Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
I recently picked up a AGR+ over at: AGR+ Pyrex Carto Tank - Kidney Puncher

This is the Pyrex Glass carto tank with the locking system for non-flanged cartomizers. I couldn't find anything about this tank anywhere, only the other versions of it. I figured stainless steel, pyrex glass, Locking system, fill hole...18 dollars? How can I go wrong?

Nice stainless steel, THICK pyrex glass (almost as thick as the two IBTanked cartomizer tanks I have). Very light scratching on some of the stainless, barely visible unless you press your face to it. It comes with two stainless center posts and two glass tubes, one for standard length cartomizers and one for XL cartomizers. It was preassembled with the standard size tank already on it. TIGHTLY. It took some of those rubber gripper pads you use to open jars with for me to unscrew it, but once it was it went back together nicely and wasn't a issue getting it back apart with my bare hands.

Once I put a cartomizer in it I noticed that the cartomizer isn't flush with the top of the tank, its slightly lower than it. At first I thought this was a issue, but my drip tips fit fine and snug so wasn't anything to worry about.

Next up, the fill hole. I have read people flooding there cartomizers using the fill hole on the other models. This was not the case for me. I used a needle bottle and did not press the top of the bottle up against the hole blocking airflow, and slowly filled it to allow air to escape. I filled it all the way to the top and nothing flooded.

Now, I DID get leakage from the bottom. At first, I thought it was just a defect in the tank, but it turns I had tightened the locking part on as tight as I could, and I guess your not supposed to do that because it was pinching the inside o-ring allowing it to leak. I backed off the locking part and the leak stopped, and it hasn't leaked since then. I'm now have almost a empty tank and there has been no leaking or flooding.

Couple more things worth mentioning. the fill hole screw WILL block most drip tips with a wide base. I have found a couple ways around this depending on your situation.

1) Use a different drip tip.
2) Use XL cartomizers with the normal size tank. This will allow the cartomizer to stick out the top enough that it will elevate the drip tip past the fill screw.
3) Use one of those stackable drip tip spacers.
4) With some modification, you could probably either alter the drip tip or the fill screw (or both) if you REALLY wanted a certain drip tip on it.

Overall, for 18 dollars you can't go wrong. Its compare glass to my IBTanked glass (just a little thinner), the fill hole works, the locking system works really well, and it comes with tanks for regular and XL cartomizers. It does NOT come with a drip tip or a cartomizer. As far as vaping out of it, well, let's be honest, its a carto tank. It vapes as well as the carto inside of it. I'm just using a Boge XL and it works great.

If you have any other questions or want pictures of specific parts let me know. I'm finishing up what I have in it now and I can clean it out and snap some shots.

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
Yes I am lovng my 2 AGR+ tanks. I got 8 days out of the last Boge carto I installed in it, and it was a lovely consistent run, no flooding, no flavour loss, no burning taste, and big clouds. It seems to consume eliquid at a slower rate, so a tank full lasts a couple of days, and I can fill that tank up to the brim, and it never leaks even if it ends up upside down in my bag. What I love the most is that I get a consistent vape every single time I pick my mod up. It just works. Nice.

PBusardo reviewed the tank and he had major airflow and flooding problems, but I haven't had any of that. Maybe UD fixed the airflow with a revision, I don't know.

legionvr6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
los angeles
just picked up the AGR (plastic tank) but OMG loving it. let me say this plainly. i love the flavor that comes out of a carto but hate that if i hand someone or pick it up the the tank it may slip off and get juice every where or break something. this turns a carto tank setup into the same thing as your every day protank setup. every part except the drip tip is locked into place.

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
Pleeeeeze...

Could some kind Vaper put up a photo of the AGR with no carto in it, or is the tube in the photo above part of the tank, and not a Carto ?
I want a safe glass tank for a Killer, and this seems a good bet, but I don't know if it has a tube in its' middle or if it's a carto, as it's in all the photos... :(

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
Kidney Puncher has an in-house upgraded model.They machined another air hole in the top and milled out the air grooves 3X.Its $40 I like the idea of 2 size glass tanks. I have a SmokTank XL DCT with bottom locking ring and uses flanged cartos.Works very well[$13 at smoktek].I got the 3 hole 45mm cartos for thick juice.Kindney puncher has the stock AGR+ tank for $18

Last edited:

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
I recently picked up a AGR+
Now, I DID get leakage from the bottom. At first, I thought it was just a defect in the tank, but it turns I had tightened the locking part on as tight as I could, and I guess your not supposed to do that because it was pinching the inside o-ring allowing it to leak. I backed off the locking part and the leak stopped, and it hasn't leaked since then. I'm now have almost a empty tank and there has been no leaking or flooding.
If you have any other questions or want pictures of specific parts let me know. I'm finishing up what I have in it now and I can clean it out and snap some shots.
aloha Frosty!
If you manage to catch this, I'm taking you up on an offer from a year back! First off, Im curious if you're still using AGR+ or have given up on them? However, that's not the reason for writing. I cant for the life of me keep the AGR+s from leaking like crazy!! all I can say is HELP! please? any ideas? I bought 2 after loving the original 2 with the polymer tanks...except as we all know the poly tanks eventually broke at the threaded ends. When I saw Pyrex tanks I grabbed 2 ASAP;
BIG mistake. Just exactly like PBusardos video reviews mine leak so profusing at the point where the locking bottom meets the cut out air flow channels, the entire contents of tank will flow out in <10 minutes! Yes, thats NOT an exaggeration, rendering them completely worthless, not to mention the mess, the loss of liquid etc.
Yes, I tried backing off tightening of the top to bottom with the glass in between. that's not the leak area. You can watch 4 drops come down the outer SS bottom at the points of the outer air channels/grooves. The fluid however appears to come from the bottom of the cartomizer protrusion and the liquid is following the path of least resistance or the air channels. im thinking the inner O rings are crap? in both??.The bottom threads of the 510 carts are as wet as they can be. im using Boge XL and have tried the XXL in longer pyrex..(not that there's any difference what so ever).
Before I trash the both, Im reaching out for possible ideas.
Any would be appreciated. You can post here or a private message, what ever you wish.
Thanks you for any possible thoughts you can share- good, bad or indifferent.
All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread