SmokeTip Lifetime Warranty and unprofessional CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting to Exhale

Apr 19, 2011
Mesa, AZ
I placed an order with SmokeTip a few months back for 2 batteries. One battery quit working after only a few days, but I didn't return it because my puppy got ahold of it and chewed on it. The second one quit working after a month. I wasn't even going to bother to return it for a replacement because the batteries were too large and heavy, didn't hold a charge for very long and worked about as well as sucking a milkshake through a coffee stirrer. I only decided to return it, because I wanted to give it to my son as a back up because he had lost one of his e-cigs.

I sent a request to SmokeTip for a return. They took several days to respond, but I didn't care because I wasn't in any big rush. It had been a few months since I initially placed the order and they asked me what cartridges I had been using because I never ordered any of their prefilled cartridges. I told them 808D cartridges. I realized from their question about the cartridges that I had probably voided the warranty. I should have read their warranty before ordering, because I prefer to fill empty cartridges with juice over prefilled cartridges. I thought I read it when I placed the order, but I guess I didn't. My bad, I should have read it before ordering.

Their response was -
[h=1]Battery warranty VOIDED[/h]I copied and pasted that from the email they sent. I was fully expecting to get declined after reading their warranty online, so the decline didn't bother me, but I didn't appreciate the way they responded with the bold emphasis and all caps. I was never rude or impatient in my email conversations with them, so I was annoyed by this.

Anyway, I just wanted to make everyone aware of SmokeTip's return policies. If you like to use empty cartridges and juice, do not order from this company because their batteries will quit working and you will not be able to return them. Their batteries are more expensive than most and don't work as well or last as long as much cheaper ones. Also, if you expect a somewhat professional customer service, then don't bother with SmokeTip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread