SMOK Tech Magneto RSST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalaniboi81

May 23, 2014
Tacoma,WA,USA
Good Morning ECF!

I've been looking for new rba's out there that not only perform up to snuff, but that also look good on my magneto. I'm currently using a Trident V1 which looks decent and performs AWESOME. I stumbled across an RTA called the smok Tech Magneto RSST on kidneypuncher.com. Like i said it's a tank rebuild-able, but all the pictures I've seen of it are only with it assembled so i have no idea what the post look like or how it performs overall. If anyone knows anything about this particular RTA that could give some insight it would be greatly appreciated! The main pro about this RTA that i noticed right off the bat is that it replaces the top cap so it essentially turns the Magneto into a hybrid :) which is great because that helps decrease the amount of voltage drop from the battery to top cap to atomizer, and i am a sub ohm kinda guy so yeah pretty awesome! Have a great weekend ECF and VAPE ON!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
From what I see, the Magneto is a mechanical mod with a proprietary thread. The RSST tank that comes with it if you buy the combo looks a lot like my SmokTech Genesis RSST. The text at the web site you mentioned says that the tank must be used with the Magneto mechanical mod. That would lock you into one atomizer for that mech mod. I prefer being able to use any 510 atomizer I want with any mod. If you buy the Genesis RSST from Smoktech it works with all 510 mods. My Genesis works on my Provari just fine. I can't see why it couldn't be used on any other device except for the fact that it looks like the center contact on the Magneto is elongated. That would make it incompatible with a standard 510 connection.

Magneto RSST RBA - Kidney Puncher

Product Description

Smoktech Magneto RSST RBA

This device must be used with a Magneto Mechanical Mod for here: SmokTech Magneto - Stainless Steel or SmokTech Magneto - Brass. When you remove the Magneto's top cap this RBA threads directly on top of the unit turning it into a hybrid device. This new version of the RSST now has adjustable airflow so you can set it to your liking. It even allows for smooth lung hits!! The new version comes with a positive thumb screw for easy coil installation.

I've only had the RSST for a short while. I've been using a #350 mesh wick and finally wrapped a new mesh wick around a 2mm silica wick to enhance liquid wicking. The flavor is really good, but you have to tilt it to ensure that the wick is immersed in the juice for good wicking. I haven't developed the wick making technique to assure strong wicking of even 100% PG juice.

In the meantime, I like my Aspire Nautilus tank much better than the Genesis RSST. Maybe I'll get the knack of wicking the RSST and like it better.

Last edited:

Kalaniboi81

May 23, 2014
Tacoma,WA,USA
I wonder if there's enough room for dual twisted 28 GA coil? I know that coil burns juice fast and i'm not sure if even with the tank system it would be able to supply the coil with juice fast enough to keep it from constantly dry burning. I love the thought of a tank system because driving and dripping is a pain in the freakin ...! and plain out not safe so having a rebuild able tank system would be great for that reason alone, just swap out atty's and be on my way. I have never used an RTA so i'm not sure how it all works as far as wicking goes. I'd imagine it's just wick through your coil like always and then instead of stuffing it all around the post you would have it hang in the tank. I know you get what you pay for and for $45 bucks i'd imagine it has to perform on a decent level, and look cool as hell on the magneto.

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
WIN_20140604_025059.jpg
WIN_20140604_025105.jpg
With SS Tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread