Smoktech ego vs Joyetch ego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Void

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
San Diego
So I'm thinking about replacing my joyetech ego set with a new pair, it has been about 6+ months since I first purchased them. Nothing is wrong with them physically but I can tell the power output seems to be lower and they haven't been lasting as long. I was thinking about getting a different set this time. I have bought the Riva set which died in less then a month, friend bought the Trex which died about the same amount of time, Ego-T tasted horrible, Ego-C price is to high for the aka improved Ego-T and the Firefly doesn't fit all my 510 gear nicely. This leaves me with the smok Ego and was wondering are these joyetech brand or another knock off and how long have they been lasting?

Also, how come the LF brand of smoktech egos looks different then the ones on their site?
http://www.liberty-flights.com/upload/products/large/1/128.jpg
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j...-900mAh-Battery-and-Dual-Coil-Cartomizers.jpg

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
www.liberty-flights.co.uk
The image of the smoktech eGo, the second image, is their original version. Their eGo now looks like Joyes, we stock that in the UK as the eGo as we can't carry the Joye range. The battery is great, very few problems with it. Because of this, we are stocking the Riva range with Smoktech batteries (on the next run, due to Ty very soon) so it will be interesting to see what the Smoktech Riva batteries perform like.

Void

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
San Diego
So I went ahead and got the Smoktech egos. First off they feel nice like the Joyetechs but the rubber feel is a little slicker and the threads feel cheap like the e-power. The power output is a huge difference but then again I was using a battery 6months old, I'll have to check the output on a voltage meter. Also the button sticks and I have to tap again to unstick it otherwise its constantly on, not digging that very much. :mad:Finally the 5 tap feature to turn it on/off is completely inconstant with this unit. QC fail. Funny thing is that I got the 900mah version and it feels lighter then my 650mah Joyetch's. I guess you get what you pay for, cheap china gear. :glare:

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
That doesnt sound good. Sorry for the fuss. We have had really good luck with these otherwise....

one difference you should notice between the Smok Tech EGO, and the Joye EGO, is the voltage output. The Joye is regulated to about 3.4v. The Smok Tech is not, and will perform more like the Riva.

Above, you mentioned the Firefly doesnt ft your 510 gear... can you elaborate? it should be 100% compatible with EGO/510 parts and accessories.

thanks,
Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread