Status
Not open for further replies.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
this same vendor also sells a regular dct cart for 3.00. other vendors i'm sure will be selling them cheaper. if it has a longer lifespan and cleaner flavor I think it would be worth the extra .50. also, they may be cleanable. as far as a rebuild on a filler carto, not sure how you could remove the filler without breaking the wire connections.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've done some research attempting to learn more about these new cartomizers. The most useful information that I have found is this brief review from Vaporcruz, a blogspot:

________

"The Smoktech Nickel Mesh Cartomizer represents another evolutionary step in the cartomizer.

This cartomizer is designed for use in a carto tank. It has three wicking holes and the familiar "tabbed" base that have been seen on a variety of "tank cartos".

This cartomizer varies from past designs in a couple of significant ways. First the heating coil is positioned horizontally rather than vertically. Second there is none of the familiar wicking material inside the fill the tube of the carto that required the user to thoroughly saturate prior to use.

Instead, there is a ring of nickel mesh that is used to wick e-liquid from the outside of the carto inside and on to the coil.

This makes the nickel mesh carto a breeze to use. Obviously, with no stuffing, there is no need to "pre-fill" this carto. All that is necessary is to drip one to three drops inside and down to the coil to moisten it. From that point, the holes in the carto do a good job of wicking the e-liquid into the mesh and onto the coil.

Vapor, flavor and throat hit is very good and I have not observed any gurgling.

I will say that compared to the Smoktech Dual Coil that has vertical coils and wicking material inside, the flavor is different.

Since taste is subjective, the user will have to decide whether the difference is to their liking or not.
What I will say is that for ease of use, the Smoktech nickel mesh carto gets my vote and the vapor flavor and throat hit are acceptable to me.

I installed one into a humble Smoktech tank 3.5 ml size and used it for several enjoyable tankfuls.

Tanks are a very convenient option and this carto in a 2.0ohm resistance is something that can be used in a carto tank on something like an eGo battery right up to the high tech mods, like the eVic.

One last consideration might be economy. Because the Smoktech nickel mesh carto doesn't require pre-filling, there should be less e-liquid going to waste in a carto that has developed an off color taste or has a draw that has tightened...I like that."

_____

They do indeed appear to be a new design. I may need to try some of these myself. :)

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
this is an interesting concept. the carto appears to be very atty-like. the photo posted on the previous page looks more like an atty than anything. it would certainly be cool to have atty-like flavor and in a tank design.

i am however a bit leary on the flavor. the blog report says that the flavor is "different". this, to me, means worse. if it were better, he would have said "better", not different. im pretty sure anyone would jump at the chance to say "better flavor". perhaps im nitpicking, but to me the blog writer wants to remain honest, but also encourage use of this new design.

another thing to keep in mind is that the mesh clearos that were developed not too long ago, got a horrible review from Smokey. he mentioned that the flavor was non-existant. the design is not the same, so i will remain open-minded. but i am skeptical. i will wait for multiple positive reports until i invest time and energy into this one. but thanks for posting! :)

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Okay, I am still on my first atty so don't consider this report gospel. First, let me set the benchmark. Back in the days before BogeGate, when Boge's were the best cartos, I considered that a great vape. I have never been a dripper though I have tried a few times without much success. And there is a learning curve with any new device.

At this point I will say these atties are good but not great. Vapor, flavor, and throat hit are good, but not great. Heavier liquids will occasionally have feeding issues. This could be remedied by punching another hole.

These tank atties are very easy to prime compared to tank cartos. No filling and waiting. Put three drops directly on the coil, fill the tank, and vape. Another nice feature is that there is no residual flavor. Once the tank is empty (first dry hit) refill with a different flavor, prime, and vape. The old flavor is gone.

I definitely want to hear other opinions. Maybe somebody knows a trick or two that would improve the vape.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
would you describe the flavor as closer to a cart or an RBA.
That's a bit of an unfair comparison. A better one would be cartomizer vs atomizer.

An RBA is in another league.

I just received my Smoktech Nickle Mesh DCT cart/attomizer (what DO you call these things, anyway?) yesterday and have yet to try one in one of my tanks yet. Maybe later tonight I can get to it. I just got my first bottom feeder mod, an Vapage VMod XL, yesterday also and I've been trialing that off and on today. Looks like there's a little bit of a learning curve with this, too.

Thanks for your initial impression and the tip on pre-filling these, Jimmy Jet. :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread