Smoktech dct large tank...help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsGoddess2U

Nov 16, 2014
Salem, Oregon
Can anyone give me info on these? I bought a bunch of them and watched a video on how to fill them. I filled one and put my finger of the bottom and made quite a few hard draws to draw up the liquid into the carto. I took a hit and barely got anything, so I let it sit overnight and tried it again, this morning. I'm barely getting anything out of it at all! I checked the ohms and its only 1.5. I ended up buying 6 of these things! Is this how they are or am I doing something wrong?

MsGoddess2U

Nov 16, 2014
Salem, Oregon
Haven't used cartos or carto tanks in a while, but...

Did you fill/prime the carto before putting it in the tank? That does need to be done, lots of filler in there and without doing that, it could take a LONG time to wick up. And once the filler is burned, it's time to replace it.

I wish I had realized what I was buying! The video I watched, just said to draw on it, with the bottom hole plugged. I guess the best way to prime it would be with a syringe....?? I'll have to purchase some syringes today...the only ones I have are the blunt tip that I use for measuring. So...once primed, these things give good hits?

Are these the things that there is so much fuss about with giving off a formaldehyde-like chemical, when dry burned?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
There are various ways to fill them.

Drops into the top (take the little white plug out - you're going to put on a drip tip anyway, right?), slowly to let it soak down. Patience... if a "standard" size, probably 30 - 40 drops to fill. If an XL carto, more.

The "condom" method. Take the longer of the two silicone covers, fill it about half way with juice and slowly insert the carto to the bottom. Some insert the threaded end, some the other. Once it's all wicked in, repeat with more juice.

Syringe - never used that method.

You never want to dry burn a carto. The filler will burn, and it will taste really bad from then on!

MsGoddess2U

Nov 16, 2014
Salem, Oregon
There are various ways to fill them.

Drops into the top (take the little white plug out - you're going to put on a drip tip anyway, right?), slowly to let it soak down. Patience... if a "standard" size, probably 30 - 40 drops to fill. If an XL carto, more.

The "condom" method. Take the longer of the two silicone covers, fill it about half way with juice and slowly insert the carto to the bottom. Some insert the threaded end, some the other. Once it's all wicked in, repeat with more juice.

Syringe - never used that method.

You never want to dry burn a carto. The filler will burn, and it will taste really bad from then on!

I don't think these have a white cap on them....

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
When I used carto tanks, I found that I preferred the single coil cartos. I always thought the dual coils to be weak.

I bought 2 hole cartos and I used a carto punch to enlarge the holes a little more. The first time I tapped them with a hammer and small nail, but a carto punch will be better. The nuber and size of the holes is a personal thing. I'm a heavy vaper so I needed the bigger holes. Also, heavy VG liquid will require bigger holes.

You really have to totally saturate the carto before you put it into the tank. This is really important...fill it, shake it down and fill it some more, until it looks good and slushy.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I fell victim to the smok DCT a while back. Reading how great they were. I bought a bunch of tanks a load of cartos, a punch and watched a pile of youtube videos. I then realized that I wasted a pile of money on these crap tanks. I could not get them to work, either flooding or dry hits nothing in between. I went as far to take the carto apart to try to revamp the coils, repack the batting and still wouldn't work. After several frustrating attempts I then tossed the lot into a drawer where they sat for months to finally give them all away to a carto using friend.
I can honestly say that my Smok DCT tank experience was a EPIC failure.

PS I forgot to add the enormous amount of juice I wasted trying to get the DCT's to work

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Still have several of the tanks and many boxes of replacement cartos. They are my backups for the backups .. or VapApocalypse stash.....
Nothing wrong with them Always loved the flavor of vapor from them. Just don't like the time needed to care for them before 1st use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread