Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Ok, I bought this tank over a month ago and love it. For those of you that don't know about this tank it is more or less a one piece tank with a bottom locking ring to lock the cartomizer to the tank. No more accidentally pulling the tank off the carto while removing it from my pocket or some other reason. It does not have any end caps that can be removed so I suggest picking up one of the DCT fillers. This makes filling a breeze. I have heard that this tank will cause air flow issues on some devices such as the Provari. I have a YJ Lavatube and have no issues with it but on my old Volcano Lavatube I have a little bit of an air flow issue but it doesn't bother me much. You could also purchase an air flow controller for $3 to fix the issue.

IMAG0388.jpg IMAG0389.jpg IMAG0390.jpg IMAG0391.jpg IMAG0392.jpg

Last edited:

Roofieo

Jan 30, 2013
NorCal
I've been using CE4 Clearomizers and been thinking about trying out a cartomizer tank. I have been looking at the skinny udct for my ego twist, but am curious about using other cartomizers with it. Any recommendations or will it have to be Smoktech cartomizers exclusively?

"The Struggle, to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles."

ndnshift

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Redmond
had some for about a month too... no leaking and they have been working great. only downside is juice usage, but that can be said for any DC carto.

btw, i vape bobas through it with no wicking problems, but i mix up 30ml at a time with a few drops of scotch for any way that i use bobas. interesting test that i showed a friend a few weeks ago. fill a 30ml bottle with bobas. fill another but put a few drops of scotch or other alcohol... hold one in either hand and tilt them back and forth. no alcohol = syrup, alcohol = viscosity closer to normal juices. it's amazing what just a few drops do.

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Use any 45mm cartomizer. I prefer the flanged ones myself and I have 2 of these tanks. No issues, no leakage. I do normally get the smoketech cartomizers, but have used the ones from Health Cabin with no problems also. I do have an air flow problem when tightened down on my VAMO, I just unscrew it a turn or so. Smoketech was out of stock on the air control values when I ordered. Will get more and the value next month!!

yelibe

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
San Jose
I have been a stardust user for about 6 months now and wanted to get a tank. I got this tank. Mine leaks and gurgles like mad. Right now I have to say that I hate this thing. It is my first cartomizer tank and I am sad. I have it on an ego-t. It shouldn't be a problem but it is. I have a flanged locking bottom carto in it too. It doesn't make a difference. I feel like cartos are a no go. I wish it were not the case.

I have 4 of these tanks that I will never use again. They leak like crazy, no airflow (using on my provari and other mods). I personally dislike these tanks but that's just my opinion.

yelibe

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
San Jose
Using this thing for the first time it gurgles really badly. I blew out the excess but noticed that all the oil was blowing out of the tank too. I have wasted a lot of oil on this thing too. I feel like I'm wasting tons of money on cartos and oil to try to make it work. I either get gurgling or filler. I got these cartomizers to go in it: http://www.madvapes.com/tank-replacement-single-coil-dual-punched-cartomizers-1-7-ohms.html. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

yelibe

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
San Jose
Yesterday I think I got nicotine sick because of all the leaking and gurgling while I was trying to vape at work. I was probably drinking this liquid more than vaping it. And if it does not gurgle it vapes dry cartomizer filling. Maybe this is because of the cartomizer. I'm sure it is. I think I've just never experienced a cartomizer this bad and I'm not sure how to handle it. I'm glad I only ordered two. Not knowing that there was a cartomizer locking feature, or I knew but didn't know what that was, I blew a bunch of money on extra cartomoizers that only had the flanged bottoms but not meant to fit into the locking grooves. So those leaked all over the place.

yelibe

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
San Jose
Can you really? Is there any instruction on taking them apart and cleaning them anywhere? I would be very interested in something like that.

Yes they do. I used them in my UDCT when I was still using them. I thought they gave better flavor over regular cartos and you can take them apart and clean them.

jwark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Use any 45mm cartomizer. I prefer the flanged ones myself and I have 2 of these tanks. No issues, no leakage. I do normally get the smoketech cartomizers, but have used the ones from Health Cabin with no problems also. I do have an air flow problem when tightened down on my VAMO, I just unscrew it a turn or so. Smoketech was out of stock on the air control values when I ordered. Will get more and the value next month!!

I have a vamo v2. I actually get TOO much airflow with this tank and the hits are full of too much air. You don't get enough? Strange. I guess it's personal preference or just the typical lack of industry standards these days.

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Can you really? Is there any instruction on taking them apart and cleaning them anywhere? I would be very interested in something like that.

Not that I know of but I would pratice with taking an old cartomizer apart. You have to have it screwed onto something and I used an old 510 cig styled device and you kind of rock it back and forth but not to hard or you will break the center tube. Just do that and pull upwards or the opposite of the threaded part and it comes apart. I attached a video I just made for you. Maybe it will help some others also.

Last edited:

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
I have a vamo v2. I actually get TOO much airflow with this tank and the hits are full of too much air. You don't get enough? Strange. I guess it's personal preference or just the typical lack of industry standards these days.

Have you tried it with and with out the locking ring? Does it make any difference for you with the air flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread