Smoke Everywhere Rip Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

nugget

Aug 20, 2009
Long Island, NY
People will more for an item when it can be in their hands "right now" Bottom Line.

agreed, im a creature of instant gratification. however this time i really held off and made the order online to get exactly what I wanted, not just a "right now" item. it seems im getting more responsible in my old age of 26.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Visiting an SE kiosk in a mall got me interested in e-cigs. If I had not seen them there I probably would not be smoke free now. I didn't buy from them just found out that a revolution had started. From there I got on the internet and found these forums.
Yosam

This was my experience as well. After trying one at the kiosk, I knew this had great potential. I never would have paid their price and would have done my research as many of you did, because I always do research on about anything over a $10 purchase. But what really told me that there would be much better options was when the guy at the kiosk told me NOT to look at the internet because I would just get ripped off. I suggested he should consider selling used cars, too.:D

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
There is only ONE definition of value:

'What the buyer is willing to pay and the seller is willing to accept. When they reach an aggreement you have value.' PERIOD!

This applies to everything on the planet.

When something does what you expect it to do for longer than you expected it to do it, you usually don't remember what you paid for it.
When something does not do what you expect it to do and doesn't last nearly as long as you expected it to, you know how much money you wasted to the penny.

It is all perception.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
There is only ONE definition of value:

'What the buyer is willing to pay and the seller is willing to accept. When they reach an aggreement you have value.' PERIOD!

This applies to everything on the planet.

When something does what you expect it to do for longer than you expected it to do it, you usually don't remember what you paid for it.
When something does not do what you expect it to do and doesn't last nearly as long as you expected it to, you know how much money you wasted to the penny.

It is all perception.

I agree. That's why I pointed out that at the prices they charge, if they at least provided one of the best PV's available instead of some of the worst, at least there would be some benefit to over paying by a wide margin.

I will agree that if it had not been for the kisok, it would have taken me much longer to discover PV's. That's the one positive I can provide.

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
One reason the kiosks are more expensive is because they demonstrate their product. They introduce the vast majority of people to electronic cigarettes. They have hundreds of kiosks all over the country, and they need to pay for all of them.

I'm not sure on the numbers here (and I'm actually making them up 100%), but imagine a well respected internet supplier such as NHALER has 10 employees. Total. Let's assume that all of them get paid $400/week. Now, let's assume that SE has 1000 employees across the country, all who get paid $300/week.

NHALER would pay $4,000/month in salaries, while SE would pay $300,000/month. SE has 75x more salary to pay. You could also look at the price of renting hundreds of kiosks compared to leasing 1 or 2 warehouses/houses.

The bottom line is that a company like SE has made it their goal to give their product (OUR product) exposure. They've introduced a wonderful thing to many people. They've had to pay so much more money than any internet supplier in order to accomplish these things. Of course they are going to be expensive.

The fact that their product costs 4x as much doesn't seem so terrible anymore, does it? Just don't buy it yourself.

edit: Also, I agree with whoever said this isn't a rip off. I'm pretty sure they have their prices very visible, and you know exactly what you're getting for that price. How exactly is that a rip off? You may think it's overpriced, but you clearly don't know what a rip off is.

Last edited:

Gotcoffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2008
Las Vegas
First I though these kiosks were franchised. Second try and ask them a question about there products. Do you know what kind of answers I got. Cart is equall to 2 packs of Cigs. Its a much healthier alternitive. Now this is not proved yet. Even though I think it still is. The people running these kiosks are uneducated. Ask one of the stores on this forum a question. Thats the difference and why I don't care for them. I know they are fighting the FDA right now and I apreciate that. But they also might be the cause of all the problems also. By telling people lies to just get them to buy there product at a ripoff price.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The fact that their product costs 4x as much doesn't seem so terrible anymore, does it? Just don't buy it yourself.

First, it's not 4x more expensive, it's at least 8x or 800% more expensive. Second, they sell the absolute bottom of the barrel device and also lie about what it can do.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
BTW, SE's site gets more hits than ECF, and probably every other e-cig site combined. The reason they charge the prices they do is because they are moving units at those prices, its really simple and nobody should get in a tiff over it!

I can't prove this but I strongly suspect that at least half the people who buy an SE device, end up throwing it in the drawer and going back to analogs. That hurts the community and industry.

It's a free country and they can charge whatever they want. But at least sell a good device and don't lie to people about how well it works.

adam07specb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
How can you say it is not a ripoff. If you take advantage of people who do not know better then yes you are riping them off. I understand there has to be a mark up. They have overhead. But come on. $40 for a batt.

What about convenience stores... $9 for aspirin? It is called convenience

Gotcoffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2008
Las Vegas
But you knew that you could buy asprin somewhere else right? You knew another store carried it for cheaper price thats your fault. Did the convenience store lie to you about there asprin? Look I want to end this thread I am not here to piss anyone off. We are here to help so this will be my last post in this thread. I hope everyone else does the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread