Smok TFV8 Baby coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

szabadt

Aug 13, 2017
I bought a smok Alien mod with TFV8 Baby. I would like to gather more information about the TFV8 coils (TFV8 Baby Big Family - SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!) to find out which one is best suited for me.

I found a great comparison chart for Joyetech Cubis pro mini coils (see below). Is there a similar chart for Smok TFV8 coils?

CUBIS_Pro_Mini_Atomizer_07.png

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
None of them last long. Try to get a rba section and save a lot of money. I hate them coils burning gunking muting flavor
Yeah, yeah, yeah... get an RBA and you'll save money, they said. It'll be fun, they said. You'll get better flavor they said.

I wonder what would happen if I dropped into the Rebuildable Atomizer Systems forum and talked up the time and hassle saving benefits of using tanks with only drop in coils.

Time spent building coils is time I didn't spend vaping or making babies.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Yeah, yeah, yeah... get an RBA and you'll save money, they said. It'll be fun, they said. You'll get better flavor they said.

I wonder what would happen if I dropped into the Rebuildable Atomizer Systems forum and talked up the time and hassle saving benefits of using tanks with only drop in coils.

I have the RBA section for the big baby. I have used them with the preinstalled coils and 2 months in, all I have done was clean the coil (dry burn empty) and rewick. It really doesn't take too long.

Vukmir

Jul 13, 2017

Then dont build coils, get them pre built claptons, tigers etc extremely cheap on aliexpress for example and use rba. Or get another tank with prebuilt coils because tfv8 baby coils suck, u might spend a tank price on coils in 2 months. They last 5 days max - preserving the flavor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Then dont build coils, get them pre built claptons, tigers etc extremely cheap on aliexpress for example and use rba. Or get another tank with prebuilt coils because tfv8 baby coils suck, u might spend a tank price on coils in 2 months. They last 5 days max - preserving the flavor

I've been using the same four BB coils in my two BB tanks for almost five weeks now.

On average, each one has vaporized about 70ml (~8ml/day x 35 days)/4 coils.

If I pay $12/pack of coils, each coil costs $2.40. That's a cost of about $.03 per ml. At that cost, my time is worth more than my money.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I've been using the same four BB coils in my two BB tanks for almost five weeks now.

On average, each one has vaporized about 70ml (~8ml/day x 35 days)/4 coils.

If I pay $12/pack of coils, each coil costs $2.40. That's a cost of about $.03 per ml. At that cost, my time is worth more than my money.
Mine last at least 2 weeks, i do chain vape it much more than you do though (like 20 ml/day) bought the tank before august started and i just changed the coil for the other included yesterday i'd say it's pretty good just like my 2 other tanks lol

Vukmir

Jul 13, 2017
Mine last at least 2 weeks, i do chain vape it much more than you do though (like 20 ml/day) bought the tank before august started and i just changed the coil for the other included yesterday i'd say it's pretty good just like my 2 other tanks lol

What version of those coils do you use? The ones i tried lasted around 30 mls of usage. You say 14 days * 20 ml = 280 mls of liquid on a single coil, incredible.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
What version of those coils do you use? The ones i tried lasted around 30 mls of usage. You say 14 days * 20 ml = 280 mls of liquid on a single coil, incredible.

I had the ones that came in the box (x4,t6), i don't use juices that gunk up the coil very fast (only fruity flavors) most of my juices are clear and used at about 50 watts max. Not that amazing tbh my Fat Scylla and original nautilus both lasted on a single coil 2 weeks too (though the nautilus was closer to 20 watts). I don't chain vape often either,mostly couple vapes from time to time,and i wait a bit between each puffs.

Reactions: DQuit

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada

Can I like this post multiple times? Apparently you're not "really" vaping unless you build your rig completely from scratch.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Building vs not building. It boils down to personal preference. I used to build, but I stopped due to wanting to do other things with my time. But the one thing I did miss from building was the ability to rewick and used the same coil after cleaning it. Each coil would last me at least 2 months easy. So now, I am back into "building". Pre-made RDA/RTA coils are getting insanely cheap to buy. I bought a coilology 7-1 kit. That is 42 coils at 14.99. And it comes out to 36 cents per coil. I have a box of organic cotton I bought for like 10 bucks 5 years ago that is barely even touched. Anyways in a single coil build, this coil kit can theoretically last me 7 years for 15 dollars. 3+ years if doing dual coil builds. I can install a new coil and wick my SMM RTA in 3 minutes.

But then again there is something to be said about popping in drop in coils as well. It is very easy and the biggest benefit of these coils to me is if I have to change them on the fly or out and about. My wife accidentally burned her coil when she didn't realize she ran her tank dry. A few minutes later, she was priming her tank with no fuss. When I am out, I have my RTA and/or my RDA as well as my Baby Beast with the plug in coils as a back up. As much as I love building an RTA or RDA, I don't want to have to do it out and about.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Building vs not building. It boils down to personal preference.
Absolutely correct.

What folks don't take into account is the economic value of leisure time, which can be roughly estimated as one-half of the wage rate earned by the individual. And since any part of an hour means that the entire hour is committed to gainful work, leisure activity or prep/travel/other sunk costs associated with either work or leisure, it doesn't matter if the individual can complete the activity in five minutes or 45.

If you earn $25.00/hr working, then a 5-minute build has $12.50 in opportunity cost.

But there's satisfaction derived by successfully building that coil. Ask any coil builder--solving a vexing problem or building on a really difficult deck is immensely pleasurable. That satisfaction (which economists call utility) has an economic value which offsets some of the economic cost of obtaining it. Otherwise, the individual wouldn't be doing it. The same thing happens with DIY liquids--Who doesn't love nailing a recipe for a killer RY4?

Utility values defy quantification. It's why the argument of buying vs building never ends. Entire doctoral theses have been written to describe ways of measuring the value of a recreational activity like... tying the perfect popping bug... or coil building... or, juice mixing. Look at the mech vs regulated debate. Same thing.

All of this is just an economist saying that for some people, time is worth more than money and for others, money is worth more than time.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
The stock coil in my Baby Beast has seen over 70 ml of juice and still tastes great.
I can't wait to rip it apart and put some American hands into a new stock coil..
Mind you, I do have the RBA running in my 2nd Baby & that works just fine. Only needed to get those Clapton coils out and wrap some SS coils into place. ( Not a fan of the Clapton coils, needs way to much power to get a nice hit. Where as, the SS coils use 1/2 the power for a hit a prefer.)
I said it b4, and I'll say it again. Those Smoke Baby's go through juice faster then my F150 uses E-85. (Flex Fuel)

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
To some, it's more of a hobby. And time spent on a hobby is not a money factor.
When I go to work, I make money...
Yes, but you could spend the hobby time working and since you don't, the value of the time spent working represents an opportunity cost attributable to whatever hobby activity you've traded the wages for.

The more you could earn working, the more costly the hobby becomes.

Just because money doesn't physically change hands in a transaction does not mean that there is no economic value involved. :)

Reactions: DQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread