Smokeless Image/ Volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpfilm1994

Nov 10, 2011
Wilmington, NC
I currently have 2 Revolution Vapor Auto 808's and one V2 Manual 808. Only interested in using cartomizers and the analog style batteries as my use of regular cigarettes was as much about the nicotine as was the physical - holding, hand to mouth, etc.

Just ordered a Volt 78mm manual 808 and the strong (menthol) sampler.

Anyone have opinions (stop laughing) on Smokeless Image, Volt or their pre-filled cartos?

Also, opinions on Halo G6 batteries and cartos?

Thanks y'all.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
The Volt is a very popular KR808. They're a good pv. The V4L, Volt, probably the G6 are fairly similiar and all have prefilled cartos that are very popular. Halo is very popular for menthol juices and many people like the V4L prefilled cartos.

It's a more expensive way to go- buying prefilled. But if you're happy doing that, you can order cartos from any supplier that sells KR808 cartos. Once you find a juice you really like, order it by the bottle and get blank cartomizers for it. Cheaper and they do taste better that way.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I have vaped with various PVs but I'm now "sold" on the VOLTS. At the moment, I have 5 VOLT batteries. I prefer them to the cigar sized PVs and the "pipe bomb" PVs. I've been buying from Smokeless Image for several months and they have excellent customer service!! (They also have frequent sales!) Although most suppliers sell their prefilled cartos for more than the blanks, they are the same price at SI. Taste is subjective. I can't tell you which flavors that you will like. I enjoy grape, chocolate, and menthol ice the most from them. If you like the flavor in the carto, you can also order more niquid to refill them. I really like vaping from a PV that's the same size as my analogs were. And the VOLTs last way longer than the 510 minis!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Volt and G6 are the same thing.

I recommend manual batteries for the best hit. if you want longer hits than their 5 second cutoff allows, try a vapor4Life manual battery (the ones that say they have custom 10-13 second cutoff)

I think the Volt & Bloogplanet cartos physically are best and G6 cartos may be the same. vapor4Life on the other hand has a lot more flavors and my 2 main juices were found there (WOW juices)

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Smokeless image is great!!! I personally only have one volt battery at the moment and other kr808s I got from other places. But I love using their cartos on all my kr808 batts - they are the best!! Also they recently came out with sealed autos so you don't have to press a button and get manuals anymore. They have battery wraps now too and diamond led end caps that you can buy separately to decorate your batteries. They also have multicolor end caps for your cartos. I am planning on making an order with them soon. I cannot recommend their blank cartomizers enough tho for kr808 batts...

Pepe Le Vapse

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
St Louis MO

DebW

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
California
I've been using the Volt for four months now and continue to enjoy it. Like Chimney55 said, taste is subjective but I've found their flavors to be among the best I have tried so far. In addition to using their pre-filled cartos, I've used their blank ones with juices from other vendors. The blanks work just as well as the pre-filled. What I like best about the Volt is the vapor production and throat hit. The vapor is so thick at times that it hangs in the air, reminding me very much of the analogs I used to smoke. This is the fourth PV I've tried since I started vaping in July 2010, and it has the best performance and durability. I would recommend the Volt to anyone who is new or experienced with vaping.

I haven't tried the Halo, so I can't comment on that.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I started out with V2 manuals, tried some V4L cartos, and am now using Volts exclusively. NO comparison in consistency of performance IMO (great hits on Volts every time - the other ones I tried were kind of hit-or-miss), and the Volts are way more affordable. The batteries take a while longer to charge, but they STAY charged FOREVVVER. I tend to not like prefills in general, but hey, it's free juice, the cartos perform quite nicely after cleaning, and they work really well with the crazy sweet dessert flavors that I like. Smokeless Image is really responsive to our "nudging" on their thread too, and comes out with cool new stuff all the time - stuff that we can actually use, the way we want them. And did I mention the colors? Sky blue, signal yellow, bright orange, toxic lime green (coming soon), gold chrome (coming soon), fluorescent purple (coming soon), metallic fuschia...

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I'm vaping on my Volt PT as I drink my morning coffee and read the forums. I love it! I also love my automatic (sealed) batteries and have one glowing on the charger right now. These pv's really are everything they're hyped up to be. Great vapor, just right TH, and great battery life for a slim.

Check out my signature, you'll see that I enjoy a lot of pv's. (I have at least 3 going throughout the day, filled with different flavors and strengths). They're all great for their various tasks. The Volt? I use the PT while forum-ing, the Auto's while Xboxing and enjoying a cup of coffee.

SteelJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Austin, Texas
www.youtube.com
Several vendor's 808's seem to me to be the same or nearly the same. Lots of places are now selling horizontal coil 808 cartomizers but there is no guarantee that they are in that narrow resistance range where they produce a great vape. And now many vendors are also carrying what they think are the new hard-hitting 808 batteries, they look the same, but they don't perform the same. Smokeless Image has done it right in that they sell just one pv, their Volt, and so are laser-focused on their batteries and cartomizers staying in balance, a consistantly good vape. Plus with their great customer service and prices + shipping cost, they pretty much beat the pants off their competition. I like their Desert Joe flavor the best.

Elite Vaporworks also has cartomizers that perform the same as the SI Volt. Their cinnamon danish is excellent.

I'm glad to hear you're going to try some prefilled cartos before going the route of buying blanks and filling them yourself. There are many eliquids out there that crud-up cartomizer/atomizer coils, so you've got to be careful of that when choosing an eliquid.

I've got video reviews of several 808 pv's on my youtube channel you might want to check out. It's youtube.com/steeljan

Happy vaping!

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
I also have a VOLT and I use it as a backup. It is very good! But I can definitely say that Smokeless Image is my favorite supplier! They ship immediately with a small charge based on the volume of my order and they take care of every detail: since I am in Greece, all items from USA must go through customs. Smokeless Image is the only supplier that sends my order as a gift and not as a merchandise and they don't have their logo anywhere, just a name of the sender. So, their packages pass custom clearance immediately and I receive them in 2-3 days!
I love their RY4 prefilled cartridges as well as their 555 ones. And I also love their long automatic and sealed batteries. It feels like I am smoking an analog and it is very different from my usual EGo-T with the XL battery - so much smaller!

TomC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2011
Columbus, Ohio USA
I've got the Halo G6 with the longer battery and Have had a great experience with the equipment and the vendor. The batteries last a few hours (though YMMV) and I really liked the prefilled Tribeca cartos that came with the starter kit. The cartos also refill very well and Halo sells a sampler pack of juice at a pretty reasonable price so you can find out what you like.

That said, afte about a month I went to Crystal Clear Vaping and bought an e-power and love it. Batteries and cartos last all day and the starter kit is about the same price as the Halo.

Ayce

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2011
Saint John NB Canada
I've been vaping for about a week, now, and put away the tobacco I have left on Tuesday. Haven't had an analog since.
Just got my Volt kit today, and after charging, I find them a lot better than the "beginner" eCig I have. Also got some eLiquid (Jugheads, 24mg RY4) from the same source. The sample carts in the kit are 0% nic. I'm guessing, as a researched n00b, that I can refill these after the current juice is gone. I've watched the refilling vid on the first page of the SmokelessImage. com dedicated page from the link on page 1. Looks simple enough. If I'm wrong, let me know, please. My source assured me it's possible, and while I mean no offence to him, I have to be sure there won't be issues. He has also given me rough instructions on the procedure. Any additional help is appreciated. :2cool:
Thanks.

lunabella

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
I just got my Volt kit this week and I'm loving it!! It's my third pv and definitely my favourite by far (and I really liked the performance of my other ones!) That little e-cig packs a punch. I think you're going to really like it!

As others have said, Smokeless Image really does have fabulous customer service and quick shipping, so you can feel confident you're dealing with a good supplier.

Take a peek at SteelJan's video on youtube about the Volt - the Chainsaw Test, and you'll immediately feel better about your purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread