizer, especially for people who like big cartos.

I'm like Neo--since I'm half paranoid about burning a carto, I kept refilling it almost as frequently as I would a Boge, mind you. I'm sure that wasn't necessary. :facepalm:

I'm not sure how many ml of ejuice went through it before it started to taste weak and tired, but it was a good amount. More than my usual 4-8 ml. I vaped it almost dry towards the end--like you do. I never got that dreaded burnt taste and the autopsy revealed no burn marks on the filler; however, there was still plenty of juice left in carto--more than I had anticipated.

Nice cartos. My only complaint is the size; I would have preferred it to be the size of genuine eGo cartomizers--about 2 ml capacity and slightly shorter shell, but I know that others like the bigger size.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to beta test them. I think you got a winner!

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Thanks again for everyone's input.

I sorta feel the same about the size. I was thinking about asking for a smaller version. It might require that we purchase a bit more of them, but given how this first batch turned out, I'm not worried. I will bug Smok Tech about this, and see what we can come up with.

Also... we could probably get rubberized black paint, to match the EGO, but that usually costs more. Though.. it may just be worth it, if we can expect them to last as long as these have...

-Ty

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Glad you like them! We have got a lot of new things in as of late, and I have been using all different atties/cartos through the course of a week. But.. when I need something that is just gonna work, I grab one of the EGO 2.0 ohm cartos. They are very consistent, and typically only require topping off once a day (YMMV).

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
Glad you like them! We have got a lot of new things in as of late, and I have been using all different atties/cartos through the course of a week. But.. when I need something that is just gonna work, I grab one of the EGO 2.0 ohm cartos. They are very consistent, and typically only require topping off once a day (YMMV).

Question about the 2.0 ohm single coil Ego 'mega' carto....is this a newish product? I've been looking for something like this for a while. Even a 1.7 ohm version would be awesome (jumbo ressurector!).

The dual coil/1.5 ohm version just seems underpowered on an ego (3.4 volts). It also eats battery power for breakfast. If I can get boge 2.0 performance with 4 - 5 ml capacity, wow, sign me up :2cool:

Also, are you 'testing' these for smoktech, and will they be mass produced if they do well? I'm gonna order some right now

Last edited:

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
djej,
They are newish. just a couple months old. Smok Tech is not mass-producing these. These were a special order by myself. I do not believe they are available elsewhere.

I know what you mean about the dual coils on an ego. The EGO is about 3.5v output, with a couple 3 ohm coils, only gives you 4 watts. maybe its 4 watts x 2 coils... but that doesn't make 8 watts. I've been using a 2.0 dual coil, at 5v, for about 6.25 watts. that's a very nice combo.

I have just approached Smok Tech about a revision to these cartos. They are a bit long, and I have asked they make them the same size as the EGO-T Type B atties. One concern that's been voiced, is the current cartos may hold "too much" juice. I can understand these sentiments, having brooded in the Burning Carto thread for so long. After the revision, they may look at mass-producing them again, but that is up to them. I and my customers know they work, and I am happy to special order them, if need be.

I will have Riva - XL Carto Deluxe kits on the way soon, packed with these cartos. Abe also plans to stock them in the UK.

Ty

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
djej,
They are newish. just a couple months old. Smok Tech is not mass-producing these. These were a special order by myself. I do not believe they are available elsewhere.

I know what you mean about the dual coils on an ego. The EGO is about 3.5v output, with a couple 3 ohm coils, only gives you 4 watts. maybe its 4 watts x 2 coils... but that doesn't make 8 watts. I've been using a 2.0 dual coil, at 5v, for about 6.25 watts. that's a very nice combo.

I have just approached Smok Tech about a revision to these cartos. They are a bit long, and I have asked they make them the same size as the EGO-T Type B atties. One concern that's been voiced, is the current cartos may hold "too much" juice. I can understand these sentiments, having brooded in the Burning Carto thread for so long. After the revision, they may look at mass-producing them again, but that is up to them. I and my customers know they work, and I am happy to special order them, if need be.

I will have Riva - XL Carto Deluxe kits on the way soon, packed with these cartos. Abe also plans to stock them in the UK.

Ty

Thats great news. It's really crazy...I was just thinking to myself about 3 days ago - "I wish that there existed an EMDCC style carto that was a little smaller, with a single coil around 2ohms." That's EXACTLY what's going on here!!!! Well, maybe everything but the smaller size, but it sounds like that might be a possibility in the future. I just ordered 3 of these today - I hope they rock like I think they should, and will keep ordering for sure if they do.

I do use my EMDCC's on a VV box mod, but this sounds like the ticket for ego batteries.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
djej,

Ty

Regards from the "Burning" thread... We miss you! :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Question about the 2.0 ohm single coil Ego 'mega' carto....is this a newish product? I've been looking for something like this for a while. Even a 1.7 ohm version would be awesome (jumbo ressurector!).

The dual coil/1.5 ohm version just seems underpowered on an ego (3.4 volts). It also eats battery power for breakfast. If I can get boge 2.0 performance with 4 - 5 ml capacity, wow, sign me up :2cool:

Also, are you 'testing' these for smoktech, and will they be mass produced if they do well? I'm gonna order some right now

I would love to see Boge performance with 2 ml capacity.... :)

The Resurrectors are just perfect--not too small and not too big.

Poor Ty.

Hard to please everyone. :D

Either way, those cartos are great! I like Smoktech single-coil cartos alot.

Last edited:

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
I would love to see Boge performance with 2 ml capacity.... :)

The Resurrectors are just perfect--not too small and not too big.

Poor Ty.

Hard to please everyone. :D

Either way, those cartos are great! I like Smoktech single-coil cartos alot.

I like the way emdcc's are the same diameter of the ego battery - gives a nice finished look. These at 2.5 or 3ml would be pretty slick I think (with a single coil).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread