Not open for further replies.

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Hello,

I just got hold of a couple of Magnetos, and I'm liking them so far.

I only use AW 18650s, and will only be using Protank type devices on these, so no lower than ~1.8 ohm. Does anyone know where I can get a fuse that'll fit? I realise some of them are pretty thin, but it'd be nice to know what my options are from first hand experience. I don't mind if a bit of thread shows, I do mind if the mod falls apart frequently.

Also, there's a spring in them, impossible to get at without fully dismantling the mod (removing glue). I'm assuming it's in the circuit and a hot spring, but I don't know. Anyone actually got at it to examine it? Or collapsed it through a short, rather than mechanically? I'd like to order a few high quality replacements to have on hand. I'm in the UK, but realistically the only way I'm going to be able to do this is to order from the States, so if anyone knows of any that fit, and that will definitely collapse under high current, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hello,

I just got hold of a couple of Magnetos, and I'm liking them so far.

I only use AW 18650s, and will only be using Protank type devices on these, so no lower than ~1.8 ohm. Does anyone know where I can get a fuse that'll fit? I realise some of them are pretty thin, but it'd be nice to know what my options are from first hand experience. I don't mind if a bit of thread shows, I do mind if the mod falls apart frequently.

Also, there's a spring in them, impossible to get at without fully dismantling the mod (removing glue). I'm assuming it's in the circuit and a hot spring, but I don't know. Anyone actually got at it to examine it? Or collapsed it through a short, rather than mechanically? I'd like to order a few high quality replacements to have on hand. I'm in the UK, but realistically the only way I'm going to be able to do this is to order from the States, so if anyone knows of any that fit, and that will definitely collapse under high current, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't own a Magneto, so I can't comment on the spring, but safety fuses can be purchased at many different vendors.

Smoktech VapeSafe Fuse

This one is made by Smoktech, so I'm assuming it will fit the Magneto fine. :)

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
I think they're all fairly standard diameter (not to say they'll all fit all mods, but they're *fairly* standard).

What I'm asking really (probably should have worded it a bit more succinctly ;) ) is how long a fuse can I fit in 18650 mode without stretching the telescope out too far?

I realise that's somewhat subjective, but it'd be good to have a rough idea.

Edit - here's some evidence that the spring is a hot spring, collapsing on an overdischarging 18350. It would be good to have additional confirmation though.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...0-im-thinking-about-magneto.html#post11058794

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread