Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I had assumed that the V4L "OMG" was a rebranded smoktek Woo, but I may be incorrect about this.

To borrow some info from a friend who did a tech review (I am pasting it rather than linking, as it is on the vendor's website, out of respect to both you and the vendor):

"...It uses 2 rcr123 stacked with a step down switch. These batts came off at 3.61v hot off the charger. This shouldn't surprise anyone, 3.7v batts come off 4.2v as we all know. 3.7v is the maximum off load voltage these batts are rated for, so 3.61v is still in the safe range...."

"...Off load voltage on this device with 2 freshly charged batts was 6.88v. That's not a typo. Once load was applied things changed, the step down kicked in. For those who keep saying it hits better than the pt, well there's a reason why-

Load with cool cart at 3.3ohms- 5.36v
Load with wow carto at 2.3ohms- 5.32
Load with dual coil carto with tank at 1.5ohm- 5.22v..."

I used it with the smoktek dual and single coil tanks from 1.5ohm to 3.0ohm, though later switched to only 2.5ohm and 3.0ohm for battery life and concerns with stacked batteries. I was able to get 4-6 hours out of them with my frequent chain vaping. I would often swap out after 4 hours to avoid draining the batteries down too low, though. I could see how more moderate vapers could get at least 50% more than that...

zjq

Jun 5, 2010
FL
I always heard with rechargeable batteries that you should let them totally die before throwing them on the charger to make them last longer so that's what I did, when the light started flashing I tossed them on the charger

Not a big deal, I'll just buy a few from TV later because when they are new I get at least a day out of them and they are pretty cheap, I can also get liquid and whatnot while I'm there

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
Yeah, the LiFePo4 (lithium phosphate) are much more environmentally friendly in both manufacturing and disposal, but the it's hard to kiss off the extra hours of charge you get from the old technology lithium ion.

Zig, if you completely discharge a lithium ion battery its junk. Won't recharge at all. The drain it all the way down thing is true for ni-cads. Lithium ion batts with IC protection shut down before they are completely discharged. The blue ones we sell don't have that. The Woo shuts off when they get low. If you put these in a flashlight and run them all the way down...that's it.

TVChris

FatDaddyBaker

Jun 27, 2010
A, A
I just got my WOO today and I am thrilled! The cartos are gigantic and hold tons of juice and look damn slick on the WOO itself. The juice tastes better than I thought it would and it hits like sucking on the tailpipe of an old Studebaker, but in a good way. Very complete kit for the money as well. I was a LITTLE disappointed that it didn't come with the tank adapter anymore but I'm not complaining.

BTW: do you guys plan on selling the mega cartos separately? I'd prefer to give you all the business I can instead of going elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread