Smok TFV4 Competitor - IJOY Reaper Plus Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4DJ1N64N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Indonesia
Thank you for the picture. It looks like the tank only held by an o-ring in the center airpost, but I'm not sure, because I have tried to pull it and it won't budge. When I tried to unscrew the top portion, i have no grip because the whole thing is rotating on it's own(top airflow & fill port cover).

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Thank you for the picture. It looks like the tank only held by an o-ring in the center airpost, but I'm not sure, because I have tried to pull it and it won't budge. When I tried to unscrew the top portion, i have no grip because the whole thing is rotating on it's own(top airflow & fill port cover).
When the bottom is off, can you pull the glass out and then unscrew the rest of it? I haven't tried to take mine totally apart yet so I am unsure of the best way to do that. I probably should, though, because I still use it every day! :shock:

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
It looks like the black version is finally coming soon. I just saw that efun.top is starting to take pre-orders for the black tank, but it doesn't list a delivery date. Ijoy reaper plus tank - $19.99

This is the first tank that takes pre-made coils that I've considered buying since my STM. I like the versatility with all the future coil choices, including ceramic, single coil RBA and of course a V-deck dual coil RBA. I've been waiting for a black version to make up my mind, so hopefully sooner than later.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
It looks like the black version is finally coming soon. I just saw that efun.top is starting to take pre-orders for the black tank, but it doesn't list a delivery date. Ijoy reaper plus tank - $19.99

This is the first tank that takes pre-made coils that I've considered buying since my STM. I like the versatility with all the future coil choices, including ceramic, single coil RBA and of course a V-deck dual coil RBA. I've been waiting for a black version to make up my mind, so hopefully sooner than later.
I just saw that, too! I truly love my Reaper Plus. I will pick up a black one when they come out. I am dying for them to release the ceramic coils for this tank! :)

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
When the bottom is off, can you pull the glass out and then unscrew the rest of it? I haven't tried to take mine totally apart yet so I am unsure of the best way to do that. I probably should, though, because I still use it every day! :shock:
Maybe this will help you . . .

reaper-plus-details.jpg

EDIT:

:facepalm: You already posted that. :facepalm:

Yes, it comes apart totally for cleaning.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I wish I could get some of the ICC Ceramic Heads for it. I am eager to try them. :thumb:

I love the Reaper with the RBA from the Kit, but I also love Ceramics.
I only used the RBA once and I actually really liked it. I am just a #lazyvaper who really loves the ceramic tech, though, so I am dying to try those ICC heads. Not sure what the holdup is, but hopefully it means they will be amazing right from release! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Maybe this will help you . . .

reaper-plus-details.jpg

EDIT:

:facepalm: You already posted that. :facepalm:

Yes, it comes apart totally for cleaning.
I did, but your graphic is way prettier than the one I posted! I am actually going to need to completely clean mine after this weekend. I have been running some really sweet apple bakery juice through it for the past few (many) tanks so I know it's way overdue for a good cleansing. I want to do a bunch of tanks at once but I'm afraid if I throw a bunch of parts into the US cleaner I won't remember what goes to what. :D I suppose I could just do them one at a time, or put each tank's parts into individual baggies with water and clean them that way. I'll think of something. There's nothing like a fresh, clean tank! :)

Reactions: 100%VG

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I only used the RBA once and I actually really liked it. I am just a #lazyvaper who really loves the ceramic tech, though, so I am dying to try those ICC heads. Not sure what the holdup is, but hopefully it means they will be amazing right from release! :)
I think the holdup was with the ceramics manufacturer, seems I read that somewhere, but for the life of me can't remember where. It looks like they will have two different type of ceramic coils, one similar to Vaporesso and another similar to what's used in the Krixus, at least from what I can tell from the photo. Should be interesting.....

201602151253233650.jpg

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I couldn't agree more. :thumb:
I think the holdup was with the ceramics manufacturer, seems I read that somewhere, but for the life of me can't remember where. It looks like they will have two different type of ceramic coils, one similar to Vaporesso and another similar to what's used in the Krixus, at least from what I can tell from the photo. Should be interesting.....

201602151253233650.jpg
The Rebuildable ICCs look like they took my suggestions directly from the Vaporesso Target thread. :D Exciting possibilities. :w00t: Now I want a 5-pack of each kind. :lol:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I did, but your graphic is way prettier than the one I posted! I am actually going to need to completely clean mine after this weekend. I have been running some really sweet apple bakery juice through it for the past few (many) tanks so I know it's way overdue for a good cleansing. I want to do a bunch of tanks at once but I'm afraid if I throw a bunch of parts into the US cleaner I won't remember what goes to what. :D I suppose I could just do them one at a time, or put each tank's parts into individual baggies with water and clean them that way. I'll think of something. There's nothing like a fresh, clean tank! :)
The parts are big, so you should be able to easily tell how they go back together. Just disassemble it and put them all in your UC. You can refer to that big picture if you need help reassembling it.

Last edited:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation

201602151253233650.jpg
Yesssss!! I think I do remember hearing that they were redesigning the ones they originally had. Both of these look good to me. I haven't tried the Krixus-style ceramic coils yet but I want to. I already know I love the Vaporesso-style ones!! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
The parts are big, so you should be able to easily tell how they go back together. Just disassemble it and put them all in your UC. You can refer to that big picture if you need help reassembling it.
I would like to think I could figure it out, but I have 6 different styles of tank and if I just throw a bunch of disassembled parts together in there I can definitely see it becoming a project, trying to figure out what goes where, lol. The Reaper should be pretty easyk, though, because it is very different from my other tanks. It really is a great tank for me, and once I can go ceramic it just might be my very favorite tank!

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I haven't tried the Krixus-style ceramic coils yet but I want to. I already know I love the Vaporesso-style ones!! :)
I was going to get a Krixus, but there was a note about them:
"We don’t recommend using this tank on devices that offer real-time resistance calculations while firing (like DNA200 chipsets)"​
:cry:

So I called to ask if they would work OK with the Ohms unlocked, or would I have to use another mod. Got the answering system, so I'm hoping for a callback.

But I'm surprised you want one... they don't come in Pink. :lol:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I was going to get a Krixus, but there was a note about them:
"We don’t recommend using this tank on devices that offer real-time resistance calculations while firing (like DNA200 chipsets)"​
:cry:

So I called to ask if they would work OK with the Ohms unlocked, or would I have to use another mod. Got the answering system, so I'm hoping for a callback.

But I'm surprised you want one... they don't come in Pink. :lol:
Oh I don't need the tank, just the coils! I'm sure I can find something pink to run them in. :D

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I have a Krixus on the way. Merry Krixus to me. :lol: I'll let you know if the coils fit anything else. :thumb:

I'll be using it on my Cuboid. :D
Ha! Merry Krixus! :D Yes I would love to know if the coils might fit in something I already have. I really expected to be seeing more ceramic tech from some of the major players by now. Still, it's very exciting to see what's being developed and I am getting antsy to see what's to come!

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Ha! Merry Krixus! :D Yes I would love to know if the coils might fit in something I already have. I really expected to be seeing more ceramic tech from some of the major players by now. Still, it's very exciting to see what's being developed and I am getting antsy to see what's to come!
Have you seen Krixus coil heads available separately yet? They will be needed eventually, but should last about as long as the Guo Altus CVU does. Oh, I learned that there's a Ramp Up time to them. Not as much as the CVU, but it has one. This ceramic is not as massive as the CVU, so I guess it gets to Temp faster.

I need to get the TC/TCR/TFR for the Krixus, too. But if the coil head fits anything I have, I'll let you know. And also about how well it works with the Cuboid and other devices. I was told to lock the Ohms, which I usually do not do. You generally get a more accurate Temp by not locking Ohms, and a more regular vape by locking it. I have been going for more accurate Temp up to now, but I was told that these new ceramics need to be Locked. They work better Locked on the DNA 200, too, but even better on something like the Cuboid. I'm jazzed about getting it and experimenting with it.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Have you seen Krixus coil heads available separately yet? They will be needed eventually, but should last about as long as the Guo Altus CVU does. Oh, I learned that there's a Ramp Up time to them. Not as much as the CVU, but it has one. This ceramic is not as massive as the CVU, so I guess it gets to Temp faster.

I need to get the TC/TCR/TFR for the Krixus, too. But if the coil head fits anything I have, I'll let you know. And also about how well it works with the Cuboid and other devices. I was told to lock the Ohms, which I usually do not do. You generally get a more accurate Temp by not locking Ohms, and a more regular vape by locking it. I have been going for more accurate Temp up to now, but I was told that these new ceramics need to be Locked. They work better Locked on the DNA 200, too, but even better on something like the Cuboid. I'm jazzed about getting it and experimenting with it.
I do remember hearing about there being a ramp up time, which is probably why I haven't been tracking them very closely. I am very much looking forward to hearing what you think of them, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread